• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Adventure Rider Breakfast Series - Saturday 2/16/19 @ 9a Lost Maples Cafe - TARA/SA

I had the pleasure of riding with Craig from Texas and his son Jeremy. Here are some pics of Craig, including one after crossing Pulliam Creek.

16831892-5D1C-4299-B0A2-314A3D52A17D.jpeg

71B22AA3-825F-42D8-A354-E4147748E553.jpeg

I have a question about the route. after we came off Hackberry rd, on to 335, did yall go thru the gates to get on to Ranch Rd 2631? The gate where the route said turn had a keypad, and the other one further north was just clipped. we didn't go thru the gate. and probably would have run out of daylight if we had. But I was just wondering if anyone road that section. We did 335 back to Barksdale and 337 to Lower Sabinal back toward Utopia.
We were whopped when we got back, and had a great time. Thanks for putting it together.
Jim

Jim,

This was the first time I used Google Maps to build a route and I missed at least two instances where the route shortcut-ted across private roads.

It should have been 335 to 2631 to (Bullhead) 3235 to 336.

I have a question about the route. after we came off Hackberry rd, on to 335, did yall go thru the gates to get on to Ranch Rd 2631? The gate where the route said turn had a keypad, and the other one further north was just clipped. we didn't go thru the gate. and probably would have run out of daylight if we had. But I was just wondering if anyone road that section. We did 335 back to Barksdale and 337 to Lower Sabinal back toward Utopia.
We were whopped when we got back, and had a great time. Thanks for putting it together.
Jim
We did the route today (what a great route) had the same experience after Hackberry Rd. We saw the gate with the key pad (had a soccer mom car pulling out of it when we were waiting there). We tracked back and forth for a mile or so on each side looking for a way in, but no luck. We headed towards campwood and headed home. Would love to know how that connect. Next time we are going to to that part reversed (the loop to and from Leakey), hopefully we will be able to figure it out going the other direction.

Jim,

This was the first time I used Google Maps to build a route and I missed at least two instances where the route shortcut-ted across private roads.

It should have been 335 to 2631 to (Bullhead) 3235 to 336.
Got it, can't wait to update the route and re run it.

Gerald,

You must have already downloaded and used the original posted GPX, the revised GPX I PMed you on Saturday night hasn't been downloaded.

When I checked Google Maps after the ride I noticed several several instances where the program stayed on or jumped to a road with the right name, but was the wrong road. When something like that happens, zoom out on your GPS to see if the known public road your on hits the route again and pick there. That's what my group did.

Gerald,

You must have already downloaded and used the original posted GPX, the revised GPX I PMed you on Saturday night hasn't been downloaded.

View attachment 228026

View attachment 228027

When I checked Google Maps after the ride I noticed several several instances where the program stayed on or jumped to a road with the right name, but was the wrong road. When something like that happens, zoom out on your GPS to see if the known public road your on hits the route again and pick there. That's what my group did.

Oh snap! Someone else had also sent it to me, so i just used the first on i got. I have downloaded the new one now. Thanks for clearing that up.

Sander, curious, I couldn’t make the ride but would like to download your gpx to cruise another day, but cannot find the file. Each link appears to only be a jpg. Would you mind pointing me to the correct location? Yours and others countless hours spent preparing these tracks is greatly appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gerald,

View attachment 228026

View attachment 228027

We looked for a few minutes, took a vote and decided our rear ends were telling us head for the barn.
One buddy was 12 weeks out of major wrist surgery,... Lots of clutch control on all the water crossings. I know he had to be gassed as well.
Thanks again for putting it together.
Jim

Had a good day of riding with Craig (cz47racer) and my son Jeremy. Thanks Craig for leading!.

Jeremy and I left Utopia just a minute or so behind Sander's group expecting to re-join at the big gas station coming into Leaky but didn't see anyone there. Just curious did ya'll gas up later somewhere else? At the gas station we found Craig and the three of us rode on from there.

Had a good day of riding with Craig (cz47racer) and my son Jeremy. Thanks Craig for leading!.

Jeremy and I left Utopia just a minute or so behind Sander's group expecting to re-join at the big gas station coming into Leaky but didn't see anyone there. Just curious did ya'll gas up later somewhere else? At the gas station we found Craig and the three of us rode on from there.
We didn't stop in leaky

Sander...Visited my bike in my garage ( notice I didn't say ”rode” ) and noticed that plug is still holding. Could have made it the entire way. I did find plug patches at NAPA as mike suggested. Just to find time to work on it. Break in weather now but supposed to close in next week. Think the weekend will be ride able. Saw your Mason thread for next month, will probably go.

I had to stop for a nature break at the Frio crossing just south of Leakey. We did a gas check there, since no one needed gas we we kept rolling. We didn't stop for gas until Rocksprings. We lost more than an hour due to the locked up Husky.

Back