• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Heat keeping everyone inside?

103 with real feel close to 110 up here. I guess it’s way worse in Harlingen
I'll be by this week I hope.

Have three carburetors to clean for customers... I need a shop

I tend to hibernate during the summer time and ride a lot during fall/winter/spring. Work has me out in heat in 60 lbs of gear stuffed in basically a quilt so i enjoy the AC when I can. I get in quick rides early in the mornings before it gets too hot or knock out any work I need to do in the garage early in the mornings.

My mom's central ac went out after 2 years (no return calls yet for repair) We are going to lowes to pick up an emergency ac to use and to keep in the box just for occasions such as this at our houses.
I have a window unit just for that, because it's happened to me before also.

I did ride almost 50 miles today, about 1:15 minutes worth of back country roads. Two of them dirt but only for about a mile collectively. It was nice to get out. Got home about 10:20 and nary sweating at all.

I did ride almost 50 miles today, about 1:15 minutes worth of back country roads. Two of them dirt but only for about a mile collectively. It was nice to get out. Got home about 10:20 and nary sweating at all.
Where ya at?

Another smoker!!!! Sun was initially behind clouds so I thought about going out. However about 11:30 the sun came out with a vengeance, so I only made it as far as the garage. I guess it's another day of watching other folks fabulous adventures on YouTube.😭😭😭

Went out briefly yesterday to run to the hardware store. Figured I might as well ride the bike. Only rode for about 30 minutes. Didn't see any other bikes out.

Washed the Jeep and cleaned the interior when i got home from work this morning from about 8 to 9. By the time i finished i had sweated throug my clothes to the point i looked like i got out of a swimming pool.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

I rode about 400 miles on Saturday, left out about 4:15, rode to Huntsville for a short visit, then up to Chandler for a start of a ride that I'll be doing for the CMA NETX Rally in Chandler (Sept 5-9). come out for it if you are in the area. I'll be leading the New York (TX) to Paris (TX) ride on Friday (Sept 6th). So then I rode south to New York. then north thru Brownsboro. Van. Alba to Sulphur Springs. I stopped at Big Smiths BBQ on 154 about 4 miles south of SSs and picked up some big smoked beef ribs for supper for my bride, then home to Greenville as the temp was hovering around 99. Come on out for the New York to Paris ride.

I tend to buy a liter or 2 of cold water at fuel stops. I'll drink most of that and whatever makes it to the next fuel stop gets dumped on my head/in my helmet for the next stint. Drinking warm water is gross, but it feels good on your head!

About 2 1/2 hours on my dirt track with stromxtc today. I’m up to 2.3 hrs on the new husky and it’s either breaking in or I’m getting the hang of the power. I casually tossed my riding gear in the dirty clothes to wash tomorrow and my wife moved them to the porch to dry .

Got in 150 miles today, breakfast in Livingston, first 50 miles, then up 59 about nine miles turn right on to Chester, then Comisneil, second 50 miles. Then to Dam “B”, Spurger, Hilister, and back to Wildwood. All before noon. Great ride, on my 696 Ducati.241096

Gru, I'm convinced you ride s different bike each time you go out! That one is gorgeous! They should make a 696 Multistrada

Temperature when we left from an hour and half forest ride! One big loop was enough today tho!

Back when I was in the A/C business, we wanted 80 at 8:00am, and 90 at 9:00am. Good for business. But now I want it cooler.☃️☃️ Yes Ron, I do try to ride a different bike each week, but some time I arrive much later than the other guys, there mostly on liter bikes, tilted way to the sport side. The throttle stop on the 390 Duke is getting worn out.🛵😜

I got my jacket on this morning , it’s 52 degrees . But I was leaving a trail of sweat drips every where I went this time last week , I worked two weeks straight getting my truck trailer and bikes all ready for my summer escape one week ago I had put all new high pressure fuel tubes in my truck engine to cure some minor fuel leaks , they didn’t cure the problum so Monday I pulled the new ones out and put the old ones back in and now I’m in Wyoming till it gets cold and no more summer heat for me till next year .

Its been so hot lately If I won the lottery I would be buying some clothes with the fans built in just to be able to go check the mail. (octocool makes pants and shirts like that for people who work outdoors, but they are pricey and I am frugal, but I can dream.)

Back