• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

mar-13-2019-11-52-39-1552492372.gif

I think he gets one free with his dealership punch card. 5 bike purchases and you get a free GoPro.

I wonder if they do "Two for Tuesday" where you get two punches on your card with every purchase?

I'll tell you what. That things sound like a blast. It's fun just reading. You should make some videos sometime on it and post them.

I got a camera off Ebay for $42. I made one video with it mounted on the handlebars, but it was too shaky.

I meant to try out the chest strap mount today, but got 5 miles down the road and realized I had forgotten it.

I'm planning on taking it out during the next ride and record some hooliganery.
I have found a helmet mount works the best for me. I dont have a good chest mount though so that may work to. The chest mount could be fun to see the controls as well.

I know I'm still in the honeymoon phase and all, but at 445 miles in on this Zero FX, its the most fun bike I've ever ridden.

My other bikes are gathering dust a bit as I'm finding it hard not to ride the FX given the option. It's a blast to ride around town on and its a blast to take it out on dirt roads. Literally makes me laugh out loud in my helmet frequently. Any time I can come up with a reason to go burn some time on it, I'm gone. Its nice that its "filled up" and ready to with no warm up, every time. Just flip the switch and wheelie away.

The torque is addictive, I can't stay out of it. Lifting the front wheel all the time, spinning the back way too much. I can go hooligan around and not wake up the neighbors. I have to remember to dial the torque back from Sport to Eco mode when I get off pavement otherwise the rear wheel is all over the place. I guess more aggressive tires would help that.

Getting off the FX and onto one of the gas bikes is a bit of a letdown at this point. Yes, they are ultimately faster, but that instant torque is sorely missed immediately. Not to mention my gas bikes feel unnecessarily big, heavy, sluggish, loud, shaky and cumbersome by comparison now. I rode my daughter's NC700X today just to get it out of the garage and that 671cc engine feels like it takes a year to get to 70 compared to the FX. And this is the lowest torque model that Zero produces.

The only downside to it is range. 45-60 miles of fun (depending on your speeds/throttle action) and its done for the next 10 hours of charge time. That is unless I buy a quick charger, then it can be ready again in an hour or so. Just not worth the investment to me at this point.
And there lies the problem. At 45 to 60 miles I am not even settled in to the seat yet let alone ready to have my ride done for the day.

And there lies the problem. At 45 to 60 miles I am not even settled in to the seat yet let alone ready to have my ride done for the day.
But....you probably don't ride every day either.

I can see a spot for a bike like this to go on a quick ride after work just because. I used to do that on my Grom or my R1. A quick 2 wheel fix after a day of work is nice.

It doesn't replace longer rides, just adds to them

It could be a good commuter maybe. I understand and like the upsides of an electric, but I think I'm limited with my Tenere's 200 mile range with quick refills. I like the ability to go and know I have enough juice to get back home or to a hotel for sure. My truck has a 36 gallon tank with almost 600 miles of range. I kinda like that.

Ha! I'm looking forward to Rich's response to that.

Last edited:

I can see a spot for a bike like this to go on a quick ride after work just because. I used to do that on my Grom or my R1. A quick 2 wheel fix after a day of work is nice.

It doesn't replace longer rides, just adds to them
Well, I do ride every day, and have a 72 H2, and 76 Water Buffalo for after work fixes.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

Well, I do ride every day, and have a 72 H2, and 76 Water Buffalo for after work fixes.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk
Ahh...well then yeah. Probably wouldn't work for you. Glad you get to ride that much. Me....I work from home so don't really need to leave the house. I suppose I could ride every day....but I don't. Not even close.

One of my anti electric bikes, last night at Friday Night Ice Cream Bikes.
b3249dde2664c6ca03fbc37fcb38fc8a.jpg

It could be a good commuter maybe. I understand and like the upsides of an electric, but I think I'm limited with my Tenere's 200 mile range with quick refills. I like the ability to go and know I have enough juice to get back home or to a hotel for sure. My truck has a 36 gallon tank with almost 600 miles of range. I kinda like that.

Ha! I'm looking forward to Rich's response to that.
Attention all states of North America. Fossil fuels will no longer be sold in 3..2..1..

We have assumed control, we have assumed control.

:lol2: very good southtex

That pic was begging for a smart alec remark, but I'm satisfied .

I was thinking of some way to pay for that bike by tow strapping his bike buddys up those hills, kind of like a locomotive :-P

Back