• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

What is your job?

I am a Facilitator for an Adult Day Care Center, w/ offices in East Texas, West Texas, and South Texas.

In my spare time I enjoy Enduro’s with my Son and Daughter.

My Son and I will be venturing off to the Big Bend area in February for our 1st Dual Sport Adventure.

my job is to cause mass confusion, haha not really. Retired

The details of my life are quite inconsequential... very well, where do I begin? My father was a relentlessly self-improving boulangerie owner from Belgium with low grade narcolepsy and a penchant for buggery. My mother was a fifteen year old French prostitute named Chloe with webbed feet. My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. My childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When I was insolent I was placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds- pretty standard really. At the age of twelve I received my first scribe. At the age of fourteen a Zoroastrian named Vilma ritualistically shaved my testicles. There really is nothing like a shorn scrotum... it's breathtaking- I highly suggest you try it.

The details of my life are quite inconsequential... very well, where do I begin? My father was a relentlessly self-improving boulangerie owner from Belgium with low grade narcolepsy and a penchant for buggery. My mother was a fifteen year old French prostitute named Chloe with webbed feet. My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. My childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When I was insolent I was placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds- pretty standard really. At the age of twelve I received my first scribe. At the age of fourteen a Zoroastrian named Vilma ritualistically shaved my testicles. There really is nothing like a shorn scrotum... it's breathtaking- I highly suggest you try it.
:huh:

I guess if 50% are above average, some of us have to cover the bottom. :lol2:

Austin Powers, lol

Parts/Salesman plain n simple...but with a smattering of related jobs over the years..

Started parts at a International Harvester tractor dealer where my dad worked as a salesman in high school
Various delivery...warehouse & mfg jobs for a few after that...till Steakleys Honda Yamaha Triumph needed a parts person in 78
Then worked as a machinist in training 80-84 evenings & part time at Steakleys for fun daytime
USA Performance speed shop briefly after a layoff at Precision Machine..then back to Steakleys in 85 as Parts Mgr till 88
VW Porsche Audi Honda parts needed me for a year or so..then
Ram Aircraft...but not in parts...as an assembly shop mechanic for 9 yrs till a layoff
Back to car parts at NAPA from 99 to 2001
when I became Parts Mgr for Aurora Aviation....the company was sold in 04 & all my hard work setting up that parts biz flew out the hangar...I did too!..so I decided to work for myself....doing mostly what Im doin now
Contract sales...parts...accys...riding gear...bikes...cars...Ive even been asked to sell a boat or two...but turned those down.

I held on into the great recession..but finally had to take an hourly job again in 2010... stomached that goofy schitzo boss as long as I could...then took a year on my own again in 2013
2014 it was back to my old habits but only part time at OReillys till I retired Jan of this last year (I went thru 4 diff mgrs over that time....I was orig hired for commercial sales...but that never materialised) Anuther person now has that position.
Retired at 62...handling my brothers legal/nursing home..etc
Folks still ask me to handle listings though.

& I ride

Last edited:
Customers draw pictures of what they want, then I make what they draw. www.dclites.net Milling along since 1963.
Very cool. And thanks for your Service.

Parts/Salesman plain n simple...but with a smattering of related jobs over the years.
& I ride
C'mon, your full-time career is being just a great guy :sun: and Wee Strom maven :rider:, everyone knows that :clap:

Saw that movie for the first time this year. It's surprising what being stuck in an airliner for ten hours will make you do...

It makes me sleep for 9-1/2 hours. But if Austin was playing I would have stayed awake. ..yeah baby!

_

Customers draw pictures of what they want, then I make what they draw. www.dclites.net Milling along since 1963.
I need to find a day where I could come up and visit. I've never really had a chance to check out a serious CNC based shop. The guys we deal with are mostly hand fabricators of custom hardware that involves a LOT of grinding and welding. We do a bit of work that is aluminum and made via CNC, but it is real basic stuff. Most all of the steel hardware is hand built custom stuff.

I found another much longer thread about "what you do for a living" and merged the two together. Should be interesting to go back through them and see how many folks I remember that haven't been on the site in a while.

Dang I was a college student when this thread started. Now I'm a husband and father.

To pay the bills I'm a patrol sergeant at a mid sized agency and member of our county's regional SWAT team. Most of the time it doesn't feel like work because I'm having fun.

Dang I was a college student when this thread started. Now I'm a husband and father.

To pay the bills I'm a patrol sergeant at a mid sized agency and member of our county's regional SWAT team. Most of the time it doesn't feel like work because I'm having fun.

Didn't you have a VFR 800? I could swear you ended up with some of my GIVI luggage and the Wingrack II I had on my VFR.

Not me. When I joined I had a copper SV just like Squeaky's. I think I got a chance to join one ride that was led by you when you had the GS!

Appliance repair tech for the time being.

It's pretty cool, for a job...

Back