• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

SOLVED - Austin stranded

cdc

Registered Lurker
Forum Supporter
Reaction score
First Name
Camilo
Last Name
Diaz
My son's WR250 died in Barton Springs & Lamar.
I am looking for help moving the bike to his place, about 2 miles south close to Lamar.
If someone is available, please call me - 281-935-3490
Thanks.

What does he need transport somewhere? Mechanical assistance? Can of gas?

It 'died'. Thought it was the battery, used the jumper, it run for a few feet and died again. The engine starts, but the dies . . .

And since he is close to his home, it is better to take it home.

It 'died'. Thought it was the battery, used the jumper, it run for a few feet and died again. The engine starts, but the dies . . .

I am on my way to Austin but need to meet with a customer first.
Would have to rearrange some stuff in the truck that we can get a WR in the back

Or might get lucky with a quick fix it’s my service day in Austin so I’m reasonably well set up for work

Or might get lucky with a quick fix it’s my service day in Austin so I’m reasonably well set up for work

The only issue with giving him a ride home is

The front seat is taken
565f12ead508b689e64ee48f9746fdfd.jpg

2e9895ec27e7100a559ccfed49f2bb4c.jpg

In the backseat has an occupant is well

And where are you Erik?

Just went through Seward Junction a few minutes ago

Meeting a customer at 10:46 at his house in Austin probably be there a half an hour and then I can make time

I thought these kind of problems were auto emailed to all?

Edit: I see that you have to sign up for alerts or emails in the forum header. Thought I was, maybe lost it during the conversion.

@E.Marquez came to the rescue!
Thank you Erik.

Motorcycle and rider safe at home

Is going to need a mechanic they can pull codes as I don’t believe it’s going to be an obvious simple fix cranks and starts running for just a moment and then dies out fuel system issue perhaps could be as simple as a plug filter a fuel pump it’s not putting out enough pressure or an injector

Me, I'd just push it home. Then when I get home all sweaty and tired I'd discover something stupid like I bumped the kill switch. That's just how I do things, you don't have to do them that way. ;)

I had a guy coming to meet us for a ride call me pretty early in the morning before the meet time. He was coming up from Houston to Huntsville and had taken the Hardy Toll road. He dropped his bike at a toll booth and could not get it to restart! I asked if he had flipped the kill switch to the off position and then back to on? "No... why would I do that?!" This is when he learned that flipping the switch to off then on resets the tip over kill switch many bikes have. Moments later I heard the bike fire up and he sheepishly said, "I'll see you shortly..." :lol2:

My big Hog started running funny out near Garner, and completely died near Utopia. Had a good bike tow into SA.
Found the Power Commander had worked loose, and part of the cable had got near the drive belt (hard to see) and started wearing through.
Took it out of circuit, and vroooom. Wish to bleep I'd figured that out in Utopia.
Cost me a stop at Mac and Ernies for a cabrito burger along with towing. grrrrr.....

Back