• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

3/10 South of San Antone Dual Sport Riders

Saturday or Sunday

• Saturday

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sunday

Votes: 3 100.0%
  • Either

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
187 miles of muddy smiles today on the new husky. Plus we got to go visit JMZ who also wheelied down the road on my 701!
:flip:

306 round trip. Prize...1 last cold natural light in the frig. Good to ride with y'all and finally face to name David (mudslick) and Samuel (aspr)...

Those mud truck tire tracks were good experience today. Took all my balance to not f... up . Everyone rode well and got to find a couple more unpaved roads.

Kirk..., took the karnes city cutoff going home....pics to come

If anyone has suggestions for another route post it up!

Good day ride and good to meet and re meet folk. This could get popular. There’s still dirt roads down here to ride.

It’s funny how slick roads make you put new tires and wind screen in you check out basket lol. I think that Xr is spitting oil had some on my screen wen I got home

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s funny how slick roads make you put new tires and wind screen in you check out basket lol. I think that Xr is spitting oil had some on my screen wen I got home

It's possible, the miles it has are hard. I'll take a look at the spark arrestor and see what it looks like.

I need to figure out how to use basecamp, then I'll work on something to the south

Forgot to mention, wife put me to work as soon as I got home
05bc6af8eb649399e15088049aa577a0.jpg

I've been pleased, I have a brush blade for it and it can cut a copperhead no problem.

Just dropped mine of the rack and busted the fuel cap
66c2560e28aadc1cfa75a6166e12a9cf.jpg

$7 for two on amazon be here on Wednesday so if you need a spare cap I got one for $5 bucks lol

In an attempt to get more folks to ride with us, southtex twisted my arm into creating this thread lol.

You grabbed my interest. I realize this was yesterday but the gears are turning that I may be able to join one day if I'm available. I'm thinking that I'd load the bike and haul and it's close enough that it's a doable day trip. And the speeds are within the bike's ability too. With a 125cc don't have much top speed so little backroads will be it's home. But with it's size it is also been good for me cause I can physically handle the bike. I've ridden so little distance wise at a time that I've yet to figure out it's fuel range too. I've got to get that done and I'm still working up how to do that by myself in my downtime.

Anyways, just wanted to pop in. Would be good to meet more of you guys and go ride.

You grabbed my interest. I realize this was yesterday but the gears are turning that I may be able to join one day if I'm available. I'm thinking that I'd load the bike and haul and it's close enough that it's a doable day trip. And the speeds are within the bike's ability too. With a 125cc don't have much top speed so little backroads will be it's home. But with it's size it is also been good for me cause I can physically handle the bike. I've ridden so little distance wise at a time that I've yet to figure out it's fuel range too. I've got to get that done and I'm still working up how to do that by myself in my downtime.

Anyways, just wanted to pop in. Would be good to meet more of you guys and go ride.
Sweet.
I'll be working on a new route soon

I will keep an eye on this thread. If I am able, would really like to join you in a ride. We are in north San Antonio so the drive to you is minimal. My wife does not care for higheway riding so we would trailer to your location in the truck. I would like to get experience on my KLR650 and my wife is pretty comfortable on her XT250.

46033028551_9ef679a552_c.jpg
Garon, on Flickr

I will keep an eye on this thread. If I am able, would really like to join you in a ride. We are in north San Antonio so the drive to you is minimal. My wife does not care for higheway riding so we would trailer to your location in the truck. I would like to get experience on my KLR650 and my wife is pretty comfortable on her XT250.

View attachment 227193Garon, on Flickr
Awesome. I've got ample parking

Just a quick ride report that aspr can expound on.

So we already knew we were going to ride in some muddy conditions and we signed up anyways. Stromxtc said he would meet at my house and continue to aspr’s from there. I warned him to take his time as it was ridiculously foggy. He set his gps and was at my house by 09:06 on his faithful weestrom. We set out on basically single track mud roads towards aspr’s. (27miles) 10:05 we arrive and a bit tired but ready for the days ride.

Got to meet Mudslick and remeet jwaller and we were on the road. Apparently aspr had not gotten the rain I did and the roads were much better and easier to ride. I let aspr and Mudslick play it out in the front as they are both motocross guys and wayyy above me. By the way, Mudslick was on his klr and pretty much tailing aspr on his stopped down xrl... just saying.

All the props to stromxtc who was on the heaviest bike (weestrom) and had no problem keeping a good pace. Jwaller who was also on a klr did great considering his rear tire (Shinko 705)? Correct me if I’m wrong Jason.

A good lunch before we started parting ways and a quick fuel stop for my husky 701. Turned out I got 52mpg and did 85 miles on a 3.4 g tank so I was good with 1.4 g of gas... (happy moment).

A leg clenching slippery sloppy ride down 534 between Smiley and Nixon and we hit dry’r roads. Aspr stromxtc and myself pulled the throttle and made a nice pace back to Wilson Co.

We finally parted ways and I went home to spray off the layers of mud on my new bike. Two more rides like that and she’s ready for her first oil change.

First post has been updated for 3/10

Last edited:
Depending on the weekend, but Sunday is better for some because there are monthly scheduled rides for the San Antonio and Austin ADV groups on the first and third Saturdays. I would prefer to ride two days on a weekend than have to choose which ride I do on a weekend.

In response to the updated first post

pre rode most of the route on saturday. alittle more asphalt than I thought, but the asphalt that is there is fun and twisty. the gravel/dirt is good. there are some good switch backs.

Back