• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Emma Long ride....

Either one, I will never leave my bike outside anymore. But most motels will not allow motos in a room, especially the way they are built now. I don't stay in dumps. Not sure of the time. We have friends in Kerrville we visit often and I was thinking of riding the park, looks fun.
I'm sure there is a twt member in good standing near there who would store the bikes overnight for you

I usually look for motel that opens to the outside. Days Inn and Super 8 often fit this. I sometimes put it inside, but most of the time I back up to the closet pole to my door and run a long cable locked to the truck on one end and to the pole on the other. Theft proof, not hardly. I just try to make it slightly difficult and time consuming, that’s 2 things thrives don’t like.

You can see the cable that has been run through the bike in the back of the truck and is getting ready to go around the big post.

After my hernia surgery I don't plan on being back on the bike until late September so if you come out after that on a Saturday, would be happy to join you for a ride as long as you're fine riding with a hack. I'm able to get around the park successfully but I'd score myself a 2 out of 10 on style and form. :lol2:

I got this flyer in:
Subject: Upcoming Texas Trials Events

DuderBranch Gate Trial and Burwell/ Cow Creek dual Summer Series event weekend.

DuderBranch is a 1 day fun ride gate trial event at Steven Holekamp’s ranch in Kerrville.

Sept 21 Fun Ride DuderBranch Gate Trial at Steven Holekamp’s Ranch in Kerrville

The # 3&4 Summer Series events will be Saturday at Burwell’s Ranch where, similar to last year Burwell event, will host trials event in the morning, have dinner, music, games, etc that evening. There is a ton of room for primitive camping to stay the night. Will host the Cow Creek event Sunday morning just a few miles down the road. Cow Creek is great place to ride but is limited in access and camping space. For those that don’t have the ability transport their bikes without loading up their camper, CTTA can provide help to load bikes and folks to Cow Creek Ranch.

Nov 16 & 17 CTTA Summer Series #4&5, Burwell event on Saturday, Cow Creek event on Sunday. Both in Marble Falls

Ben Dalgleish

CTTA, Pres.

Austintrials.com

Late September should work for me too. I'll have some no seat time by then

I've said it before, I'll say it again...the best seat time is just doing these trials competitions. YOu don't get anywhere playing around in your back yard. Do one of these competitions, and it forces you to rethink how to use that clutch, brakes, and throttle to get that bike to do what you want it to do. Plus, all the guys you're riding with will be more than willing to show you how to do it the easiest and where to look for the smoothest lines to get you the best score.It's like you have 7-8 personal trainers right there for the whole day!

I've said it before, I'll say it again...the best seat time is just doing these trials competitions. YOu don't get anywhere playing around in your back yard. Do one of these competitions, and it forces you to rethink how to use that clutch, brakes, and throttle to get that bike to do what you want it to do. Plus, all the guys you're riding with will be more than willing to show you how to do it the easiest and where to look for the smoothest lines to get you the best score.It's like you have 7-8 personal trainers right there for the whole day!
I'd definitely be willing to give it a shot

I'll be enroute home from my CO rides. SO I won't make this one. IF this is your 1st trials event, the one "TRIALS" specific gear that's worth its weight in GOLD, is trials boots, if for nothing else, the comfort provided w/ all the walking on the courses looking for the best line(s) to ride. And, to be able to move all over the pegs and feel for the rr brake pedal is where trials boots' flat gummy soles pays off. everything else is just bling. I've seen guys compete in shorts and tank tops, baseball shorts, MX & bmx & downhill helmets, weightlifting gloves w/ the finger cutouts...but all wore trials boots. Here's my buddy w/ a hawaiian shirt in a competition.
screenshot-Edits-190k.jpg

I'll be enroute home from my CO rides. SO I won't make this one. IF this is your 1st trials event, the one "TRIALS" specific gear that's worth its weight in GOLD, is trials boots, if for nothing else, the comfort provided w/ all the walking on the courses looking for the best line(s) to ride. And, to be able to move all over the pegs and feel for the rr brake pedal is where trials boots' flat gummy soles pays off. everything else is just bling. I've seen guys compete in shorts and tank tops, baseball shorts, MX & bmx & downhill helmets, weightlifting gloves w/ the finger cutouts...but all wore trials boots. Here's my buddy w/ a hawaiian shirt in a competition.
View attachment 241621
Cheap boot recommendation?

Gaerne @ motostorm.it has best prices for brand new in any size...add about $30 overseas shipping...you'll get it delivered w/in 5-7 business days.

click below, then view upper right corner, select currency=USD
https://www.motostorm.it/en/clothing/boots/gaerne-balance-pro-tech-brown.html

this is where I got my gaerne trials boots, no hassles, no probs.
ps, also anything by GIVI is sold there at crazy low $$$

This was more my price range...

What I have for trials and they work GREAT too.

I plan to be @Emma this Saturday morning. There's that second to last 2-diamond section with the steps where you basically gotta take the middle line and plant the front wheel near/on the top of the second step on the way up that still challenges me. Only seen Vinny and another rider (didn't know him) climb it nicely so far the way I keep imagining but have yet to clean...maybe at least once this time...

What I have for trials and they work GREAT too.

I plan to be @Emma this Saturday morning. There's that second to last 2-diamond section with the steps where you basically gotta take the middle line and plant the front wheel near/on the top of the second step on the way up that still challenges me. Only seen Vinny and another rider (didn't know him) climb it nicely so far the way I keep imagining but have yet to clean...maybe at least once this time...
Installing a iron filter this weekend or I'd come ride

Be glad to show you around whenever our schedules align. Better yet the trails are well marked to help everyone run their own happy pace, so you have best of both worlds at Emma now.

Be glad to show you around whenever our schedules align. Better yet the trails are well marked to help everyone run their own happy pace, so you have best of both worlds at Emma now.
I rode the main loop on my xr650l a couple times when I lived there.

But I'll definitely post up before I go

Cool.

Wow, riding a 650l through Emma deserves a thread of its own for me. Great bike for sure and it was the bike I started on, but it's the XR250 I ever think about in a nostalgic way.

Cool.

Wow, riding a 650l through Emma deserves a thread of its own for me. Great bike for sure and it was the bike I started on, but it's the XR250 I ever think about in a nostalgic way.
It was an experience. Now with the ktm and beta I think I'll be better off.
65ba456eab822f1318000c4f52719e66.jpg

Last edited:
Back