• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

DAL/FTW: Wednesday slacker run 3/20

I will be slacking tomorrow. White washing a fence. Great fun. I'll let you guys help, if you bring me something. :trust:

Thanks everyone, I had a blast. Sorry guys I got stuck behind a semi and by the time I got around him on the far left lane you were exiting on white settlement rd so I just headed home.

i wondered where you went Tim, you didn't miss much. I figured you had planned that graceful exit. I wasn't far behind you heading home myself... Sure was a fun day riding. I'm already looking forward to the next one!

i wondered where you went Tim, you didn't miss much. I figured you had planned that graceful exit. I wasn't far behind you heading home myself... Sure was a fun day riding. I'm already looking forward to the next one!
I’d love to get that rout we took from bluff dale to grayford. Is that duchess that was on the lead? I have a friend I’d like to run it with we would do it in reverse. Had to stop and wash the bike on the way home.
My tires really suck, they were sliding way to much. I hate to change them out when they have so much tread but in not putting up with no grip in corners.

Good times!
Do you know a fabricator? I have my old factory Tenere wind screen bracket you could experiment with welding a heavier cross tube in it for mounting. You would be welcome to it no charge. I don’t have a mig welder and the old farm welder I have won’t work on that thin material or I’d do it for you.

Great time! Good food. Great company.
200 mile loop. We should do that every Wednesday. 👍

Do you know a fabricator? I have my old factory Tenere wind screen bracket you could experiment with welding a heavier cross tube in it for mounting. You would be welcome to it no charge. I don’t have a mig welder and the old farm welder I have won’t work on that thin material or I’d do it for you.

Thanks for the offer, I’ve got a little ongoin project with this.

I’d love to get that rout we took from bluff dale to grayford. Is that duchess that was on the lead? I have a friend I’d like to run it with we would do it in reverse. Had to stop and wash the bike on the way home.
My tires really suck, they were sliding way to much. I hate to change them out when they have so much tread but in not putting up with no grip in corners.
From Graford, take 4 south just west of town, to palo pinto, continue on 4 all the way to lipan, right on 1189 for a bit, then left on star hollow rd. stay on that road-no turns-straight down to 377, rt to bluff dale. Eat at Jasper’s just west of town.
Let me know when yall come down.

NOBODY looks happy... Oh, I see why - still waiting on the food! Which, by the way, was very good...

Some things are just not meant to be.

I’m sitting here right now (9:45) in the Bluff Dale Valero, with my bike parked outside, waiting for folks to show up. Just double checked my watch to make sure I had the right day... 3/20... yep, got the right day.

Checked the website and see all these pictures of the gang at The Cafe. WTH ! Double check watch again, same thing, 3/20. Hmmm... I wonder if my watch date is off,... surely not. Open calendar and of all the crap, it’s 3/21! 😫Apparently been that way since the time change when I must have accidentally changed the date. Oh well, it’s a stunningly beautiful day today, so it won’t be wasted. Temp & wind are perfect.

Despite missing the lunch meet yesterday, I rode some of the small roads north & northwest of Bluff Dale on the Orange One. Really great scenery, especially where they dropped off into valleys.

I’m sitting here right now (9:45) in the Bluff Dale Valero, with my bike parked outside, waiting for folks to show up. Just double checked my watch to make sure I had the right day... 3/20... yep, got the right day.

Checked the website and see all these pictures of the gang at The Cafe. WTH ! Double check watch again, same thing, 3/20. Hmmm... I wonder if my watch date is off,... surely not. Open calendar and of all the crap, it’s 3/21! 😫Apparently been that way since the time change when I must have accidentally changed the date. Oh well, it’s a stunningly beautiful day today, so it won’t be wasted. Temp & wind are perfect.

Despite missing the lunch meet yesterday, I rode some of the small roads north & northwest of Bluff Dale on the Orange One. Really great scenery, especially where they dropped off into valleys.
I only work weekends so

Any day is a good day for a ride, enjoy it then fix your watch.

I only work weekends so

Any day is a good day for a ride, enjoy it then fix your watch.

Great ride so far. Took 2481 south out of Bluff Dale. Had never been on this road before. Beautiful scenery. Now munching on a burger at the Koffee Cup in Hico. More small roads to go before heading back.

Last edited:
Back