• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

DAL/FTW: SOLD 2012 Burgman 650 Executive

Reaction score
First Name
Steve
I’m thinking of moving down in size and weight of scooter. This was by first entry in to the scooter world and it’s been better than imagined for me.

Mileage approximately 13,500 (May change slightly), Corbin seat (Makes a huge difference), Oxford heated grips, Givi Monokey top rack, front forks resprung and Race Tech emulators for a much improved ride, bar/weight throttle lock, battery tender plug. Tires in good shape.

One scuff on the left front from a zero mph incident by the previous owner. I’ve done a few things in my 2 years with it like changing coolant and brake fluid and probably forgetting a few things. I wouldn’t hesitate to go anywhere on it today.

$3350. Look on Search Tempest and you’ll see I’ve priced it well below others. Originally I was hesitant to buy, as this was my first foray into scooters. I’ve enjoyed it quite a bit and it caused me to buy another smaller one because they’re so easy and fun to ride. The Burgman, is not light but carries its weight quite low and really holds the road well. The 650 parallel motor is extremely smooth. Huge storage under the seat too.

Steve. 817-823-4095

05356265834b56f4dbd28ab9b99473b6.jpg

d4d0d39e51df6031cd22bca6a96fe30a.jpg

a4f6197952501bd49f3502ca40d6dd68.jpg

5c4ae709d8d32c758580b8ade2ace7d7.jpg

6a8cca4bafd30eeeb13781284c88b731.jpg

11283e9cde2bc845c62288ca7fbab522.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
My thoughts sometimes change daily on that but I really like that Yamaha Xmax (300cc / 400lbs). Riding my little 150 around more I've really come to appreciate the smaller side of things.

My thoughts sometimes change daily on that but I really like that Yamaha Xmax (300cc / 400lbs). Riding my little 150 around more I've really come to appreciate the smaller side of things.
Xmax is a cool looking scoot

Too bad the Honda X ADV is so heavy
Just your style...
Mabe Honda will do a smaller version

Sent from my LML212VL using Tapatalk

Too bad the Honda X ADV is so heavy
Just your style...
Mabe Honda will do a smaller version

Sent from my LML212VL using Tapatalk

You mean like this? A 150.
1565729131529.png

1565729160260.png

1565729192991.png

I've heard talk of a 300, but who knows.

I've ridden motorcycles since 1971, but had never even ridden a scooter until I purchased my new Xmax 300 last September.

Having more fun with this thing than I have in years with other bikes! It has nearly 16,000 miles now with no problems at all, just oil/filter changes and routine maintenance. I checked the valve clearance at 12,000 miles and no adjustments needed. And it has lots of storage space under the saddle. It normally gets low to mid 80s gas mileage.

The stock Dunlop tires were toast at 6000 miles. I put a set of Michelin City Grips on and they still have a little life in them with 10,000 miles on them.

Here it is by the San Gabriel River.

IMG_5585_16x9a[1].jpg

Yes, I followed you on that other thread on that other forum that has battle scooters. Everyone there seems very happy with their Xmax. I've enjoyed the Burgman and it has some pretty cool features but I'm just looking for something smaller. I use it the most for commuting to work, 18 miles of back roads. It can also surprise folks with a top speed somewhere just over a hundred. I've quickly learned to love scooters and how easy and practical they are. You want a Tenere too?

The Tenere is heavy with a high center of gravity. I'm 72 years old. It's a handful with my 30" inseam on a good day. Had a flat going home yesterday. Realized what was happening and stopped on the shoulder of the road. I was lucky, shoulders are rare where I live. Bike sitting too low to use the side stand. Sat on the bike for an hour in 100+ heat waiting for a tow truck. I've been at looking for a lighter bike or a scooter. Not meaning to hijack your thread, but I understand your need for a lighter machine.

No problem Robert, I'm always interested in what you have to say.

I will take this time to remind folks that I have a sweet running Burgman for sale. Go green and recycle here.

I forgot to mention that I have a shop manual for this, along with a Clearview medium (their smallest) windshield (still large) with the adjustable vent in the middle that goes with this deal. A favorite of the Burgman USA members.

Feel free to throw it up on the Ellis County ADV FB page. Never know who might be interested.

I got some hits on FB marketplace as well.

@MacDaddy let me take this bike for a spin this morning. I have to say, I was impressed how smooth and powerful it is. It will get down the road nicely. It's going to make a nice scooter for someone.

I'd like to see this in person, wife is gaining interest in having something of her own to ride.

Can you PM me with your availably and location?

Thanks,

Brian

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Back