• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

The 2019 Craigslist Thread

1970 Honda Trail 90 - $600 (Lufkin Tx)
That's a deal.

I spent money on my bike, you should too. $6500.00 sheesh!

Last edited:
I sent money on my bike, you should too. $6500.00 sheesh!

Curious, what does a dual pipe RS4 exhaust like this cost?

I have about $10-12K in my DR-Z400SM, actual performance enhancing mods. It is still a 2006 DR-Z so worth not much more than $3.5k or so. If I wanted money for my aftermarket stuff I would have to sell it outright. But $6500.00 is way high. The carb is $800.00, the pipe probably $1k. A new 2018 MSRP was $7299. So I have a 3 model year old bike with $2k in mods that is priced at $800.00 below full retail for last year (approx. 90% of retail). KBB lists a 2016 at $5840.00 or $1900 less than a new 2018 (approx. 80% of retail). KBB also allows $300 for a carb and $135. Making the actual KBB price about So if the guy has paid $7k new plus $2k in mods, he is at $9k or so, all in.

So if we give him $5840 for the bike (KBB price) and 80% of retail for the $2k in parts I get $1600 so that sets it at best $6275 if you paid full retail. I think you can do better, you could buy an older SM buy the cams, exhaust, carb and brakes and still be near his price with a much better sorted machine.

I guess the best thing I can say is that I think it is way too high for that bike. I am just saying why I think so. If you disagree, that is ok, I ain't got no skin in it. I have paid less than he is asking (approx. 90% of what he is asking) for BOTH of my current DR-Zs. My SM has a big bore ($400), Carb ($800), cams ($300 unobtainium), front radial caliper ($350), completely revalved and lowered suspension ($1200 plus $250 for the new forks), Trail Tech Vapor ($130), $600 in head work, coil in cap mod ($60), small choke lever ($65), MRD exhaust $500, Seat concepts seat ($220), also has single cable fast turn throttle, Aprilia mirrors, big battery kit, free power mod, a little over 1500 miles since a complete rebuild (new piston, cylinder, crankshaft and ALL internal bearings), remote air screw, 3X3 mod, DRZ-400E ECU, DRC signal lights, aftermarket flasher, DRC tail light (smoke), a 2013 wiring harness to eliminate some electrical gremlins, QTMI front brake rotor. So all of this said, KBB would value retail at $3595. It would probably not sell for $6k as it is old and has lots of miles (I think over 10k). So realistically I don't think I could sell it for $6.8k as it seems to work from the above listed costs. If you look around most DR-Zs sell in the $3-4k range. We don't know how easy or hard the bike was spanked, what kind of maintenance was done, etc.

For me, I find the price a bit high (a lot), YMMV.

Sorry, probably too much coffee this morning....hee hee.

20171118_1954501.jpg

I have about $10-12K in my DR-Z400SM, actual performance enhancing mods. It is still a 2006 DR-Z so worth not much more than $3.5k or so. If I wanted money for my aftermarket stuff I would have to sell it outright. But $6500.00 is way high. The carb is $800.00, the pipe probably $1k. A new 2018 MSRP was $7299. So I have a 3 model year old bike with $2k in mods that is priced at $800.00 below full retail for last year (approx. 90% of retail). KBB lists a 2016 at $5840.00 or $1900 less than a new 2018 (approx. 80% of retail). KBB also allows $300 for a carb and $135. Making the actual KBB price about So if the guy has paid $7k new plus $2k in mods, he is at $9k or so, all in.

So if we give him $5840 for the bike (KBB price) and 80% of retail for the $2k in parts I get $1600 so that sets it at best $6275 if you paid full retail. I think you can do better, you could buy an older SM buy the cams, exhaust, carb and brakes and still be near his price with a much better sorted machine.

I guess the best thing I can say is that I think it is way too high for that bike. I am just saying why I think so. If you disagree, that is ok, I ain't got no skin in it. I have paid less than he is asking (approx. 90% of what he is asking) for BOTH of my current DR-Zs. My SM has a big bore ($400), Carb ($800), cams ($300 unobtainium), front radial caliper ($350), completely revalved and lowered suspension ($1200 plus $250 for the new forks), Trail Tech Vapor ($130), $600 in head work, coil in cap mod ($60), small choke lever ($65), MRD exhaust $500, Seat concepts seat ($220), also has single cable fast turn throttle, Aprilia mirrors, big battery kit, free power mod, a little over 1500 miles since a complete rebuild (new piston, cylinder, crankshaft and ALL internal bearings), remote air screw, 3X3 mod, DRZ-400E ECU, DRC signal lights, aftermarket flasher, DRC tail light (smoke), a 2013 wiring harness to eliminate some electrical gremlins, QTMI front brake rotor. So all of this said, KBB would value retail at $3595. It would probably not sell for $6k as it is old and has lots of miles (I think over 10k). So realistically I don't think I could sell it for $6.8k as it seems to work from the above listed costs. If you look around most DR-Zs sell in the $3-4k range. We don't know how easy or hard the bike was spanked, what kind of maintenance was done, etc.

