• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Around the Bend & Lone Star Reunion Feb 28 - Mar 3, 2019

I’m looking for a camping spot. Let me know if you are still interested.

Or anyone else for that matter. Who has a camping ground? It’ll just be me.

Ocho,

Did Loydinator ever reply? I noticed Rattlesnake Mtn camp spot as well. Im looking into making this trip but would like to find a camping spot as well. Thanks

Might I suggest contacting Wild Horse Station.

https://visitbigbend.com/vendors/wild-horse-station/

I shared a 2 bedroom cabin (2BR, kitchen, bath, front room, AC and heat at cost for $100+tax per night for the both of us.
Very clean and very secure.

Lois is the coolest little old lady and very accommodating.

She has lots of options ...

Awesome John. Honda 500's unite once again!!!
Shadman — I bought an XR400 to join the cb500x. Not sure I’ll have the xr plates in time for big bend. I am planning to bring it to mextrek10 so I can see if will carve pavement at all.

If anyone can't find a camping spot give me a shout. My little sliver of Bee Mountain in the "barrio" can be camped on and showers can be had around town. Its not pretty, but its free. And 1 mile from ride HQ.

We did it from Marfa last year, with no gates. This year I'm thinking of starting in Terlingua, cutting across BBRSP, then around on Pinto Canyon to Candelaria. Back on 170. Anybody who's in Terlingua Thursday morning is welcome to join.
I'm gonna be there and I'll be interested. I'll be rolling in on Wednesday. Silver R1150GSA with CMA and ADV stickers on the rear of panniers.

Ocho,

Did Loydinator ever reply? I noticed Rattlesnake Mtn camp spot as well. Im looking into making this trip but would like to find a camping spot as well. Thanks

hey guys sorry just saw this, lets all post up at rattlesnake mountain site! Ive got a fold up fire pit

hey guys sorry just saw this, lets all post up at rattlesnake mountain site! Ive got a fold up fire pit

Rattlesnake mountain site is not a reliable option. I just called the national park and we could only find out if its available when we arrive which would be risky. Think we should explore the other options in or near Terlingua.

I will show up on Friday afternoon. You guys that are camping...when you find a camp site, I would appreciate it if you would leave a little 8x10 foot patch of ground for me and my motorcycle (Africa Twin). Of course I would be happy to split any fees!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Well if anyone finds any free camping or low price, please share . I'm going to be paying $20 a night at Study Butte RV. But since I'm a cheap b*st*rd......you know the drill.

I will be leaving Fort Worth area at 5am on that Friday. If you can ride farther than 120 miles at one shot, let me know.

I have 47 acres about 5 miles north of the Motor Inn. (where the gas station is) Anybody is certainly welcome to camp there. Bathroom in my shop is available and we could probably arrange showers.
Robert

I have 47 acres about 5 miles north of the Motor Inn. (where the gas station is) Anybody is certainly welcome to camp there. Bathroom in my shop is available and we could probably arrange showers.
Robert
I will certainly consider it. Free is better almost always.

There have been more than a few TWTEX people stay here. Have a camper but it seems to be booked for the event. Workshop available. And we are having a cookout on Friday night.

For those still looking for a camp spot, I've done a bunch of searching. I found this pretty cool looking spot on the Hipcamp link posted previously. Its called Terlingua Ghost town Camping. Would welcome others to join me who haven't found a spot or want to change. Bathhouse, water, etc for $29/night . As of now, my plan is to arrive Thursday late afternoon.

https://www.hipcamp.com/texas/historic-old-town-terlingua/terlingua-ghost-town-camping

My first trip down there was last week.

The one thing that impressed me the most was just how friendly and out-going everyone was.
Very refreshing to see that kind of attitude again.

Robert

For those still looking for a camp spot, I've done a bunch of searching. I found this pretty cool looking spot on the Hipcamp link posted previously. Its called Terlingua Ghost town Camping. Would welcome others to join me who haven't found a spot or want to change. Bathhouse, water, etc for $29/night . As of now, my plan is to arrive Thursday late afternoon.

https://www.hipcamp.com/texas/historic-old-town-terlingua/terlingua-ghost-town-camping

Interested in both of these choices. If we can split that $29 between several, I'd be in. How far away is it from HQ?

Interested in both of these choices. If we can split that $29 between several, I'd be in. How far away is it from HQ?

The place I located is right in Terlingua. Literally down the block from the check in place High Sierra and 5 miles from the jump off Big Bend Motor Inn.

Your welcome to share my reserved spot but I better check to make sure it will accommodate two or more tents. Likely does, but I can check and get back with you

The place I located is right in Terlingua. Literally down the block from the check in place High Sierra and 5 miles from the jump off Big Bend Motor Inn.

Your welcome to share my reserved spot but I better check to make sure it will accommodate two or more tents. Likely does, but I can check and get back with you

See if it will hold 3 people. Also ask about how secure our stuff would be? Hate to come back to an empty camp

See if it will hold 3 people. Also ask about how secure our stuff would be? Hate to come back to an empty camp

This site is 2 adults, and can hold 2 back pack tents. I could ask for a larger site or you can reserve one next to site #3. If Loydinator replys that he is in, you could split the cost of that second site.

As for the bike, he said they aren't allowed at the camp sites but the parking lot is close and has had zero crime issues. Looks like the host may be located on site.

There have been more than a few TWTEX people stay here. Have a camper but it seems to be booked for the event. Workshop available. And we are having a cookout on Friday night.

Robert, would it be possible to camp at your property Thurs - Sun? I'll check if there's spots available on the west side of BBNP when I get in, but this would be a great backup if there isn't anything available. I'll have plenty of beer and charcoal :trust:

This site is 2 adults, and can hold 2 back pack tents. I could ask for a larger site or you can reserve one next to site #3. If Loydinator replys that he is in, you could split the cost of that second site.

As for the bike, he said they aren't allowed at the camp sites but the parking lot is close and has had zero crime issues. Looks like the host may be located on site.

Is a 3 person backpacking tent small enough? Only one I have.

Robert, would it be possible to camp at your property Thurs - Sun? I'll check if there's spots available on the west side of BBNP when I get in, but this would be a great backup if there isn't anything available. I'll have plenty of beer and charcoal :trust:
Sure. We have the room. Only 5 miles north of the Motor Inn. I don't have them handy but Woodbutcher has the GPS coordinates. Robert

Unfortunately I won’t be able to go, my plans changed and I won’t have a car available to trailer my bike. Thanks for the help.

Unfortunately I won’t be able to go, my plans changed and I won’t have a car available to trailer my bike. Thanks for the help.

Call Uber

Back