• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Post your Day Rides Here!

It's too hot to ride until maybe October .

Stickers ??? We don't need no stinking STICKERS !
October is already too cold. I hit snow last October in both UT and CO.
Lmaoshmsfoaidmt

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk

Went out for a brisk ride around my home track today. I’m really liking the light weight of the two stroke but it’s still a workout in the heat. Humid and hot today with a feels like temperature of 95.

Rode the CT out to the lake, at least, I tried to. Park was closed due to flooding, so I took a picture with the sign. 35 miles round trip, not too shabby. Ended up getting poured on headed home, so I had to camp out under a tree to wait for it to pass.

View attachment 237116

Rode the CT out to the lake, at least, I tried to. Park was closed due to flooding, so I took a picture with the sign. 35 miles round trip, not too shabby. Ended up getting poured on headed home, so I had to camp out under a tree to wait for it to pass.
Just looked up Rocky Creek Park, that actually looks like might be a cool ride to do from Sugarland. Might have to see if I can get my riding buddies to check it out.

That’s an adventure ride.

lol thanks! I went down county roads and maybe a quarter mile stent on an FM road.

Just looked up Rocky Creek Park, that actually looks like might be a cool ride to do from Sugarland. Might have to see if I can get my riding buddies to check it out.

Give me a shout if you do, I can take yall around this area or if I have to work, give yall some good roads to check out.

So....decided to ignore the weatherman calling for storms. A little light rain when I woke, but radar looked clear south and east. So jumped on the Strom and headed for Bastrop Bayou Park with plans to hit Brazoria Natl Wildlife Refuge. Weather was gorgeous and backroad cruising was awesome as usual. I managed to get into a muddy area in the refuge and got to do some slipping and sliding. Got sideways a couple of times but kept the Strom upright! Really loving these Mitas E07+!!!! Great Day! Great Ride.... beginning to think the V-Strom is indeed the all around champ! The Tenere 700 and Adventure 790 are going to have to blow my socks off!!

Very nice, even added a Windmill picture. :thumb: I had to cancel a ride to Rockport with stromxtc due to a two inch storm over here.

Great report. The windmills seem shorter near the coast.
pneu-mat-ic 1 - containing or operating by air or gas under pressure
2 - (chiefly in the context of New Testament theology) relating to the spirit.
3 - moved or worked by air
4 - of, relating to, or using gas (such as wind)
:)

Tried to run my home track today but the cows kept getting in the way and they are spooky enough without a two stroke monster going by. 6 laps in I gave up and went to the other side of my place to plot out a secondary track. I got a small creek that gets washed out in different spots every rain so it’s kinda a gamble going across. Today I went for it and almost drowned the front tire before I hit the whiskey throttle to get out and up the other side. (Graham Jarvis I’m coming 😂 ) Made it to my far tank which I rarely see. Rains have been good, the ktm is on the other side if ya zoom in.

I might need to put some fish in here.

So not many pictures but a good morning of riding. The 380needs a rinse off.

Aspr stopped by and asked about the dirt on the headlight. His theory is that I should be wheely’ing it through the slop. :shrug:

Since I moved to Waco, decided to participate in some central Texas dual-sport FUN! @Big Bird 's son-in-law sent me a nice county road loop of 100 miles starting from Lott, TX. There was nothing technical, just well-packed dirt road. It was HOT, but worth the trip.

Interesting bike....what all have you done to it? Details!!!!
What fairing is that?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

2006 DRZ400S with a trash can fairing =) Found this video and followed his instructions.

It also has Clarke 3.9 Gal tank, Seat Concept, 3x3, JD jetting, case savers, Barkbusters, Kouba lowering links, Tusk rear rack, 15x41 gearing... I think that's about it. Just did East Texas 500 with it. So much fun and it is so capable.

Back