For me, I find the price a bit high (a lot), YMMV.

Sorry, probably too much coffee this morning....hee hee.

View attachment 227347

Man...I’ve always kind of wanted a DRZ SM. If I ever get one I know who to talk to about mods!

from Craigslist......

This thing is great. It's fast, it screams, it's eligible for AHRMA enduro races. I got it street legal, so you can slam on out to trail, blast around, and ride it home. It's so fun. But I'm over it.

You know how sometimes you love a thing but it wants a little more love than you have? That's this, for me. If it were my only bike, or if my daily didn't also need regular tweaking and maintenance, I'd keep this forever. But all my repair time has to go to the one that gets me to work, so this guy ends up sitting out beautiful weekends when we'd both love to be crushing some dirt.

I had it out a few days ago, and, aside from a blown headlight, things were going great. I was taking it home on a highway (it's not the best for that, but it does okay) and it sputtered out. After a good looking-over I realized that it had vibed the air mix screw out of its carb. I should have assumed that might be it, because when I got it neither adjustment screw had a spring on it, and the idle screw fell out months ago (I've replaced it since). I bought a new air mix screw, and it came in today, and it's the wrong size. And that's it. I'm breaking up with this bike. I'm just too weak of a creature to keep working on it.

So here's where it's at right now:
It's rad.
The most fun bike.
Weighs less than I do (me, an average-sized guy).
Headlight is blown, but I have a new regulator that ought to keep that from ever happening again.
Tail light cover also fell off, so it needs a new one if you're gonna ride streets.
I'll give you the air mix screw I have but it's too big.
Street legal. Horn is on a battery that I haven't bothered charging in a long time, but it's easy to deal with.
The tires are basically brand new, less than a hundred miles on them.
Just did a carb cleaning and top end rebuild, all new gaskets and piston rings and whatnot.
Compression is great.

It won't kick over right now because with the aix mix screw missing it's not sending anything to the engine - just dumping fuel out the float bowl overflow. If you have a workaround you're welcome to ride it home. Otherwise, it goes into the back of a pickup pretty easy.

Oh, also, this isn't strictly a plus or minus but I gave it a goofy dirtbag rattlecan paint job and it's starting to flake off the tank, but I think it's pretty appropriate for the aesthetics.

I'm saying $1400, but I'm willing to hear reasonable offers, and I'm down to look at trades.

Attachments

• IMG_0541.JPG
    IMG_0541.JPG
    70 KB · Views: 2,010
from Craigslist......

This thing is great. It's fast, it screams, it's eligible for AHRMA enduro races. I got it street legal, so you can slam on out to trail, blast around, and ride it home. It's so fun. But I'm over it.

You know how sometimes you love a thing but it wants a little more love than you have? That's this, for me. If it were my only bike, or if my daily didn't also need regular tweaking and maintenance, I'd keep this forever. But all my repair time has to go to the one that gets me to work, so this guy ends up sitting out beautiful weekends when we'd both love to be crushing some dirt.

I had it out a few days ago, and, aside from a blown headlight, things were going great. I was taking it home on a highway (it's not the best for that, but it does okay) and it sputtered out. After a good looking-over I realized that it had vibed the air mix screw out of its carb. I should have assumed that might be it, because when I got it neither adjustment screw had a spring on it, and the idle screw fell out months ago (I've replaced it since). I bought a new air mix screw, and it came in today, and it's the wrong size. And that's it. I'm breaking up with this bike. I'm just too weak of a creature to keep working on it.

So here's where it's at right now:
It's rad.
The most fun bike.
Weighs less than I do (me, an average-sized guy).
Headlight is blown, but I have a new regulator that ought to keep that from ever happening again.
Tail light cover also fell off, so it needs a new one if you're gonna ride streets.
I'll give you the air mix screw I have but it's too big.
Street legal. Horn is on a battery that I haven't bothered charging in a long time, but it's easy to deal with.
The tires are basically brand new, less than a hundred miles on them.
Just did a carb cleaning and top end rebuild, all new gaskets and piston rings and whatnot.
Compression is great.

It won't kick over right now because with the aix mix screw missing it's not sending anything to the engine - just dumping fuel out the float bowl overflow. If you have a workaround you're welcome to ride it home. Otherwise, it goes into the back of a pickup pretty easy.

Oh, also, this isn't strictly a plus or minus but I gave it a goofy dirtbag rattlecan paint job and it's starting to flake off the tank, but I think it's pretty appropriate for the aesthetics.

I'm saying $1400, but I'm willing to hear reasonable offers, and I'm down to look at trades.

I might give $400 for it.

Best two stroke? They were good bikes... I like this custom exhaust.

Attachments

• IMG_0563.JPG
    IMG_0563.JPG
    181.3 KB · Views: 296

Honda CL350 Scrambler K5 - $3000 (Alexandria)

Small project here? No parts missing.... ummmm?

Attachments

• IMG_0571.JPG
    IMG_0571.JPG
    84 KB · Views: 221
Back