• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

harbor freight motorcycle lift

Reaction score
big red motorcycle lift from Harbor freight. has the drop down rear for wheel service.
hundred and twenty five bucks
call for pictures 210 213-3118
in Helotes Texas
SOLD

Last edited:
I never knew they had one that had a drop down rear? Any links to it from Harbor freight?

I’ll take it if the first two posters don’t want it.

Not interested, but just checking to help from a safety perspective. Also I wasn't trying to be a prick or anything by pointing this out, so hopefully no one gets their feathers ruffled, but I just want to make sure we can all be safe and continue playing with our toys for a long time. The access panel is actually used to access the hydraulic cylinder for repair and maintenance. I guess you could use it for accessing the rear tire but the lift doesn't have any separate way to lift just the rear of the bike, so unless you have a center stand or separate jack that is the only way it could be used for that, but if you have both of those then you already kind of have a way to access the rear wheel and tire without opening the panel.

Also, when you use this stand if you have a bike on a front wheel and center stand or center jack, it shifts the weight forward a lot, so when you are rolling the bike on the stand if you do not have the thing balanced well and have the stationary adjusters down solid it can tip the back of the stand up (depending on the weight of the bike). Once you lift the bike up it will become more stable because the work platform slides backwards as it goes up but just a warning for anyone who has an already heavy bike and then thinks of putting it on a stand and having the rear wheel up. OK safety nerd dismissed.

South Tex, Have at it!!! It's a good unit at what looks to be a great price, just always leave the safety bar in it.

I have mine coupled with a Condor front wheel chock and it allows me to ride or roll most bikes up and walk away without having to put the kickstand down or use straps.

Also ignoring my own safety info (or rather, using it to my advantage), when the back is light, it makes it very easy to spin the lift if you have a bike on it and want to move it into a better working position. I set mine up in the shop so that I can load a bike, lift the rear of the stand and spin it 90 degrees, and then put the safety feet down, and then the rest of the herd can be parked in the garage perpendicular to whatever I have on the lift and I can work around it or on any of the other bikes without having to move stuff around too much.

Life gets complicated when you have 5 bikes in a 2 car garage and have to work on other stuff too, lol

Thanks for the info rpcraft. It will probly get bolted to the floor so we should be safe. Thank you Pat, it should be picked up and paid for tomorrow.

No need to bolt it, just situational awareness is all that is needed.

I have mine coupled with a Condor front wheel chock and it allows me to ride or roll most bikes up and walk away without having to put the kickstand down or use straps.

I have Condors on my lift and two on a trailer.
I'd never walk away and without strapping a bike down.

Safety nerd card revoked!

Duly noted. Can I get a pic of this Condor wheel chock? I’m in the process of building a bike trailer and need some ideas

No sens strapping down a bike if you are tearing it apart and taking the wheels off I say

The trailer only version ... they make a free-standing version as well..

The stop and cradle are pinned in place so that they can be easily removed and the space can be used for something other than bikes.
I remove the stop and cradle on the lift and my truck can clear the lift, like when I use my automotive lift.

Attachments

• 20190315_144757.jpg
    20190315_144757.jpg
    222.8 KB · Views: 325
  • 20190315_144819.jpg
    20190315_144819.jpg
    147.1 KB · Views: 192
  • 20190315_144955.jpg
    20190315_144955.jpg
    344.9 KB · Views: 201
In the link, I just noticed the Harley on a lift using a condor chock.
No straps and no stabilization foot on the lift.
That is just nuts ... asking for someone or something to get hurt.

I have the trailer only chock and I just have a piece of 1 inch velcro that I wrap around it and the wheel if all I am doing is servicing the bike and stuff, just to keep it from rolling or anything weird. I also put the bike up on a small service jack unless I am just doing an oil change or something similar The guy I bought mine from had a video on youtube where he had a gs1200 that he was riding on and stepping off of, like a parking space, also good video of how he mounted the condor. The way it mounted made the setup really front heavy, like as in guaranteed it will flip the back end up. Not a big deal as long as you are situation-ally aware, but I moved it back some so the center of gravity was further back. Also since the condor captures the wheel it wont roll off like it would with the stock HF chock setup. Once you have the safety feet down it won't tip at all. I've had designs on converting mine over to a air hydro cylinder and then making a parking pit for it, just because of how narrow it is but that will have to wait until I get a couple more bikes cleared out of the garage or for garage and house 2.0 more than likely. Next time I build a house and do the real deal garage it'll have a spot for about 2 or 3 lifts with that arrangement, that or a in ground bike elevator, plus other fun goodies for lifted trucks and stuff.

Here is the link of when Rostov had it before me in case anyone gets interested. It's super handy, especially if you have a ton of bikes crowding the garage because the lift just takes up a **** ton of space if you don't keep a bike on it.

For reference my heaviest bike is the DL-1000 and I dont usually leave it unstrapped. I would not ride anything on it that I can not flat foot, and usually all that gets parked on it is one of the Hawks. My heaviest Hawk is about 380 and the lightest one is just a touch under 320.

I just find it odd Robert - a self-annointed safety nerd - you are so flippant about safety straps on a lift.
Can't get my head around that.

Oh well ... carry on ...

I'm not really that flippant about it I've just found that the setup works well enough to not require strapping down a lot of the time. You seem to be familiar with the condor setup, and I doubt there are many as stable as that wheel chock. If you don't feel safe with it I understand that. Mine doesn't move at all though when it is in the wheel chock and I have the strap around the wheel. I'm not saying don't use straps on it, I am just saying I do not with the way it is currently setup. I didn't arrive at my conclusion without testing it a variety of ways though for what it is worth, and I never get on the thing when it is in the air so there is that.

I guess I misunderstood.

Yes I guess so, but hey at this point what's more to explain that a video from the previous owner doesn't already explain?

Have a good weekend Mitch! I'm sure somewhere down the line we'll find something to agree about (or disagree further about even), lol!!

:giveup:

So the Harbor Frieght m/c lift doesn’t come with a wheel vice? The Condor type chick could make removing the front wheel a challenge. I strap everything down myself. Especially after seeing an E Glide on a lift tip over. $5000 dollars later he got his bike back.

It comes with a wheel vice but it's just not very good and I think it's something most guys upgrade as soon as they can afford to As far as this lift goes I would not put a big Harley on it, maybe a sportster but I'm not certain how much they weight. I know HF advertises them as 1000 lb capacity but I think you'd be pushing your luck if you go over 600 to 700 pounds to be honest.

Alternatively HF sells a capture style wheel chock that is fairly simple and affordable, part # 69026 for around 35 bucks before a coupon is used. They also have a second one that looks a lot like the Condor trailer Chock but it has a little wider base on the front for around 60 bucks. it looks like you could attach it to the lift or use it on the ground or a trailer and has tie down points on it as well. Part # for that one is 97841. I think I'd go for that one if I had not already gotten the Condor with the lift.

My Harbor freight table handled my Tenere easily.

I found that the HF wheel chock #69026 and knobby tires didn't play well together. The knobs would catch in the top cross bar and lock the tire in place. I had to either air down the tire or jack up the motorcycle to get it to release.The 97841 model worked better for me.

Good info. I think I need a HF shopping trip. I’m thinking the heaviest bike that might go on it would be my Beemer GSA or ASPR’s old Beemer airhead.

My 650 Burgman weighs 630 lbs and my Harbor Freight table lift handles it with ease. Had mine for about 13 years now.

My 650 Burgman weighs 630 lbs and my Harbor Freight table lift handles it with ease. Had mine for about 13 years now.

I had no idea those things weight that much, wow!!

Back