• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Recommendations for a dyno tuner? Houston/Dallas/Austin/San Antonio areas ok

Gaijin

Reaction score
Hi, I have a small bike, a Benelli TNT 135, which is basically comparable to a Honda Grom. I've added some parts to it and want to get it tuned.

I've searched and found many recommendations for tuners, but none of them seem relevant anymore. For example:
Johnny Cheese -- lots of killer reviews, but he's retired.
Tejas -- lots and lots of glowing reviews, but they sold their dyno machine so they're out of the tuning business.
Micah Shoemaker at AF1 -- won't return emails, won't make an appointment.
The Dyno Difference -- superb, but only works on Harleys
Crazy Jack's Powersports -- lots of great reviews up until a couple of years ago, doesn't look like he's in business anymore.

I'm down in the Houston area, but am willing to take the bike to the other nearby big cities if there's a great tuner there.

So -- any current recommendations on dyno wizards who work on small bikes? Thanks for any assistance!

Sorry to hear Micah at AF1 is not an option, he dyno tuned my RG500 and two RZ350's that I had, a very friendly guy!! Don't know who else to recommend you listed all the ones I know off.

Gary

Sorry to hear Micah at AF1 is not an option, he dyno tuned my RG500 and two RZ350's that I had, a very friendly guy!!
Micah responded a few times, but when I went to actually schedule the session, he just quit responding, even after multiple requests. So I figured he must not want to do it; that's okay, I'll go elsewhere.

Thanks for the list; I'd looked at it and unfortunately it is wildly out of date. For example, it still shows Tejas, even though they no longer have a dyno. It shows Mr. Turbo, but as far as I can tell they're out of business; clicking on the link to the website brings up an empty page, same for MCCyleWorks, etc.

I found a place that looks promising down in southwest Louisiana, so I'll give them a try. Thanks for all the responses.

Yeah go talk to Cliff Piper, he'll take care of you.
Thanks for the recommendations! His reviews look excellent. I looked at his page, and he says he only works on Harleys. I do have a Harley, but this particular request was for a non-Harley, so that won't work out this time.

John Klause , Klaus Sppedwerks Shepherd I 45 area in Houston use to have a dyno .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I ended up going to Third Coast Speed in Lake Charles, Louisiana. Mike Gelt there did a fantastic job, very happy with the service! Highly recommended.

Back