• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Post your Day Rides Here!

Nothing official, but I think 11/3 will be the next ride day. We cleared a lot of trail today. Hope you like sand...
Tennessee boy. Grew up riding on real dirt, only to end up in Texas the land of rock and sand. You guys can teach me about sand.

Tennessee boy. Grew up riding on real dirt, only to end up in Texas the land of rock and sand. You guys can teach me about sand.

some real good riders show up. I’ll be watching from behind. Wayyy behind !:rider:

Had to share a little after posting a photo of Blu loaded up to go out and play this weekend. A friend asked if I'd bring her over to their property so she could try to learn to ride and of course I said sure. This was my first time taking one of my bikes to anyone's place to show them how to ride. I'm by no means a riding instructor, but I did like I learned, geared 'em up, then started with the basic skills, gradually adding a new step. My friend was nervous but she's a country girl and knows how to do stuff so she picked up each step. We didn't rush or go crazy, she was pretty nervous and at the end of the day, she's at a place where she wants to keep riding and learning which is success. No drops, no issues, she just took it easy learning. It was great. My other friend has experience riding but has been off for a bit after an off during some training several years back that kind of shook her. I'm proud of her for getting back on that horse, I think her curiosity got the best of her when she was watching us out there doing drills. She's still in her head a little, still nervous, but she admitted she had fun. I heard her laughing and squealing with excitement, I know she had fun.

I'm very proud Blu got the call, she did beautifully being a first bike for someone to get on. She played well and I think if Blu could talk, I think she would have sounded like the fun we had learning and goofing around the property; the laughter and joy I heard and saw got me a little emotional at one point as I was standing back under the shade of a mesquite tree watching them make the big loop and ride over bumps and ruts and have wiggles, the kinds that make you scared but the bust out in an adrenaline holler of joy. It was a beautiful thing that I'm glad came to be.

Anyway, no photographic evidence of it is gonna be posted, those are for us lol Besides, some people's momma's wouldn't be too happy :lol2:

But that was my weekend, I thought you'd guys would understand.

I finally found a day to get out and really ride my new bike. I am re-learning how to ride in the dirt, and I would say that my muscle memory exceeds my muscle capability and balance as of now...... I rode early at a friend’s place near Grapetown.View attachment 244623
I too would like to ride that bike.

I haven't gotten to ride a stock yz250/x

Fall finally arrived in Koscuisko this morning. 75 degrees and breezy, so a perfect morning to be on the dirt bike. Here’s a few pics.

First blood stain on my new dirt helmet. That will teach me to ride without goggles.

You are having entirely too much fun without me... :tears:
Wish you could join me. I almost feel guilty... Almost. You’ve got to remember though, now my calendar says it’s “Someday”...

I rode the Death Valley scenic route today and it was a lot different than I was expecting. I highly recommend it if anyone gets a chance.

1570924157678.jpeg

1570924223540.jpeg

1570924312065.jpeg

1570924405052.jpeg

Leaving Gatlinburg, TN a couple of weeks ago I connected the Little River Gorge Rd, Foothills Parkway, Tail of the Dragon, Joyce Kilmer Rd and Cherohala Skyway.

Great Smokey Mountains. Foothills Parkway.

Little River Gorge Rd

Tail of the Dragon

JT and i took the scenic route from Kerrville and wound up in Comfort. this little town has really come up over the years. we were surprised to find neat shops and cafes on High st and a nice vibe with the folks who were out enjoying the day.

IMG_2147.JPG

IMG_2146.jpg

our lunch was really good

Just curious, will an 18 wheeler go through that tunnel?
I’m not sure height wise, but I doubt it. And there were a few warning signs for vehicles over 40’ and places to turn around.

Back