• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Strom A Thon VI Supa Ten III.. Equal Seekual March 28-31 2019 Tx Hill Country

From 2WheelNut.....

[Rode the 3 Sisters on Sunday. Nice ride but there's a fair amount of construction on 335 including a 300 yard section of loose / rough gravel that happens to be at the bottom of a hill and right after a slight turn if you are going northbound. It honestly surprised me a bit. The bike handled fine, but it was a bit surprising and I thought I'd share.

There were a lot of other areas with fresh patching / gravel on the road. In general, I'd rate the road condition on 335 as fair. It's still well worth the ride and I'd recommend it but just know that you might come across a bit of gravel in the corners and that one 300 yard section and it would be best to ride it a bit more conservative than normal. 336 and 337 seemed pretty normal except for that big dip on the cattle guard on 336 that will bottom out most street bikes with stock suspension if you don't slow down to the recommended 45.]

Take heed all ye olde Sisters Slayers
We dont need no crashes

A bit more detail. The big gravel section on 335 is within the first few miles after turn off of 55 out of Camp Wood going Northbound.

The big dip in the cattle guard is probably about 5 miles before 336 hits 83 when going Southbound and likely about 7 miles North of Leakey. I rode the loop clockwise so the cattle guard was towards the end of my ride on 336. I think that section is about 20 miles so probably about 15 miles in from the North. It's not on a curve so it's just the bump that you have to watch for. Unfortunately.....it's easy to ignore the 45 mph warning since it's a straightaway and it's like the 10th cattle guard you've come to with a 45 mph warning and all the other ones were pretty smooth and could be taken at 55. In fact...the one I'm mentioning here probably should be taken at 35 or so. I hit it at 55 with good aftermarket suspension and it still almost bottomed out.

Last edited:
Looks like you are site 52. I'll plan on joining you. Happy to share the site costs as well.

I ordered a hammock stand, trees still good in case GLFlyer shows though. He won't know until we get closer.

2WheelNut, if GLFlyer gives you notice that he's not coming, please tell me. I'll cancel my spot and camp at 52.

Hey folks, if any are planning an early arrival and feel like getting dirty...
I'll be leading a ride on Thursday headed toward the southwest of Kville and then another on Friday headed north toward Junction. Both rides will be dirt oriented with Friday's route including the James river among several others. We'll try to limit pavement to a minimum. All are welcome to join in.

I'll be leading a ride on Thursday headed toward the southwest of Kville and then another on Friday headed north toward Junction. Both rides will be dirt oriented with Friday's route including the James river among several others. We'll try to limit pavement to a minimum. All are welcome to join in.

i might be in for both of these

Gotcha listed as a ride leader Thur & Fri
i might be in for both of these
& youre on his ride list

Im in for dirt on Friday. I would like to make Thursday dirt but probably arriving too late1-2 pm

There are about 9 or 10 of yall that havent stated where you are stayin.....whether its a motel...RV..or campin

Or...I dont have the list shown correctly
...please check & update your info if so

There are about 9 or 10 of yall that havent stated where you are stayin.....whether its a motel...RV..or campin

Or...I dont have the list shown correctly
...please check & update your info if so

GrandeLatte is staying with BigBird and GRSA at a mini-cabin in Schreiner Park.

should be lots of MC traffic out on the three sisters for this event, the Thunder in the Hill Country event in Bandera is the same dates.

Hey vec, you still interested in that IMS? Looks like I might be at the Rivers Inn 28th-29th. I could bring it with me if you like.

Sorry Rod , perhaps I led you believe I was coming by partcitating in the thread. (Saw I was on the list) I'm going on Sanders 2 day ride this weekend and going to the Torcs enduro next weekend. The banter is too much fun not to participate. Y'all have fun. That dealership is where I got my strom. That will be fun messing around there for breakfast. Seems like it's going to be a big one this year too.

I will not know if I can go until (literally) the very last minute. Would it be foolish to think I could find a place to camp without advance reservations?

Sorry Rod , perhaps I led you believe I was coming by partcitating in the thread. (Saw I was on the list) I'm going on Sanders 2 day ride this weekend and going to the Torcs enduro next weekend. The banter is too much fun not to participate. Y'all have fun. That dealership is where I got my strom. That will be fun messing around there for breakfast. Seems like it's going to be a big one this year too.
Sounds like you'll get some good ridin in...thanx for lettn me kno

LUNCH!!! Where we gonna eat??
I'll tell ya where......
TOMMY'S MESQUITE FLAMED PIZZA in Llano
Some really tasty pies......outdoor casual

&........ I jus spoke with Tommy.... He may alter his hours from Fri & Sat currently...to Thurs-Sat...or Sun....if the weather cooperates (it is outside seating ya kno)

Mention my name & get a $2 discount on your pizza! (my sticker is on the door)

LUNCH!!! Where we gonna eat??
I'll tell ya where......
TOMMY'S MESQUITE FLAMED PIZZA in Llano
Some really tasty pies......outdoor casual

&........ I jus spoke with Tommy.... He may alter his hours from Fri & Sat currently...to Thurs-Sat...or Sun....if the weather cooperates (it is outside seating ya kno)

Mention my name & get a $2 discount on your pizza! (my sticker is on the door)

Yum! He's got some good pizza, and its BYOB. Even better with $2 off.

I'll be leaving from my house (Benbrook-Whisky Flats area) on Friday morning at about 8:30am. Will be riding the smaller roads at a reasonable pace. Anyone want to tag along is welcome. PM me and we can discuss and I'll let you know the secret bat cave address.

I will not know if I can go until (literally) the very last minute. Would it be foolish to think I could find a place to camp without advance reservations?
I am at the KOA journey and would find room if needed.

Back