• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Introducing myself, looking for dual sport riders in the Houston, and surrounding areas.

Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Hi, my name is Steve, been riding now for 8 years, and I am 48 years old. I live in Humble, TX. I just bought a Versys-X 300, and have been taking it on trails around Lake Houston and Crosby, great Dual Sport! I have a bigger bike, a 2010 Honda NT700V, thats a 680 V-Twin. I bought that bike as my first street bike on a recommendation because I wanted a Sport Touring bike. After fabricating my own larger sheft peg for boots, mini running board, and a Corbin seat, stereo upgrade, its a decent touring bike. However, Honda, only imported them for 2 years into the USA, and I bought the first year , and that was a mistake. Anyhow, drop me a response if anyone knows some good Dual Sport roads/trails.

Welcome to TWT! There is a pretty good loop around Lufkin. Tx350. Couple day ride through the surrounding forest on county roads and fire roads. We are looking to get down there in March to ride it again. View attachment TX_EasTex_350.gpx

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

Welcome to the site Steve :wave:

If you get on up North of TX 105, there are some fun roads, paved and unpaved. However, if you go off the pavement, you better be okay with riding in sand ;-)

If you head NW out toward Huntsville, New Waverly, Willis, and Lake Livingston, there are a lot of forest and county roads, some paved, some not, and still some decent sand in places.

There used to be a pretty regular bike night in the Humble/Kingwood/Atascocita area. I'm not sure if they still meet every week or not, but here is their thread,
https://www.twtex.com/forums/threads/ne-houston-atascocita-humble-area-riders.102837/

Welcome to TWT! There is a pretty good loop around Lufkin. Tx350. Couple day ride through the surrounding forest on county roads and fire roads. We are looking to get down there in March to ride it again. View attachment 132099

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk
Cool, I will be monitoring this thread for those rides then. I haven't had allot of time on that bike so its really new. I think I have about 600 - 700 miles on it now. I work allot, so the weekends is about all I get. Already had a couple of those "get off my property!" people along the trails around Lake Houston. I actually don't think any of the people that yelled at me actually own any of the property, but it adjacent to theirs and shouting over the fence at me , in their minds is probably a good thing. Dunno. I actually called "Caty Armor" looking for a bullet proof motorcycle vest. Figure its a two-fer win win, as the Kevlar would be good in a spill also.

Just make sure it a county road then you will be in the clear. You may be dead, but you will still be right..

Back