• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Dizzy spells and blacking out

ntklr650

Matt6:34
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Last Name
M
So I am generally a private person but I know the power of prayer. And right now I am needing it. I have been having dizzy spells off and on for the last 2 years and have gone almost a year with out. They have started back up for some reason and it definitely puts a damper on my day and ruins a good motorcycle ride. I have also had black outs over that last 8 years but have been great for 3 years now. I have had lots of testing done but nothing has been found. I could use prayer right now and my poor wife could really use it. She is very upset after me passing out last night for 5 min. Ha I have the bruise to prove it 😂 as she claimed she was just trying to wake me up.
Thank you all in advance.

Sorry to hear of your troubles, prayers sent.
Transient neurological stuff is really hard to diagnose but keep trying, it is worth it.
Best of luck too.

Whoa ... scary stuff.
Yer on my list.

Praying for you and your family. Hope the Dr gets this figured out quick. It’s not a good combination with two wheels or even four.

Low BP can cause blackouts and dizziness, as I found out when I first went on BP control meds and the initial dosage was 4X what we eventually found out it needed to be. I have a nice little 1.5" scar on the side of my chin from that little experiment.

You might want to invest in a BP monitoring thingie (yeah, I know it's a sphygmomanometer but I didn't want to have to spell that :lol2:) and check yourself several times a day to see if that might be the problem. I use one of those round-the-wrist types (~$40, IIRC) and it agrees reasonably well with what the gals at my Primary Quack's office measure.

Whatever it is, I hope you find the cause and get it "fixed."

You might have a blockage in an artery. I’ve had two heart attacks and both were preceded by your symptoms. Praying for answers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Low blood pressure. Blockage. Also the possibility of TIAs, although I'd think normal medical screening would pretty quickly identify the presence of any of those.

So first and foremost, prayer. By the way, I like your signature line. In my mind, Eph 2:8-9 is at the absolute core of Christianity.

Jesus spoke "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is perfected in weakness. Father God we ask that your power that lives in brother Michael be demonstrated in knowledge and healing Your word says that if we ask for wisdom you will give it to us generously (James 1:5). We thank you and give you glory. In 1 Thes. 5:18 you say in all things to give thanks that it is Your will in Christ Jesus. We thank you Jesus for restoring Michael to the heath that you paid for by your death, burial and resurrection and that you now live your life in and through Michael.
Blessings to you and your household Michael so be it

Thank you everyone for the prayers and encouragement. Had a Dr visit today and EKG. The EKG was clear but I have high blood pressure. They want me to monitor that weekly for the next 6 weeks and then we can go from there. He suggested possible blood pressure medication if it does not come down but I think I can control that if I stop being so lazy and eat better. Thank you again.

The reason we want to keep the pressure under control is the risk of stroke. Have a stroke and its brain cell death, thats game over and where the real difficulties begin.

Lisinopril is one of the earliest b.p.drugs that came on the market back in the 60's and is cheap and effective for most. No big deal

Great news. You can always get on BP meds and exercise and diet and get off them. I have taken Lisinopril for 20 years. It has the least side effects for me. Quitting beer helped me the most because of water retention and alcohol's vein effect.. But I was beyond moderation drinking. I was self medicating with it for joint pain. a lot from Moto-X in the 70's.and hard work. Now I take Advill etc, which is hard on the liver too. Now I don't take Lisinopril with the diuretic anymore just the non diuretic. Solves the #1 frequency :rolleyes: Do what you have to do to control it. Oh quit all salt and little caffeine. You will control it and be just fine. Let us know your progress and route you choose, it takes time.

Last edited:
It can also be as simple as dehydration. I was experiencing severe vertigo (which can also cause fainting) and it was actually brought on by dehydration. Drink plenty of water! My doctor tells me that virtually nobody drinks enough water, especially men.

Water is definitely my friend, I typically drink close to a gallon a day. Salt and coffee on the other hand are something I need to cut way back on. I am completely addicted to sun flower seeds and my coffee intake is definitely to much. Don't drink much alcohol as it does not make me feel to good but 12 years ago was a different story there. It may be catching up with me a little. I think over all I am learning that Im getting too old to count on my youth anymore and I need to start making changes if I want to watch my kids grow. And also if I want to keep my wife from getting a younger husband. Lol 😂😂
She told me she would not remarry if I die of old age. If I die Young of not taking care of my self she said she will happily replace me with a younger model. Lol
Thanks again y'all for the prayers and encouragement.

+1 on Lisinopril. I currently weigh 225 and take 20mg/day. When I got down to 205, I was able to quit, because my BP was low. Everything else said, +1

I've tried several BP meds but always come back to Lisnopril . They all make me tired. I doubt I could get off. Some of it is heredity some is cardial vascular disease or hardening of the arteries. I really don't care just thankful I can control it because it can lead to consequences that I don't want. Mine is about 130/80 to as good as 120/70.

I am 140/90 right now. I don't feel to bad if I am resting but as soon as get exited I don't feel to great. If I am honest I have not felt good for a long time but I think I am realizing now what it has been. He wants me to monitor for 6 weeks and see if it comes down otherwise we will have to give meds a try. Dropping most salt and working out a bunch. Hopefully I can shake this as I don't have any family history of it.

I am 140/90 right now. I don't feel to bad if I am resting but as soon as get exited I don't feel to great. If I am honest I have not felt good for a long time but I think I am realizing now what it has been. He wants me to monitor for 6 weeks and see if it comes down otherwise we will have to give meds a try. Dropping most salt and working out a bunch. Hopefully I can shake this as I don't have any family history of it.
Yes by all means control it natural. There are blood tests every six months for most on BP meds to see if the meds are affecting liver or kidneys. Meds should be a last resort . They all have side effects IMO. Your Doctor knows best.

Blessings and prayers... BP is a major issue and there are many options. I am on mild BP meds, and they have helped me a lot.

Oh, and... salt is the enemy.

I took lisnopril for 3 yrs and had a continuos dry cough. Carried a handful of cough drops in my pocket every day. Finally mentioned it to my heart dr. Duhh, it’s a possible side effect. He switched me to another and now I don’t cough and sleep better. So no matter what you get on, be very vocal when they ask how your feeling.

I took lisnopril for 3 yrs and had a continuos dry cough. Carried a handful of cough drops in my pocket every day. Finally mentioned it to my heart dr. Duhh, it’s a possible side effect. He switched me to another and now I don’t cough and sleep better. So no matter what you get on, be very vocal when they ask how your feeling.
What is it if you don't mind. I have cough from it and don't sleep well, thus tired in the day.. May be my conscious though :lol2:

Back