• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Tapatalk errors: can't see full sized attachments and sometimes cannot post new threads

Tourmeister

Keeper of the Asylum
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Friday
So I am getting LOADS of errors on the server right now that appear to be related to Tapatalk. I am going to disable the plugin to see if that stops the errors. Hopefully, this will just be a temporary thing because I know so many of you love TT.

Okay, so I have it reinstalled for now...

It was causing all kinds of strange errors on the back end. I totally uninstalled it. Then I totally removed ALL related files from the server. I went to their site and re downloaded the plugin. Then I reinstalled it from scratch. I've not been seeing any errors since then. So hopefully that has fixed everything.

It's back now but most photos are not displaying. Even photos from years ago. Instead of photo a different looking link appears. Clicking on link doesn't show photo. Attaching a screenshot of it here to see if it displays.

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
So after posting I cannot see the photo I attached. Only a non clickable link.

Yeah, it is doing that to me as well, for ALL threads with attachments.

Yesterday I installed the most recent version of their plugin... It appears to have issues.

I have fired off an email to their tech support with links to a post with images so they can see what it happening. Nothing to do now but wait for them to reply because I have no way to trouble shoot it :shrug:

Funny thing, check out above thread. Photos inserted into text body all have errors. But the photos at end of the post all display fine. Lots of each kind. Were they done via a different method or source? Might help in troubleshooting.

Funny thing, check out above thread. Photos inserted into text body all have errors. But the photos at end of the post all display fine. Lots of each kind. Were they done via a different method or source? Might help in troubleshooting.

So that is very strange.

The first image in that thread is a full size inline attachment.

The remaining images are all thumbnail inline size attachments, but they are NOT displaying inline. Instead, they are being listed at the end of the thread all at once as attachments.

So it seems that TT won't display a full size attachment at all, and will only display thumbnails, but only at the bottom of post! :doh:

Even more crazy is that if I edit the post while in TT, it shows the attachments as being inline as they should be, but still displays them all at the end of the post :shrug:

Testing by uploading via tt

42dc1179ce263705824103b2d7855fbe.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I see it on my desktop.

Don't see a thing in TapaTalk :shrug:

Just so everyone knows, I have sent the support an email about this, No reply yet.

I have posted in their tech support forums as well. No reply yet.

I realize it is incredibly annoying that it is not working, but it is totally out of my hands, which is also incredibly annoying... :argh:

I'll post up something here as soon as I hear from them (assuming they ever get around to responding...).

Trying a reinstall to see if that will help...

test

Attachments

• DSC05176.JPG
    DSC05176.JPG
    95.9 KB · Views: 138
I see your last photo in TT but I think you used a different method as it has a file name on it. But asspr's and mine are still dead links. I can also see photo from asspr's dead link in TT preview pane of threads. But once I open the thread it's back to a dead link only.

Seems like the newest TT plugin you installed is not correct for the updated forum software. TT worked fine with old software and worked fine with updated software. It was only after your database restore, software update and then new TT version that this immediately happened. Incompatibility or selection issue. Can you install prior TT plugin version for time being?

Not seeing this issue on any other forums using the same software. If it is a compatibility issue they will be experiencing it soon enough when they upgrade. The bigger forums might have more clout to push issue resolution and then you can follow their path to resolve.

I see your last photo in TT but I think you used a different method as it has a file name on it. But asspr's and mine are still dead links. I can also see photo from asspr's dead link in TT preview pane of threads. But once I open the thread it's back to a dead link only.

The image in my post above is a basic thumbnail attachment that gets listed at the end of the post. TT seems to see those without any problem. What it does not seem to be able to see is the inline attachments, regardless of being a thumbnail or full size. These are where the images appear in the body of the posts instead of all at the end.

Seems like the newest TT plugin you installed is not correct for the updated forum software. TT worked fine with old software and worked fine with updated software. It was only after your database restore, software update and then new TT version that this immediately happened. Incompatibility or selection issue. Can you install prior TT plugin version for time being?

Not seeing this issue on any other forums using the same software. If it is a compatibility issue they will be experiencing it soon enough when they upgrade. The bigger forums might have more clout to push issue resolution and then you can follow their path to resolve.

The crazy thing is that I am running the exact same version of XF and the TT plugin that was working fine before. It was only AFTER I started seeing the errors from those same versions that I went to see if there was a new version of TT, which there was not. However, I went ahead and downloaded it again just in case... I then reinstalled from the new file, which is still the same version of the plugin. No joy.

I finally got an email back from TT. They are "looking into it" and will get back to me...

The image in my post above is a basic thumbnail attachment that gets listed at the end of the post. TT seems to see those without any problem. What it does not seem to be able to see is the inline attachments, regardless of being a thumbnail or full size. These are where the images appear in the body of the posts instead of all at the end...

Actually my photo (and I think asspr's) was not an inline attachment. It was a TT one click photo attachment which always displays them at the end of all text regardless of how many you attach.

Just clarify the above in hopes it might save you some time resolving.

Aspr's was an inline full size attachment. I edited the post to check it.

Yours was as well. Here's the code from your post: [ATTACH type="full" alt="227632"]227632[/ATTACH]

Aspr's was an inline full size attachment. I edited the post to check it.

Yours was as well. Here's the code from your post: [ATTACH type="full" alt="227632"]227632[/ATTACH]
Well maybe a terminology difference then. Inline to me is a photo link inserted inside the text body of post. Like a RR, text paragraph then a photo and repeated.

My photo was an attachment using TT one click icon, no link was copied or pasted. No option for inserting into the text paragraph using this method.

Point I was trying to make is there are many different ways to ad or insert photos. Some are working and some are not. Understanding which do work and which don't could be key to pinpointing issue.

We are using the same terminology :thumb:

I went back and checked your post above where you attached the image showing the weird links. That image WAS inserted as an inline image, regardless of how you may have tried to insert it. I cannot explain why, I just know what it is. :shrug:

Basically, at this point, all I can do is wait on the TT people to see if they come up with something.

Looks like Tapatalk is displaying photos properly again now. Just curious Scott, what was the problem? Tapatalk did the troubleshooting for you?

It is working better than it was, but still not quite correctly. I have no idea what, if anything, they may have done. There has been no communication since their original, "We'll get back to you," response :shrug:

Back