• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

A-spear Ranch.

I`m pretty handy at clearing brush , especially if it involves using joysticks and electric controls 👍

I`m pretty handy at clearing brush , especially if it involves using joysticks and electric controls 👍
They said trails, not brush Armageddon
hydro-ax-with-fecon-forestry-mulcher-head-raised.jpg

We had the inaugural ride day today here at Aspear Ranch.

@derekdemere and @Mudslick both came out, with a coworker of mudslick, harrison who rides torcs 250A.

Harrison was the first to show and we got a few fast laps in, the Derek showed up and I hung with him, he trucked through the tight trails on a 500 xc-w with the big acerbis tanks. Mudslick eventually showed up with a trailer full of tractor attachments for the ranch. He rode my xr650l since he is waffling about buying a dirt scooter.

@JMZ as always waffled and bailed, @South Tex had family matters to attend to and @budzrex had to see his daughter graduate!

We got my the current section rutted and burned in nice and blazed some new stuff.

A work/ride day will be coming to cut and complete the loop.

The plan for the place is to host a monthly(or so) limited ride days to those who are interested.

This will be an ongoing thread with information about ride days, so subscribe if you are looking for a new off road area.

The ranch is located on Fm1681 in Stockdale Texas. Not to far of a drive from Austin, SA, NB or SM.

Guest will have to sign a liability waiver, be polite to Mrs Sara who the ranch boss and not be a jerk.View attachment 233954View attachment 233955View attachment 233956View attachment 233957
Where is this located

When I saw you riding in the creek, I thought, I wonder if? And danged if you didn't make it so.

Like button pressed. Your stock price just increased , up 150. Jumps are ok, but if they serve a purpose, all the greater!

If you had rocks or old concrete, you could make a return as a wet crossing (one that would not erode). I guess you already do since you were already riding IN the creek in that other picture.

If you had rocks or old concrete, you could make a return as a wet crossing (one that would not erode). I guess you already do since you were already riding IN the creek in that other picture.
Have a bridge and low water crossing, but will be coming up with other bridges/rock/jumps for the loop

Have a bridge and low water crossing, but will be coming up with other bridges/rock/jumps for the loop
Nice you have a creek. So many ranches, at least out more west have no topography, just flat brushland with a cowtank here and there.

We will be riding and cutting trails either Saturday or Sunday. Once the day is nailed down I'll post up.

PM if you wanna come play

Damper rod on the right fork backed out and striped out the threads on the fork cap. So only the left fork is dampening. bwdmax is going to see if we can clean the threads up to to make it hold until the new cap comes in.

@South Tex and I will be cutting trail at 9am on Saturday.

We will be on scooters Sunday.

I’m bringing 3 loppers and maybe an axe if anyone wants to just show up and help. Y’all dirt riders jump in on the ground floor and get your aspr ranch cred early.

Aspr and stromxtc planning the route this morning. Looks like Lewis and Clark with tree loppers.

We got about 1/2 mile of trail cleared before we got too hot and hungry. Aspr let us play with his new dirt rocket as payment.

Stromxtc found this ride a little more to his liking.

Back