• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

New member in south Fort Worth

Reaction score
Hello all,
I'm new to the group and found this place via ADVchef. I've been riding motorcycles since I was about 8 and have been though many dirt and street bikes. I currently ride a BMW R1200GS and a KTM EXCF 500. I'd love to find some other riders in the area, but I have one question. In the calendar, I see recurring events in the Fort Worth area, but I can never tell if any event is currently happening. There will be 130 pages of comments under an event and the most recent comment will be a week old so I'm left wondering if the event itself is current. Specifically, I'm refering to the Friday Fort Worth rides. Do the current comment pages get updated before a ride?

Welcome from Stockdale!

Not sure about the fort worth evens, someone in the know will be along shortly

A lot of the recurring events just have one LONG thread. Some folks have started creating a new thread at the start of each year. The deal with the calendar is that it will only take you to the start of the thread. Generally you have to go to the end of the thread for the most recent info. You don't need to read the whole thing. If you are unsure, just post a reply at the end of the thread and ask what the current plans might be.

Welcome to the site!

Welcome from Granbury ... I too have a 500 EXC and just returned from Big Bend, Had a blast.

There are a few regular meets ...

One on Tuesday (the location floats around)
https://www.twtex.com/forums/threads/tarrant-co-meet-greet-most-tuesdays.110791/

and then again on Friday which hasmet at the same place for centuries ... some of them rode in on horseback back in the day.
https://www.twtex.com/forums/threads/friday-night-ice-cream-bikes-7-15-pm.18368/

Trips and events section typically lists the upcoming planned rides ... as simple as meeting at a convenience store and riding to have lunch or breakfast to registration requirements.

Meet, greet and eat is monthly and moves around the state.
Pie Run has it's own sub-section ... I guess pie is special ...
Slacker rides happen during the work week and are a hoot.

Lots of opportunities.

:welcome: & enjoy! Going to have to look for the thread you mentioned....I didn't find a thing :scratch:

I recommend you subscribe to those two threads. The Friday night thing is always the same, but Tuesday doesn't always happen and it moves around when it does. The way it works is whoever has a hankering to eat some place posts up and others will either show up or not. Attendance has been down a bit over the last year or so as some of the regulars have taken on increased responsibilities at work. Lately when it happens we have between four and six show up. We'd be pleased to see you at either or both events.

I recommend you subscribe to those two threads. The Friday night thing is always the same, but Tuesday doesn't always happen and it moves around when it does. The way it works is whoever has a hankering to eat some place posts up and others will either show up or not. Attendance has been down a bit over the last year or so as some of the regulars have taken on increased responsibilities at work. Lately when it happens we have between four and six show up. We'd be pleased to see you at either or both events.

Yes, I already subscribed to both threads and look forward to attending. The weather Friday evening looks good so I'll likely try and attend the "ice cream" meet this Friday (Feb 1, 2019). Thanks for the info!

Welcome from Galveston County, I'm sure you will find some great folks on here and in your area too.

Welcome. I'm in Arlington and have a R12GS and a WR450 so similar bikes. I'm sure we'll meet at a ride someday.

Back