• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

PANHANDLE: WANTED large displacement engine donor

Reaction score
The ECU has crashed on my Roketa buggy so it’s time to do something more interesting. Looking for a beater or wreck. Ideally i want to find a wadded up TL1000S/R, SV1000, GSXR1000, XB12S/R, Bandit 1200, etc. might consider right side shaft bikes as well. Prefer water cooled and fuel injection because I’m alread set up for it, but mot necessary.

Wrecks are okay.
No title is okay.

Prefer to trade...i have guns, a very nice longine watch, some medical/dental equipment, and some other wierd stuff...also cash but less flexible.

Needs to be in the Panhandle.

And I just sold my 86 VF1000R engine in a frame.

Larry
Tinkerer

My last buggy was a VFR800 machine and it was wicked. I would love to get my hands on a 1000cc lump. I've been on the lookout for a V65 I could use. I'm just not at all thrilled about getting back into V4 carburetors haha

aRnzMJQ.jpg

Check out CoPart in Dallas for a wrecked VTX1800 and put that big, thumpy, torquey 110ci motor in there. I bet it'd be a hoot.

Driveshaft is on the wrong side, unfortunately...that would be neat, though.

Have a 96 st1100 minor down last year motor still in frame running .?

For the right price I'd be interested, but getting it from New Braunfels to the Panhandle would be an issue.

They will go, done it three times. Last time was in dec. a rescue for a friend from mass had a go down in austin

The GL1200 would actually be ideal as far as where i want the power at, but the issue is the width of the engines. One of BMW’s bog boxer twins would be awesome and quite unique, but those jugs are all in the way. I’m pretty sure The GL engines would have the same issue, and the 1800 is just way too long in and of itself.

The motorcycle engine will actually be driving a car transmission and the bellhousing is offset to the right side of the buggy. With a chain driven bike engine i can either situate the engine straight off the bellhousing or use a jackshaft. With a shaft driven bike my preference is for the output to be on the right side of the engine where i can just adapt the ring gear from the wheel to the input shaft of my transmission...which makes room on the right pretty tigt.

Of course, in reality, i can convert any shaft engine to drive a sprocket, set up a jack shaft, and just relocate the engine wherever I want it...but i’m making an attempt to avoid a jack shaft and redesigning the entire rear cradle.

Ultimately it’s going to be a cost thing it it’s going to get the best bang i can source without hurting the wallet too much :D

i have an 84 honda sabre 750 you can have for $400.00 will need some carb work. i just have too many projects to work on her.

Sorry but i don’t thin the V45 will have enough oomph to get up the hills and over the rocks. :(

i agree, just offering it up. A good liter engine would make for some fun for sure. Keep us updated on the build, seems like it will be a monster once it all comes together.

Back