• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

What is your job?

I am a live sound engineer. Sounds all haughty and stuff but what I really do is turn some knobs to make the band think they sound better ;-) ....
I spent several years traipsing around TX and LA doing one night gigs in clubs and festivals. That life is fun beyond belief but very hard on the health and relationships. When we found out about our first kid I started looking for something in town to get off the road. Enter Texas A&M. I got on in the Rudder Theatre Department doing some of the most boring conferences and speeches ever made. :roll: . I still get to mix a band every now and then, but its usually crappy locals....

I build custom speakers on the side and hope to develop this into a full time gig some day. I enjoy being covered in sawdust more than listening to the inorganic chemists' convention anyday... :suicide:

WOW! 15 years has gone by in a flash!

I'm still a Sound Engineer, but I work at Lone Star Cowboy Church in Montgomery now. I manage all audio and lighting on campus and mix the "broadcast" feed that you hear when you tune in on livestream or facebook.

Between 2004 and now I opened (and closed) my own small sound company, went on tour with a few different Texas Country artists, wrote a few articles that got published in a trade mag, and helped my wife open and operate: www.danielaweaver.com

I haven't been riding since I opened my business. I mothballed my Strom to save money for the business. I'm getting the itch again though, hence why I am back here reading TWTex again! lol.

And another fun fact, I'm using the same avatar today that I was back when I registered for this site! It's a pic of me doing a pop a wheelie on a JD Gator 6x6! I was climbing a short set of steps outside of Rudder at A&M......

I bought lots of ford parts in my truck working days . That used to be the only truck when you had a job to do .

I am a hospice nurse for a not for profit company. Great job at a great place.

I have 10 years in the Army, 10 years in law-enforcement. I have worked in the telecom industry (splicer and inside plant+operations management + design work). I have also done building automation installation and was a commercial estimator for a medium sized AC company. I have also been a farm kid and managed a chicken farm at 17 too.

Heck, I’ve had a crazy life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is an eclectic combination of skills and experiences.

2004 Finance / Controllers at ExxonMobil in Houston

2018 Funemployed in Phoenix with a small company in Houston paying the bills.

Relocated with my wife due to her illnesses. Going on 33 years together. We're both 47!

I miss my swamp people, but life is good in the desert. Thanks to twtex for introducing me to Richard, TARA, Big Bend, and the possibility of living out west.

Last edited:
I’m guessing Norman Reedus. He’s a triumph guy

I would like to get where he is. I have a long way to go though. This is all fairly new in my life. It is a bit shocking how well it is going, but in the grand scheme of things, it is pretty small time stuff. The other side of that is this is were lots of people start and of the great sea of humanity trying to do this stuff, most don't even get this far.

2004 Finance / Controllers at ExxonMobil in Houston

2018 Funemployed in Phoenix with a small company in Houston paying the bills.

Relocated with my wife due to her illnesses. Going on 33 years together. We're both 47!

I miss my swap people, but life is good in the desert. Thanks to twtex for introducing me to Richard, TARA, Big Bend, and the possibility of living out west.
Y'all been together since you were both 14? Wow!

Triumphter, then we need to figure this out. Give another clue and 10,000 no points to the one who figures you out 😎

Triumphter, then we need to figure this out. Give another clue and 10,000 no points to the one who figures you out 😎

It is unlikely anyone would get it. People (some, not a lot...) would recognize the movie I am filming now (it is a part "insert number" ) and the movie I am making after that (a remake) but I am well below the "get recognized" threshold. That, in a small way, is coming, but...yeah, I have a long way to go. We will see what is to come :)

It sure is fun though.

Together since 14/15. We were jr. high friends. 23 yrs married now, as of last week.
50301997_10217712743714855_6902644723987513344_o.jpg

Looking good Deputy!

I miss Crown Vics. We have Tahoes. They are just fine, but again, I miss Crown Vics.

I started in a Crown Vic, and was in various CVPIs for about 4 years before I was issued a Tahoe.

The CVPIs were built like a friggin' tank, and the only issue I ever had across the 3 year models I had were the thermostats going out. But, for the very rural area I work, the Tahoes are better for the rough county roads and pastures.

Own a small consulting firm specializing in selling, implementing and supporting financial/management systems for small/midsize manufacturing companies. I know right, takes your breath away just thinking about the excitement in my life every day! ;-) :sleep:

I augment that excitement with my love for anything with gas that don't cut grass (wife hates that saying) Cars, bikes, boats, I love them all.

Second and last marriage for both my wife and I. Together 30 years and married 25 of the easiest years of my life. I still wonder, as does every single one of our friends, how I landed this woman. :bow:

Parts and Service manager for a small Ford dealership for 33 years.
married 40 years as of last week.

Reactions: cdc
Back