• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

IV Medina County 250 Adventure Motorcycle Ride - Saturday, 1/19/19-Castroville, Texas

Looking good for me and some Austinites to make it down. Anybody that wants to camp on Saturday, then take the scenic route back to the Austin area on Sunday, let me know.

Come prepared. They may change the forecast again for the high temp for Saturday.

Sat, Jan 19
Sunny/Wind
59°/30°
0%
  • Humidity: 43%
  • Wind: NNW 22 mph
  • UV Index: 4 of 10
  • Sunrise: 7:28 am
  • Sunset: 6:00 pm
  • Sunny with gusty winds. High 59F. Winds NNW at 20 to 30 mph. Higher wind gusts possible.

Looking good for me and some Austinites to make it down. Anybody that wants to camp on Saturday, then take the scenic route back to the Austin area on Sunday, let me know.

Wish I could join, sounds awesome! Unfortunately got other plans for the weekend non moto related. :(

Whats the status on the new bike , triumph? Right?
well it is either the XC 1200 triumph scrambler or the new KTM 790 Adventure R...….. I'm going to ride both before I choose.... the KTM is far more dirt orientated than the Triumph. both are due in late Feb and I have deposits on both right now.

well it is either the XC 1200 triumph scrambler or the new KTM 790 Adventure R...….. I'm going to ride both before I choose.... the KTM is far more dirt orientated than the Triumph. both are due in late Feb and I have deposits on both right now.
Ahh, i remember the triumph choice but didn't know you considered the ktm too. Ktm buzzworthy. :popcorn:

The ride is on!

Notes:
1. The water level is higher than normal at the Medina River crossing just north of Castroville. I'm going to bypass that section by simply going north on FM 471 leaving Castroville and picking up the route a couple of miles north of town. I did the crossing yesterday in my truck but saw another truck turn around.

zhi1T9q.jpg

2. I'll contact Sammy's about reserving the back room for us again this year.

Last edited:
That is a great decision, Sander. I rode to that crossing 10 days ago, and the water was too high for me to chance it then while riding alone.

Who is tenting at Castroville Regional? me and Elio will be pulling in about 8:00 pm on Friday.

Who is tenting at Castroville Regional? me and Elio will be pulling in about 8:00 pm on Friday.

Where are you camping Saturday? If I finish early I might make the trip there to camp and then do the sunday ride back to Austin.

I'm getting excited and will get ready in the morning. Been since November since I've had a proper long tour with the bunch
:flip: :pirate: :flip:
:pirate: :flip: :pirate:
:flip: :flip: :flip:
:flip: :pirate: :flip: :pirate:

Me and Elio might want to tag along on that 300 mile run, if you want some company.

I'm thinking (90% decided) of joining in the fun tomorrow. I've been on a couple of Sander's rides (always winners), but going out solo this time, so would like to join someone's group. I generally prefer to ride a tad less spirited than Sander on gravel/dirt.

Back