• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

DAL/FTW: Moved - Camping Trip now April 5-7

Yep it will be nice and cool, but winds are ok and no rain!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks for that and any other advice you have.

Do not use an air mattress. Get an air pad that is insulated,

Thermorest or klymit are the best. But for $29 you can’t go wrong with this one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

update: might be too cold in panhandle so Aaron has another history tour planned heading south...stay tuned

Aaron is searching the history books for a good tour....

I am good for either direction, the high Saturday is going to be 54 in panhandle and low will be 32 in Quanah, but it is a "dry" cold LOL

we are still planning on panhandle tour unless Aaron posts something different!

Uh, your the Chief, I’m just a regular Indian.

Forecast is showing lows below freezing up there. I ain’t hip to that. So we may have to re-schedule the going north part.

Just casually looking at more southern locales doesn’t show it much warmer. SW to San Angelo shows a low right at freezin. Austin in the low 40s.

Looks like the whole state has a cold from comin Thurs night / Friday.

I’m open to ideas.

I’d say we could camp at my place Friday & Saturday night & ride local roads, but it’ll be cold, highs in the mid 50s / lows around freezing.

So maybe best to postpone altogether a bit.

Forecast is showing lows below freezing up there. I ain’t hip to that. So we may have to re-schedule the going north part.

Just casually looking at more southern locales doesn’t show it much warmer. SW to San Angelo shows a low right at freezin. Austin in the low 40s.

I’m open to ideas.

I’d say we could camp at my place Friday & Saturday night & ride local roads, but it’ll be cold, highs in the mid 50s / lows around freezing.

I am good with moving the date. Not a lot of fun if you are cold all weekend.

My BRRR allergy has kicked in hard this past year. Plus I just got an email work torpedo that has hit and sunk Friday. Wherever you wander, wander well (and hopefully warmish)!

Just back from BBNP, I am pretty tired out now. I am gonna take this weekend to rest up as I have the CMA"s Roads and Trails rally in Marble Falls at the Hidden Falls Adventure Park, last weekend of March. I need some rest, been away from home for 12 days. Sorry for backing out.

I’m open to ideas.

I like the idea of local roads, I actually need to explore them myself haha

Aaron, Fort Worth HD is having some sort of grand reopening this weekend after renovating the showroom for the last 18 months or so. Since it too cold to camp, you could always plan on going to that. I know you’ve been wanting one of their fine bikes. 😂

Aaron, Fort Worth HD is having some sort of grand reopening this weekend after renovating the showroom for the last 18 months or so. Since it too cold to camp, you could always plan on going to that. I know you’ve been wanting one of their fine bikes. 😂

I see that pirates are just as slow at remodeling as they are riding down the road.

Back