• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

TORCS is coming again!

Races are Sat and Sun. #70 will be riding Sat in the O-65 class I think.
Irish is right, my class is on Saturday, unfortunately unless very lucky I will be working. last minute decision.

Last edited:
Should I race the 650l in open D?
Obviously I haven't ridden with you so don't know your ability. that said I have seen the 650's run before. And yes open D would be fine.

Obviously I haven't ridden with you so don't know your ability. that said I have seen the 650's run before. And yes open D would be fine.
I've got some thinking to do than.

One thing I need that I dont have yet is roll offs or tear offs. can you run tear offs in torcs? I've read the rulebook before but it's been awhile

Just do it, really. I ran on my Drz 400 before. No big deal, there are a lot of orange bikes but plenty of others as well. I didn’t have tear offs and was fine- wore out but fine. One kid even asked me if I rode my bike there- priceless. If your anxious about it, just ride your comfort zone and have fun, or wot- whatever. Oh and I wasn’t last by any means- even beat a cr250 (fellow twt’r)
If these events weren’t so far away- I would ride a lot more of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One thing I need that I dont have yet is roll offs or tear offs. can you run tear offs in torcs? I've read the rulebook before but it's been awhile
Sure you can use tearoffs, I just wear goggles over glasses, unless it's raining not a problem.

Last edited:
Pending work(on call) and my wife letting me spend the money, I may show up and ride. I'd have a hard time just watching.

That's the plan.
Work schedule looks clear, so we should be there.

Look for the beat up tundra and matching xr650l

What tires do you have on the 650L? Suitable for sand?
Shinko 244. Not okay, but they do okay it the sand I've got
3469e4becf184a62f0f0330fe59a1ad6.jpg

That's pretty good sand!
My place ranges from beach sand to sandy loam. It's a workout.

I found some gopro footage of a previous year's race at ott ranch. Seems decent terrain wise. Looks like rain, should help with the dust.

Anyone who can ride a 650l in real sand with those Shinkos is a motorcycle rider! :thumb:
If only my truck would sell so I could buy a two stroke!

I have a long term goal of racing a full season in 2021

Southtex hasn't seen someone fast ride offroad so I'm the low bar lol.Albert Garcia is the user name

A Jeremy king posts alot too, and tj's ktm too
Knesek Ranch was excellent. My first race in a long time and it was a very fun property. Lots of other videos of it on youtube.

Back