• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

hunter threat

Lol, Facebook post wouldn't open, so deleted it.

Backstory? Is it the opposite of this:

I had to threaten my cousin's who hunt on our ranch the other weekend. because they did not notify me that they were coming and I was having a ride day.

Long story short, next time they are hunting without letting me know, a ktm 300 will be buzzing by their feeders.

I had to threaten my cousin's who hunt on our ranch the other weekend. because they did not notify me that they were coming and I was having a ride day.

Long story short, next time they are hunting without letting me know, a ktm 300 will be buzzing by their feeders.
Sounds like you need a RAM.

Back story, I joined a SHNF hunters page at the advice of a friend. One of the hunters were disturbed by ILLEGAL quad riding on a pipeline. I can understand their frustration, but the threats and things they are talking about doing will make your hair stand up. Understanding most of that is hot air talk, but 1 weirdo taking a hint could kill an offroad LEGAL rider on a multi use trail. Most of the hunters understand the multiuse trail but only takes one bad apple.

Back story, I joined a SHNF hunters page at the advice of a friend. One of the hunters were disturbed by ILLEGAL quad riding on a pipeline. I can understand their frustration, but the threats and things they are talking about doing will make your hair stand up. Understanding most of that is hot air talk, but 1 weirdo taking a hint could kill an offroad LEGAL rider on a multi use trail. Most of the hunters understand the multiuse trail but only takes one bad apple.
I'd report it to parks department

I've heard hunters say they like the bikes because they scare up deer that would otherwise be resting until nightfall, then I've also had one in East Texas try to harass me with his quad as I rode by. Poor guy ate a lot of roost. My real fear during hunting season is just the number of armed numb skulls out there - and I'm not speaking of everybody who hunts, just the guys who failed to take the NRA Safe Hunter course seriously, or at all. I'm over ten fingers and counting the number of times I've been down range of someone's errant round or had my house or barn hit. I don't ride in the forest a lot. During hunting season it's a whole lot less.

BTW, I'm often seeing deer on both sides of the road in Fayette County these days. They are definitely on the move. Take care.

A couple points to add ...

It's been my experience that "scaring" the deer is an overblown myth.
I've shot a pig with a 308 and two minutes later, deer were back at the feeder.
A bike, ATV or SxS will make them move, but not vacate the area.

I too am surprised by the lack of training, common sense and situational awareness that some hunters have.
Couple that with a common disease called buck fever, and the odds of whackiness escalates.
One of the factors of my leaving my last lease.

On my way back from Big Bend this weekend, it took me 3 hours to drive from Ozona to Brady on 190.
Deer were swarming like honey bees.
Made it Brady, got a room at the fleabag inn, justifying that the cost of the room was cheaper than my insurance deductible.

In Texas no person can intentionally harass deer or hunters from even adjacent property while a hunter is hunting. Class C misdemeanor and up to 2000 dollar fine. I knew a woman in Blanco that drove her 4 wheeler up and down fence line to disturb hunters on place next to hers opening day of the season. The game warden had a talk with her. She wanted to save her pet deers from becoming venison.
I took a large Gatorade bottle from my stand and dumped its collected contents on a fence hunters feeder area. Fence hunters annoy me. Especially when you see broadcasted corn on both sides of the fence.

In Texas no person can intentionally harass deer or hunters from even adjacent property while a hunter is hunting. Class C misdemeanor and up to 2000 dollar fine. I knew a woman in Blanco that drove her 4 wheeler up and down fence line to disturb hunters on place next to hers opening day of the season. The game warden had a talk with her. She wanted to save her pet deers from becoming venison.
I took a large Gatorade bottle from my stand and dumped its collected contents on a fence hunters feeder area. Fence hunters annoy me. Especially when you see broadcasted corn on both sides of the fence.

Class B Misdemeanor, not a Class C. Defense to prosecution that the act is protected until the First Amendment.

I've had dealings with that particular piece of code before.

I figured you could do what you want on your own property. That includes being a jerk.
Unfortunately, no.

In my case, if they didnt notify. They do not have permission to hunt

I figured you could do what you want on your own property. That includes being a jerk.

If your neighbor is the one who shoots the motor assembly of my feeder and is also a Deputy Sherrif of Blanco County, then its OK.

If your neighbor is the one who shoots the motor assembly of my feeder and is also a Deputy Sherrif of Blanco County, then its OK.
Not sure that would qualify as "on your own property". But I think I get the point, it's good to donate to election campaigns.

Back to original post the guy suggesting putting a rope across the trail turns my stomach.

Back to original post the guy suggesting putting a rope across the trail turns my stomach.

It's more common that you might think out west. When I was riding LAB2LV in 2012 and 2013 I was following a couple of DS forums in Arizona and California. Riders would report hunters setting booby traps for them from time to time. I guess that everyone's wilderness experience is different.

We've heard stories about booby trap shenanigans up on the K trail in Arkansas for years. Me and another TWT'er were riding in the Ozark mountains on opening weekend a few years ago. We honestly didn't know. Bad mistake. One wack job tried to flatten my partner and his bike with his truck. We ended up relocating to Oklahoma CNT rather than getting shot or ran over by hunters. Yeah, for real. A couple of our group hit a wire stretched across the trail near Cloudcroft couple years back. Right about head high. One guy lost some teeth. Could have been a lot worse. Moral of the story here is that a few crazy folks take their hunting way too seriously and hurting motorcyclists is not beneath them.

Last edited:
A couple of our group hit a wire stretched across the trail near Cloudcroft couple years back. Right about head high.
That's when it's time to report and stay home.
You can't fix that kind of stupid even with duct tape, but you can let them be dumb enough to Darwin.
preferably far away from where you are...

We were on the dragon one fall and rounded a blind curve to find diesel fuel poured across the road from ditch to ditch. Lucky, I could smell it before it was too late and was able to scrub speed and upright the lean.

Back