• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Cheeseburger Loop 12/14

Reaction score
Sorry for the late notice. I’ll be riding Cheeseburger Loop this Saturday 12/14.

Meet in Willis at Whataburger by Kroger’s. 9:00am Kick stands out.

I ride a “big adventure” KTM 1290. I don’t mind riding slow or moderately fast.

Burgers at Yankee’s

See @jfink post below for route

Last edited:
I may be up for it, as long as we stop at Yankee's for a cheeseburger. :) But your route isn't going to work. I run it about once a month, and just ran it about 2 weeks ago. The bridge across Stubblefield Lake is out, has been for a while. Probably won't be back for at least another year, probably more. I've attached an updated route to reflect changes necessary to get around the bridge closure, plus a couple other mistakes in the old version you had posted. I usually start at the Kroger in Willis and run counterclockwise, and I usually don't stop in Montgomery, so my routing may not reflect everything. But I can meet you in Montgomery at the McDonalds.

GPX viewer

Attachments

• 2019_12_CW_CBL.gpx
    259.6 KB · Views: 344
I may be up for it, as long as we stop at Yankee's for a cheeseburger. :) But your route isn't going to work. I run it about once a month, and just ran it about 2 weeks ago. The bridge across Stubblefield Lake is out, has been for a while. Probably won't be back for at least another year, probably more. I've attached an updated route to reflect changes necessary to get around the bridge closure, plus a couple other mistakes in the old version you had posted. I usually start at the Kroger in Willis and run counterclockwise, and I usually don't stop in Montgomery, so my routing may not reflect everything. But I can meet you in Montgomery at the McDonalds.

GPX viewer
Thanks! Post is updated to meet in Willis and use your version.

What time do you think you will get to Yankee's?

Thanks! Post is updated to meet in Willis and use your version.

Seriously, I have ridden up from that direction. I use to live in League City years ago. You pick the place to meet that is best for you and I will be there. This is a loop for me, I will ride it all just one time and cut out when I get close to my place. In fact if you want to come up to my place, we could leave from here. I live about 4 miles from that Kroger in Willis. But you decide, do what's best for you.

What time do you think you will get to Yankee's?

Scott, it depends on where we will leave from and which direction we ride. I suspect we can leave our starting point to be at Yankees around 11:30a. Saturday at Yankees is always busy, if the weather is good. I do really like their cheeseburgers, but they may also have a pretty good grilled cheese? :)

So what's the time back to Willis looking like? I have a thing I have to be at around 4.

Am I gonna be late?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

I'm going to give it a shot today, Hopefully I can make it to Yankees this time, got to have a cheeseburger before the weekenders rush. If you see me on the side of the road stop and say Hello :rider:

I'm going to give it a shot today, Hopefully I can make it to Yankees this time, got to have a cheeseburger before the weekenders rush. If you see me on the side of the road stop and say Hello :rider:
I look forward to hearing about it

Jeff, that section where you had that little problem has been repaired, so you are good to go.

Since there may be more than two of us, why don't we meet gassed and ready in Willis, KSO at 9:00a. There is a Whataburger on the north end of the Kroger parking lot. Scott, if we leave at 9:00a, we should be at Yankees between 11:00 and 11:30a. If we spend an hour at Yankees, that should put us back in Willis around 2:00 to 2:30p.

Since there may be more than two of us, why don't we meet gassed and ready in Willis, KSO at 9:00a. There is a Whataburger on the north end of the Kroger parking lot. Scott, if we leave at 9:00a, we should be at Yankees between 11:00 and 11:30a. If we spend an hour at Yankees, that should put us back in Willis around 2:00 to 2:30p.

Heck, I could even do earlier.

I'm a big nerd and wanna try out my new GPS, does anyone have a .gpx?

Edit: *sigh* nevermind, I just scrolled up and saw it.

Heck, I could even do earlier.

I'm a big nerd and wanna try out my new GPS, does anyone have a .gpx?

Edit: *sigh* nevermind, I just scrolled up and saw it.

I see your nerdiness and raise you a set of dark rim glasses! :)

Here is about every permutation of Cheeseburger that you can imagine. Individual routes are CW for clockwise and CC for Counter Clockwise. There are partial segments to Yankees and back to Kroger, to let us know when we will arrive there. I love this stuff and have been doing it for a while. We can talk at lunch. :) Which GPS do you have? I have all Garmin's (376c, 378, 2x665, BMW Nav V, and 595LM) and generally use the Garmin proprietary GDB files but GPX work as well.

GPX viewer

Attachments

• 2019_12_CheeseBurgerLoop.gdb
    456.2 KB · Views: 302
  • 2019_12_CheeseBurgerLoop.gpx
    1 MB · Views: 374
I see your nerdiness and raise you a set of dark rim glasses! :)

Here is about every permutation of Cheeseburger that you can imagine. Individual routes are CW for clockwise and CC for Counter Clockwise. There are partial segments to Yankees and back to Kroger, to let us know when we will arrive there. I love this stuff and have been doing it for a while. We can talk at lunch. :) Which GPS do you have? I have all Garmin's (376c, 378, 2x665, BMW Nav V, and 595LM) and generally use the Garmin proprietary GDB files but GPX work as well.

GPX viewer
I have a second hand Garmin 62s. Lol Ballin' on a Budget.

Updated.

Man I don't have the "dirtiest" of tires. This oughta be good

What ya got? It's well packed gravel for the most part. If it rains you can manage to find some slickness here and there. Just keep speed down a bit in the corners.

What ya got? It's well packed gravel for the most part. If it rains you can manage to find some slickness here and there. Just keep speed down a bit in the corners.
Dunlop trailmax's that came on the bike. They do alright on the fire roads back there.

I am now an unpaid advocate for the Bridgestone AX41...my favorite tire so far. Just in front of the Mitas E07+. They are much louder on the street though.

Reactions: jmn
Will you be running counter clockwise? Just trying to figure out where I might be able to intercept you so I don't have to get down to Willis by 9:00am :-P

Thinking I'd meet the group where you cross FM 1791. If I leave here at 8:45 or so, I should hit that by 9:15 without any problems. BUT, if I am not there when you get there, don't wait. I am on call for work and there is always the possibility that I might get paged and have to abort even if I am already on the way there.

Last edited:
Will you be running counter clockwise? Just trying to figure out where I might be able to intercept you so I don't have to get down to Willis by 9:00am :-P

Scott, I know EETTU started this thread, but I think from Willis the best way to run is Counter Clockwise. May be intercept you on 1374 near the Burger King / Chevron? If we leave Willis at 9:00a I think it will take 20 or so minutes.

Back