• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

New KTM's (Not for Dirtryder)

woodsguy

Ride Red
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Vaughan

Some folks will have a problem with no kicker, not sure how long cars been without hand cranks but seems to work! And in emergency a 2 stroke bumps off easy. I like. Finally have the TPI in the XC version.

View attachment 233194

Some folks will have a problem with no kicker, not sure how long cars been without hand cranks but seems to work! And in emergency a 2 stroke bumps off easy. I like. Finally have the TPI in the XC version.
Now I know why you are ready to get rid of the sx

Why titled (Not for Dirtryder) ?
He has finally came out of the closet. Says he likes orange now. And I have documented proof. LOL
ffec7517126e407d3b24890d71ecc97d.jpg

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk

Now I know why you are ready to get rid of the sx
Well, honestly when I offered the bike to you didn't know these were coming in this form, and doesn't matter, I can't afford current year bikes anymore. But it sure would be sweet!

KTM just can't stop stepping up their game no matter the bad press about the German (and overall European) economy.

FWIW I have had to replace the bendix and electric motor for the button start on my 300 (each at different times)...but mine's a 2011 and I wouldn't doubt that they've improved the reliability even more since then.

KTM just can't stop stepping up their game no matter the bad press about the German (and overall European) economy.

FWIW I have had to replace the bendix and electric motor for the button start on my 300 (each at different times)...but mine's a 2011 and I wouldn't doubt that they've improved the reliability even more since then.

and a pinched wire left you kicking until we got back to the truck at Hidden Falls one day.

Kickstart is an optional upgrade on the two strokes for now. Not sure how well it would work on the fuel injected bike with a dead battery

Kickstart is an optional upgrade on the two strokes for now. Not sure how well it would work on the fuel injected bike with a dead battery

Sometimes a weak battery may have enough juice to run the FI pump but not turn over the motor and create a spark. I've bump started fuel injected VFRs on occasion when they had this problem. But yeah, the battery can't be totally dead. Nowadays though, you can carry one of those little batteries with the jumper cables for those occasions.

I have one like this that works very well. Have used it to jump start bikes, my riding mower, and a few trucks.

Sometimes a weak battery may have enough juice to run the FI pump but not turn over the motor and create a spark. I've bump started fuel injected VFRs on occasion when they had this problem. But yeah, the battery can't be totally dead. Nowadays though, you can carry one of those little batteries with the jumper cables for those occasions.

I have one like this that works very well. Have used it to jump start bikes, my riding mower, and a few trucks.

Yep, that was the point I was making. It's been an issue apparently with the mx guys on the e start only bikes

I would really like to watch anyone bump start a 2stk in the sand of the Ott Ranch. Or in that quicksand woodsguy pictured. Or plenty of areas of the SamH. Or Cycleland. Especially during our cool TX summers. Or in plenty other places I could name from experience. Talk is cheap and there is always plenty of it in threads like this! I'll sit there and watch on my 2stk with a working kicker and carb.

Being a MotoGP fan who enjoys dirt bike riding so much also, tech changes anywhere to anything fascinate me a lot.

But yeah I have to concede that having both magic button and kickstart are nice, convenient features to have when you don't have a crew to run your way as problems pop up.

If you get stuck at altitude in Colorado in the rocks, you might cuss that kickstarter a blue streak, but you'll still be glad you had it.

Well. I didn't learn much about 2020 KTMs from this thread, but I did learn that Chicken Little comes in all ages, ha. :lol2: Y'all act like the no kickstarter is something new on dirt bikes. Nine years ago my Husaberg 450 had no kickstarter from the factory. I had about 250 hours on that bike and it never left me stranded. My 2013 KTM has no kickstarter, and the only time I took a walk of shame was due to total battery failure--zero volts--and the kickstarter wouldn't have helped me out. I only have about 120 hours on that bike though.

Talk is cheap:-P, but almost 400 hours of no issues is pure gold. While ya'll are crossing your arms and harumphing about what you won't ride, I will be wheelying down Sunspot Highway at 10,00 feet,

I have no room to talk anymore lol

This is why I love dirt bike riding. Sometimes everything is perfect, I'm doing things that shock me in a good way, and I feel like I'm a bonified rockstar.

Then God reminds me that was just a lucky day not today and I thank Him for having let me live this one with a kickstart :rider:

Then again, I don't mind seeing dirt bikes without them now either, or ones without electric start.

Last edited:
This is why I love dirt bike riding. Sometimes everything is perfect, I'm doing things that shock me in a good way, and I feel like I'm a bonified rockstar.

Then God reminds me that was just a lucky day not today and I thank Him for having let me live this one with a kickstart :rider:

Then again, I don't mind seeing dirt bikes without them now either, or ones without electric start.
I just know I'm spending $120 on a bendix to make mine work

Talk is cheap:-P, but almost 400 hours of no issues is pure gold.
Only takes one time though. I had well and far over 400 hours of no issues with my stupid ram x-grip for my phone on my road bike. Then, one day....

That's a $750 mistake I don't want to do again. .

Same thing, I'm not saying I'd not ride a bike with a kick starter, in fact my DRZ doesn't have one (yet) but it sure is nice insurance.

Back