• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Motoport? Anyone reviews?

It arrived today. Almost two full weeks before they told me it was scheduled for production, so three weeks or so before I expected it.

Initial thoughts
the wrist openings could be bigger. Each has three snaps, the largest opening is comfortable, the middle one is very snug, the smallest opening is unusable.
The emergency information pocket isn't configured like I expected.It only has a small opening, I expected it to open lengthwise.
It's lighter than I expected.

More after I've actually used it. Initial impression is highly positive. Trivial nitpicks only.

A year and a half later, I'm infinitely pleased with my Motoport gear. Thanks again for all the help. But I'm thinking of sending the jacket in for a couple of alterations/add-ons. The sleeve/cuff openings are too small except for the largest one. Motoport suggests enlarging the opening and changing to velcro (from snaps). Thoughts on velcro vs snaps?
The pocket on the left sleeve is so handy, I'm adding one to the right sleeve.
I'm having some sort of pocket installed for my inReach. Anyone have suggestions for placement. Motorport suggests upper chest or top of shoulder but those both seem to be the most probable impact areas in the event of a crash....am I overthinking this? I do tend to get analysis paralysis when making these type of decisions.

As I type this a couple of other things come to mind. Has anyone had any kind of loop or ring sewn in to run a cable through to lock the suit to the bike when away from it? I usually don't bother because it's such a pain to run a cable all the way through a sleeve.
If I do that to the jacket, might as well send the pants in for the same treatment. And if the pants are sent back, I'd consider doing away with the pass through packets and adding real pockets. I NEVER use the pass through because I'm afraid I'll miss the pocket underneath and lose whatever I was trying to put in the pocket.

I still stand by my 2012 review. I can add two medium speed ~30mph getoffs on pavement. I can distinctly recall during the faster of the two feeling the quad armor compress, absorbing a lot of energy.

I love my Roadcrafter two-piece suit, but I will give MotoPort some serious consideration should I ever need to replace this one.

You guys who have purchased Motoport, how were you treated? I have no patience for rudeness or bad customer service, especially when spending so much money.

You guys who have purchased Motoport, how were you treated? I have no patience for rudeness or bad customer service, especially when spending so much money.

I bought mine last year, invoice is for May 2018. I spoke with them on the phone several times and never felt rushed or abused. Just the opposite, they were patient answering my questions and making suggestions without being pushy. I wish I could remember who I dealt with. I'd read all the online stories about Wayne, but had no dealings with him so I can't comment.
Presently I've been emailing back and forth with Roy about the alterations I'm considering. Again, no sign of rudeness and a pleasant experience so far. I just have to decide when to send it back and pull the trigger.

I bought mine last year, invoice is for May 2018. I spoke with them on the phone several times and never felt rushed or abused. Just the opposite, they were patient answering my questions and making suggestions without being pushy. I wish I could remember who I dealt with. I'd read all the online stories about Wayne, but had no dealings with him so I can't comment.
Presently I've been emailing back and forth with Roy about the alterations I'm considering. Again, no sign of rudeness and a pleasant experience so far. I just have to decide when to send it back and pull the trigger.

That's good to hear. I've been looking at them off and on for years but never could pull the trigger, mostly because of price, but those reviews also kept me away.

Back