• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

20th Anniversary - Rich Mountain Rendezvous 2019 - it's time!!!

I just stayed at the lodge last week and it was really nice. Didn't expect it to be so much so.

For those that have done this trip before, what do the routes usually look like for this one? Are there planned routes or figure out your own kinda deal?

Mostly paved or some off pavement as well?

Which way do folks go from SA area? I'll be driving up, hauling the bike. I'm looking at a map now. Anything in particular to avoid? I'm only familiar as far as DFW goes, after that, no clue.

Also planning to arrive Thursday evening.

Out of curiosity, can someone PM me with the group rate. I called just now and want to double check what the gal told me is what it's suppose to be?

My recommendation to avoid interstates and large cities is to take US 79 from Taylor up to Henderson, then north from there towards Mena. Its really nice, especially from Palestine onward into the pineywoods.

My recommendation to avoid interstates and large cities is to take US 79 from Taylor up to Henderson, then north from there towards Mena. Its really nice, especially from Palestine onward into the pineywoods.
Much appreciated. I'll have a look at the route and nail it down.
It dawned on me the other night as a trudged through a boring shift that this trip will be upon me soon. I need to put some thought to it and prep. It's my big vacation so I'm really looking forward to it and a lot of time away from work.

Registration done, looking forward to it!

So...I'm second guessing if I'm registered. I can't find my reservations in my email. Aside from contacting the hotel how can I find out if I'm registered.

I had the same thing happen. I called the lodge and they said they showed me there.

I had the same thing happen. I called the lodge and they said they showed me there.
Hmm ok, I'll give them a call next week after the 4th of july rush is simmered down. Thanks J

Hey, everyone! If you've registered on the RMR site, you should have gotten a confirmation email. But there was a bit of technofunkiness that caused some hiccups.

Lodge reservations are directly with the lodge to get our group rate. If you call the 800 number and don't press 2, you'll get to the random call center somewhere in the world and they have no idea about group reservations.

Let me know if you have any questions/problems/bits of confusion. It's been a bumpy couple of months and I apologize for being MIA.

Hey Kat! If I booked a room with the lodge do I need to register with the link on the website?

I can
I went ahead and booked a room at the lodge and did the lodge package at registration.
I didn't see an email.

Do we know anything about the routes yet? Trying to figure which bike to bring.

Yes, they are two separate things, so to speak. The rally is the fundraising event. The lodge is a - um - lodging option for it :-D

Jarrett, did you get anything from the RMR site? I'll look for your registration. Sometimes usernames and real names don't match and I'm not sure who is who :-)

I found you - should get an email in a minute or two.

GREAT!!! Sorry it didn't work right the first time.

Yes, they are two separate things, so to speak. The rally is the fundraising event. The lodge is a - um - lodging option for it :-D
Ok I'll get registered on the site then

Any idea on routes from the last event? Or is it sort of a "on your own" kinda thing?

Great, Monica! You'll see the group discount number on the site (I can never remember it) so you might want to get back with the lodge for the discounted rate if you didn't get it the first time around.

Jarrett, we have had tiddler rides the past two years but I think that is off the calendar this year so far. Most riders group up and take rides off and on pavement depending on their preferences. There is always a willing bunch! We do have a few routes posted on the site that are not specifically RMR but participants have ridden them, or parts of them.

Great, Monica! You'll see the group discount number on the site (I can never remember it) so you might want to get back with the lodge for the discounted rate if you didn't get it the first time around.
Alrighty, just registered on the site. I'll follow up w the lodge. Thanks!

Alrighty, just registered on the site. I'll follow up w the lodge. Thanks!
It's going to be GREAT! And extra awesome to see you again :-)

You too!
I saw a tw200 at the shop yesterday and thought of you šŸ˜Š
:sun: still has my heart, that tough little critter. Grumpy Derp is starting to win me over. Or wear on me - not sure yet. :giveup::rofl:

Back