• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

ISO Goldwing - total noob

when you change your mind...again!

I do get bored with a bike easily.
I've had 11 bikes float through my hands in the last two years.

Doubt the Goldwing is a forever bike.
It has a specific purpose for a specific goal.

Once reached, I'll be onto the next one,

This one kind of blows my skirt up ....

You could save a lot of money buying an old first gen Super Duke or a V-twin Tuono and probably not lose any performance. But, it is pretty.

You could save a lot of money buying an old first gen Super Duke or a V-twin Tuono and probably not lose any performance. But, it is pretty.

ready to do a front tire?

In case no one knows ...
... this freaking thing is a mile eater.

Installed new tires (Bridgestone Exedras) and new OEm brakes.
Changed the oil and topped off the coolant level.

Today was the first time I've taken out for a real spin.
200 miles later, I feel as though I could do it again.

It seems impossible to maintain the speed limit.
I would look down and be approaching 90 and flowing through the twisty roads of 56 from Glen Rose to Whitney.
Gotta remember to keep the cruise engaged ...
Encounter traffic? just a slight throttle twist and 60 to 90 like right now and no need to downshift.

Ran into a small rain shower and stayed dry.

Why didn't you wing owners say something sooner?

Bob ... you are correct.

I should have realized something was up when you came wheelie-ing passed me on that dirt road detour on 108

Bob ... you are correct.

I should have realized something was up when you came wheelie-ing passed me on that dirt road detour on 108
Not sure about dirt roads....but you definitely can wheelie one.

Be careful to drop the front gently though if you go past about 10 o'clock. Drop it too fast and you'll blow fork seals. :)

Definitely a mile eating machine. I can ride 1000 miles on my Wing with less fatigue than 300 miles on my Super Duke.

Honestly, assuming good weather, I can probably do 1000 miles on the Wing with less fatigue than 1000 miles in the car because you can stretch out a bit more on the Wing.

I hacked off another 4 inches of windshield this afternoon.

Didn't take long at all ... maybe 20 minutes total in removing, marking, cutting, sanding, reinstalling and cleaning.

I've placed the screen about midway in its adjustment band. Wind hits right at the top of my forehead.

I've placed the screen about midway in its adjustment band. Wind hits right at the top of my forehead.

Good location. When it rains and you get drops on the face shield, just put your face into the airstream and let the wind blow it clean.

Hey Mitch,

Did you get helmet headsets with the bike? If not do you want a pair?? Only have one lower cable but easy to replace that. Fit open face or modular helmets.

Sure thanks Dave

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

K
Iā€™ll throw them in my bags for next time I see you, probably at the next retiree lunch?

Not sure I'll be there for it.
We can get together at some point, though

As you can see from my signature, goldwings can be wheelied, but to get it to come up like that we had a bag of cement in the top box and a passenger (to get a lot of weight on the back of the bike) and it came up very nicely but after 4 wheelies the front fork seals started to leak!! So be very gentle putting the front wheel back down!!

Last edited:
As you can see from my signature, goldwings can be wheelied...but after 4 wheelies the front fork seals started to leak!! So be very gentle putting the front wheel back down!!

Doesnā€™t seem worth it...
Had mine 12 years, never even tried to lift the front wheel. Still had fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back