• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

KTM 950 Super Enduro

Reaction score
Was watching some videos on YouTube last night and came across this beast! Anybody here have/had one? Looks like a fairly lightweight large displacement bike.

My honest assessment from someone that has a lot of experience around these bikes is that the Super Enduro was made instantly obsolete by the new 790R, much to the chagrin of the fan boy owners of the remaining Super Enduros. They are great off road, but fuel range with the stock tank is horrible (barely 100 miles off road), and they have a few other issues as well. They were a spectacular sales failure for KTM, so now they are true cult bikes. and they have a fierce loyal following. You can find them on the used market pretty easily, but their cult status has their owners usually asking top dollar--as in over-priced. KTM is also discontinuing the parts supply for this bike. Lots of parts are NLA--the radiator being one of those.

If you want a full analog, carb'd motorcycle with no frills, then this might be your bike. It is very capable off road, but the new 790 will outperform it in every single area. The internet hype for this bike is about as strong as any that is out there.

Cool...thx for responding. I saw a few videos and was curious as to why I don't see any of these around. I heard one guy say that he's seen them sell for more than original showroom price! Now that's cult status for real!

Cool...thx for responding. I saw a few videos and was curious as to why I don't see any of these around. I heard one guy say that he's seen them sell for more than original showroom price! Now that's cult status for real!

There is a low mileage Erzburg Edition on sale over at Advrider and he is down to 8.5K. Even if I was in the market I think that is too much. The Erzburg Edition was KTM's attempt to move a bunch of inventory by slapping some stickers on bikes they had sitting around unsold.. Nothing really different except for graphics and a couple other minor things.

My honest assessment from someone that has a lot of experience around these bikes is that the Super Enduro was made instantly obsolete by the new 790R, much to the chagrin of the fan boy owners of the remaining Super Enduros. They are great off road, but fuel range with the stock tank is horrible (barely 100 miles off road), and they have a few other issues as well. They were a spectacular sales failure for KTM, so now they are true cult bikes. and they have a fierce loyal following. You can find them on the used market pretty easily, but their cult status has their owners usually asking top dollar--as in over-priced. KTM is also discontinuing the parts supply for this bike. Lots of parts are NLA--the radiator being one of those.

If you want a full analog, carb'd motorcycle with no frills, then this might be your bike. It is very capable off road, but the new 790 will outperform it in every single area. The internet hype for this bike is about as strong as any that is out there.
Very informative đź‘Ź

I'm telling ya, if you can't wait for the 790, get a used 690 ;-)

Back