• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

HOUSTON: NE Houston - Atascocita/Humble area riders!

OK. I've been looking for something different.... how about heading north out of Onalaska and doing some exploring? I know the little mini-loops up off of 59 were pretty good when I did that a few years back, but it wasn't good enough to slab up 59 for... maybe this route will be interesting!

240 miles, 5 hours Garmin time.

meet at Flying J at 0800, KSU by 0900?

Let's ride!

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    99.1 KB · Views: 198
OK. I've been looking for something different.... how about heading north out of Onalaska and doing some exploring? I know the little mini-loops up off of 59 were pretty good when I did that a few years back, but it wasn't good enough to slab up 59 for... maybe this route will be interesting!

Let's ride!

Saturday or Sunday?

Saturday. I'm wrapped up on n Sunday

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Ok I'm in.

I rode all day today after a 6 week hiatus and wanting more.

Since it's only the two of us lets meet on the corner here. Jitter's or Dunkin Donuts? I'll be pre caffienated though so will arrive just a few minutes before KSU. Time?

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk

Sounds like ksu at 730 or so at silver bullets place. Avoiding 59 to cleveland... lunch in Albuquerque... ok.. maybe not.

Bluetooth phone will be on if any of the regulars want to merge in along the route! First fuel stop will likely be the valero in onalaska... gonna be warm, but we'll be riding!

Nice ride today! Thanks to Silver Bullet for showing me a few nicer detours. It was great finding a time when you could join in!

The two little loops to the north were nice roads, but to make them routine rides, i think we need a better way to them. Not currency curvy enough for me on the ride up from Onalaska.

Otherwise, we had a route with a lot of shaded roads, and the heat wasn't bad! About 320 miles total. I'm thinking in about ready to start planning the next butt-burner (not the IBA definition).

It's road construction season, and the garmin just decided we needed to divert to some off roading on the fz1.. the tenere did well, and I survived. Hahaha!

All part of the adventure! Had a great time! It never hurts to have a great riding partner. Thanks, David!

It was a great day to ride, thanks for leading.

Forgot to add I took Steve on my TMZ tour. First stop was at the House of George, George, George, George, George and George. Then awhile later we passed The Waterboy riding along the road shoulder. Lol

Let's ride!
I live in Atascosita and so far the only gravel roads I have found are out past Huffman but me and Synthlegend didn't SH national Forest in Conroe and it was pretty cool. Are you street riding or duel sport?

I live in Atascosita and so far the only gravel roads I have found are out past Huffman but me and Synthlegend didn't SH national Forest in Conroe and it was pretty cool. Are you street riding or duel sport?
I'm in Atascocita as well, but I ride a Yamaha FZ1, they call it an "upright sport bike". It's good on the pavement, and if needed, i can do a little bit of dirt road, but it really likes pavement! I try to avoid the dirty stuff or gravel all I can.

Looks like another rough weekend... too many irons in the fire!

Gotta break loose for a ride next weekend!

Hoping some of the regulars got out today! It's hot, but riding is riding!

Sounds like next weekend is getting messed up for me again. Dangit!

Did some yard work early,then rode a little. Man it's hot!

Yes it is Hot now, I rode to coldspring at 8am today not very many motorcycles out ,and lots of Traffic! But I had to get out for a Ride ! It was Good

Attachments

• bud-ekins-escape.jpg
    bud-ekins-escape.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 211
Ok... looks like a ride may be needed this coming weekend. Still scheming here... but I'm ready!

I guess it's officially summer time, so it will be hot... but it looks like the rain chances are low. I haven't figured out what sounds best... maybe a ride out to Brenham via 3090 (longer ride) a short, "around the lake" run or a mid-length run that stretches the "around the lake" a bit? Or... maybe there is an area that we need to explore that hasn't been on the radar? I'm still fishing. Any input would be good. Regardless, I'll have something set up later in the week!

Last edited:
Rain could be coming this weekend again... that disturbance ended up as nothing... I was Grandpa this past weekend, and it looks like I'm backyard mechanic this weekend... Brakes and tune ups for Saturday. May be able to get a ride in on Sunday, weather permitting...

How about a serious ride for Saturday? The "cold front" seems to mean mid 90s and partly cloudy. That's about as good as it gets in the summer around here...

OK.... so I've been talking about a long ride for a while... we could resurrect the "Butt-burner" to San Augustine, like the one that kind of derailed before... or we could do a long ride to do 3090 and the Brenham area. Here's what I've got for Brenham. It looks like about 10 hours and 445 miles. I think the San Augustine might be about 540 and 12 hours. Either way, I'm thinking BBQ for lunch... either the Chapel Hill Bakery or the All Star BBQ in Rusk that we found on the almost finished San Augustine run.

For the Brenham run I'm thinking... meet up at Buster's in New Caney around 7 am Saturday... on the road by 8.

Alternately, the San Augustine Butt-Burner... maybe meet at Flying J at 7? That's How it's set up now... we could do Buster's if need be.

What sounds good??? Brenham is good, but I've been getting a few requests for a redo of the Butt Burner. For the San Augustine run, it might be a good idea to get an earlier start.

Both routes are attached.

Post up!!!

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    140.9 KB · Views: 187
  • Capture2.JPG
    Capture2.JPG
    138.3 KB · Views: 178
Well ****. I’m out for this weekend because of work. I’d love to hit the burner again once it’s not as miserable outside as it has been this past week. I’m up for the next run, schedule permitting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok... so I dropped that one on short notice. I'm riding this weekend regardless.

For the long rides, it's nice to ride in daylight, but the longer days are the hotter days...

Last edited:
Man, apparently it is too late for me to join you. I am in Cypress and ready to ride. I wish I would have seen this sooner

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back