• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Server Busy Errors

We're now running on the new server!! Now where's that, "Please be patient, I'm in training" button? Seriously, there may be a couple of hiccups here and there, but we were pretty thorough in our testing so hopefully this will take care of all of the issues.
Good job guys. Home page needs a little attention.

Index of /
Name Last modified Size Description

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

apache2-default/ 20-Nov-2004 14:16 -
phpmyadmin/ 24-Mar-2007 18:47 -
webalizer/ 14-Oct-2007 06:25 -

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/2.2.3 Server at www.twtex.com Port 80

The web page appears in code.

Good job guys. Home page needs a little attention.

Index of /
Name Last modified Size Description

apache2-default/ 20-Nov-2004 14:16 -
phpmyadmin/ 24-Mar-2007 18:47 -
webalizer/ 14-Oct-2007 06:25 -

Apache/2.2.3 Server at www.twtex.com Port 80

The web page appears in code.

I think you caught it in between the move. I'm not seeing that anymore...

QS, what you saw is what was on the new server before we moved the site over. Are you still seeing it now?

Squeaky, the site comes up for me with or without the ? on the end.

Just had an odd question... are the members of ST-O.C providing an equivalent amount of monetary support? I'm sure there are people on here that don't mind paying for everyone else's entertainment... I was just curious if ST-O was reaping the benefits of TWT's hard work and generous contributions.

:tab They are not contributing to the server fund. However, they will be paying a monthly fee for being on the server with us. So they are contributing indirectly ;-)

Please bear in mind that DNS for all the sites is still on the old box. I'll be working with the hosting company tomorrow to get the IP changed on the old box so I can move the IP associated with DNS to the new box. DNS is already running and working there...

This means that if the old box suffers an outage, it will affect DNS for the new...

I will be working on moving DNS today but I will post the time for the move. There may be a brief (couple of minutes) blip while the IP moves from one box to the other and when the old box changes IP's.

Nobody needs to panic...:rofl:

DNS is moved. It didn't go as nicely as I would've liked, but I don't think the move was that noticeable to anyone but the ST-OWNERS.COM guys. We are now completely severed from the old box (as far as TWT goes).

MySQL restarted for tuning reasons at 20:43 (my time). You may have to log in again...

Just in case anyone was wondering, the system load shot through the roof today at about 08:00, but I suspect it was due to a database tool I was testing. We've been running for almost 2 weeks without an issue and it was only after I got out of that tool that the database activity went crazy. All is well again.

Over the span of several months, the server we were on in the summer of 2007 was going bad for unknown reasons and was REALLY causing some major headaches for me. I had originally been planning to attend the first MexTrek trip with Richard "TrailBoss" down to Galeana, Mexico. I'd spent months getting my bike and everything else ready to go. However, as the date for the trip got closer, the server was just falling apart performance wise. The new server I'd ordered had come in and Chris "Wczimmerman" had it ready for me to grab from his home in Temple and take up to the data center in Dallas. I couldn't leave town for a trip to Mexico for over a week with the site falling apart. I had to cancel the trip, head to Temple then Dallas, drop off the server, and get back home instead. Fortunately, the new server worked great. This was the very same server that we recently moved off of in December of last year (2018).

In the eleven years that server was being used, the ONLY problem we ever had with it was a hard drive failure for one of the three data drives setup in a redundant raid system. It got hot swapped with a spare without even a hiccup on the site. There were a few network related issues over the years that caused some problems, but no other hardware issues. In computer years, I'd say I got my money's worth out of that server! I recently received confirmation from the data center that the server drives have been scrubbed and the entire machine sent out for recycling. Apparently, being so old, it was not worth them trying to use it for anything even though I told them they could have it free and clear.

I tried to make that same trip to Mexico three more times. I can't recall what happened the second time that prevented me from being able to go at the last minute. The third time, a deer got the best of me and my KLR 650 a week before the trip. I had ridden the bike to work to make sure everything was good to go because, once again, I had spent a lot of time and money getting it ready for the trip. I was in post surgery with screws in my left ankle the first day we were supposed to be in Mexico. My last attempt was a May trip instead of the normal October time frame for these trips. About a week before the trip, I was getting a REALLY bad feeling about going. Gang violence had been up in recent months. About the time I finally decided I wasn't going, the other guys I was going to go with called and said they weren't going because they too had been having a REALLY strong bad vibe about the trip. So we bailed and headed to Cloudcroft, NM., for a week of riding instead.

I would still LOVE to attend one of the Mextrek events, but life seems to have indefinitely pushed that off my horizon. Some day maybe...

Scott, this may not be the place to give a heads-up and do not know how much this helps you, but... after I type more than about 3 lines or so of info into a post, the screen starts jumping and flickering badly. If I only type a line or two, it is ok.

Is this a (just started at "Is") built-in filter that tries to limit how much knowledge I can impart on the unsuspecting or a software bug? It has been doing it for some time. Just been letting it run along thinking it would work itself out. For instance, it started with this paragraph and will not go away. The bottom this window flickers in and out / up and down while typing. Just FYI.

Scott, this may not be the place to give a heads-up and do not know how much this helps you, but... after I type more than about 3 lines or so of info into a post, the screen starts jumping and flickering badly. If I only type a line or two, it is ok.

Is this a (just started at "Is") built-in filter that tries to limit how much knowledge I can impart on the unsuspecting or a software bug? It has been doing it for some time. Just been letting it run along thinking it would work itself out. For instance, it started with this paragraph and will not go away. The bottom this window flickers in and out / up and down while typing. Just FYI.

I've not seen this at all :scratch: Are you seeing it on a desktop system, tablet, phone, Tapatalk?

both places - Google. I am attempting to recreate it as we speak so am drawing out this text. All is stable at this time, but I am on my first sentence. If all have not tried IE or FireFox, but will for testing purposes. This jittering has been going on from day one but (third sentence, third word it just started) making it difficult. At this point usually type in Word then cut/paste text in TWT.

Back