• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Strom A Thon VI Supa Ten III.. Equal Seekual March 28-31 2019 Tx Hill Country

I jus got off the phone with Bob Kee of Destination Cycles in Kerrville.
They are goin ta provide us with a nice Saturday mornin breakfast 8AM at the dealership on Loop 534 across from the School.
There will be tacos donuts coffee n juice to choose from so we wont be all hungry hedded out for our rides.
BIG THANX TO BOB & HIS CREW FOR THIS!

We would prob be wise to have our various ride groups separated out before heddn over there....& each group can then leave directly from the dealership
Or not.....jus sayin it might make for quiker ride start times

Last edited:
I’ll be looking for a group. Honestly, I would like to ride the sisters (never done it), but can be definitely lured by other routes.

Did Willow Loop this past weekend with extreme fog and that was fun.

26724f60a9b8b5b28e26733e15c8772e.jpg

No T Shirts or Stickers for yall this year....

....but I guess you could print this page on some peel n stick paper if ya want

Last edited:
For those in the know, when would be the right time to ride the sisters on this trip? Friday morning?

Friday morning should be fine. The rolling roadblock groups are not typically early risers and most form on the weekend. Even on the weekend, if you can be riding them by 8 and finish by noon, you'll have pretty good results.

On a Friday morning...you'd probably have the road mostly to yourself.

I'm going down there this weekend for a spring break family ride. We'll be riding in the area Saturday through Monday. I'll probably wait until Monday to ride the Sisters...but we'll see.

I was going to call and reserve another but does anyone have a tent site reserved at Schreiners already that they want to share? They say you can put 4 vehicles and up to 8 people per site.

Need space for 2 bikes / riders. Me and GLFlyer. (although Flyer is still TBD) Don't need water or electric but ok if it's there. Will be throwing up a hammock so trees are needed. Happy to share in the space cost with you.

I'm pretty sure I could just show up and find someone and honestly it may be required since I'll need trees....but I guess I'm too much of a planner for that.

Here are a couple of good sources for roads in the area....
First is a local Kerrville area/Kerr County map. I've highlighted some of the good paved county roads whether they are dead ends or loops that go thru to main roads
This free map can be found at many places around town...motels..convenience stores..& prob at Schreiner too.
4a18685613a34943e572b01f75e43b92.jpg

54f8171d99223146f759bdc7061e75ea.jpg

Next are a couple of pages from the newly released Benchmark Texas Road & Recreation Atlas. This is very similar to the Mapsco Roads of Texas Atlas but seems to have more current road info...jus not as large scale
44b9c9a07a97efd10b7cd66e5e427ca3.jpg
486e5408a935297c69663ff79273fd80.jpg

Last edited:
I was going to call and reserve another but does anyone have a tent site reserved at Schreiners already that they want to share? They say you can put 4 vehicles and up to 8 people per site.

Need space for 2 bikes / riders. Me and GLFlyer. (although Flyer is still TBD) Don't need water or electric but ok if it's there. Will be throwing up a hammock so trees are needed. Happy to share in the space cost with you.

I'm pretty sure I could just show up and find someone and honestly it may be required since I'll need trees....but I guess I'm too much of a planner for that.

Yep - I do. So far, it's me and I think TX-northstar is going to slap a tent down somewhere. I can't remember the site number off-hand. Dig back a page or two. Or I'll get around to remembering it eventually :-P

Yep - I do. So far, it's me and I think TX-northstar is going to slap a tent down somewhere. I can't remember the site number off-hand. Dig back a page or two. Or I'll get around to remembering it eventually :-P

I guess it's about time I actually made it to Stromathon so count me in. I've got a site at Fawn Hideaway and the roolz say it can hold 8 bodies so holla if you want to share a chunk of dirt. The fine print says 2 vehicles per site or there will be excess fees. Anyhoo, #52 from 3/28-31 is good to go.

Looks like #52 is a bit limited on trees Dave, but... there are a few. Spot 50 would be more ideal... but, I think you can make it work at 52. Especially if I don't show up with another hammock to deal with. ;)

Looks like #52 is a bit limited on trees Dave, but... there are a few. Spot 50 would be more ideal... but, I think you can make it work at 52. Especially if I don't show up with another hammock to deal with. ;)

View attachment 229439
View attachment 229440
I'll probably own a hammock stand by then anyway. Kevin almost has me convinced it's worth the $300 to not ever have to worry about needing trees.

should be lots of MC traffic out on the three sisters for this event, the Thunder in the Hill Country event in Bandera is the same dates.

should be lots of MC traffic out on the three sisters for this event, the Thunder in the Hill Country event in Bandera is the same dates.
Oh no, the bars will be packed. So will be roads, with slow moving cruisers. Probably will be a heightened police presence on those roads too.

Seems like those Thunder rallies occur about every other weekend thru the summer. Nevertheless, as was noted earlier, ride early in the day, and/or ride the sisters counterclockwise and you should have clear sailing.

Looks like you are site 52. I'll plan on joining you. Happy to share the site costs as well.

I ordered a hammock stand, trees still good in case GLFlyer shows though. He won't know until we get closer.

Looks like you are site 52. I'll plan on joining you. Happy to share the site costs as well.

I ordered a hammock stand, trees still good in case GLFlyer shows though. He won't know until we get closer.
Welcome aboard, sir! I looked at more of 'the rules' and they have a $5 charge for excess vehicles but I don't know what that means in practical terms. We'll find out!

Looks like they are going to start in Bandera on Saturday morning and follow this route:

THCPokerRunMap2019-768x537.jpg

Looks like they are going counter clockwise? No Sisters on Saturday, I guess.

Because then youre meeting endless traffic in tight blind corners.....
Not my idea of a fun ride...whether its spirited...or sightseeing
I would ride The Sisters either Wed-Thurs ..or Sun-Mon instead

& trafficky conditions wont be confined to just those roads... Many other fun roads in the area will see elevated traffic levels over the weekend

Last edited:
Back