• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

HONDA XR650L OWNER'S SIGN IN

Happy with mine. Let’s go ride.

I'll have another one at some point Been having fun on the FE350 and Indian. I'll probably do Hidden Falls a couple of time before the end of the year, if anyone is interested. I always get lost out there... :loco:

I'll have another one at some point Been having fun on the FE350 and Indian. I'll probably do Hidden Falls a couple of time before the end of the year, if anyone is interested. I always get lost out there... :loco:
I'm interested in hidden falls, never been there, I hear its rough ?
Any maps or info online?

We still sell sprockets and other items for the bike on eBay.
I've seen a lot about the XR650L on FB and now even on Reddit !!
Adv Rider is still an active group.

Attachments

• IMG_0608.JPG
    IMG_0608.JPG
    291.8 KB · Views: 421
  • i-sLzhSNM-L.jpg
    i-sLzhSNM-L.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 385
We still sell sprockets and other items for the bike on eBay.
I've seen a lot about the XR650L on FB and now even on Reddit !!
Adv Rider is still an active group.
I finally bought the 13T and 16T front sprocket. Any pics of how you modified the sprocket cover to fit the 16T?

I run a Cycleracks rack on mine and just strap the rotopax tank under the bag I put on top of it.

I run a Cycleracks rack on mine and just strap the rotopax tank under the bag I put on top of it.
That is all I want to do. A 2 gallon under small rear bag. I do want to drill two holes for rotopax mount. I have a 5 gallon tank I will put on if not happy with the rotopax.

Put the stock rear pouch on front fender maybe to keep paperwork in plastic baggie.

Attachments

• 1-11-20.jpg
    1-11-20.jpg
    132.6 KB · Views: 453
  • 1-11-2020.jpg
    1-11-2020.jpg
    151.6 KB · Views: 432
OK TW-XRL'ers out there, school me on CDI.

Mine has just failed. At least all the symptoms are indicating that. I see "factory replacement" on ebay for $16, or what appears to be actual honda parts from various online retailers for $40 to $100. Then, there's Megajolt and ignitech that appear to alter ignition timing and unleash amazing HP gains for $150-ish.

So, what's an ignorant fella to do? Any reason (other than dough) NOT to go with the hopped up aftermarket magic black boxes for perhaps some additional power? Or, is there any good reason not to buy two of the $40 boxes and just call it a day? What did y'all do?

Oh, and to maybe be useful:
That is all I want to do. A 2 gallon under small rear bag. I do want to drill two holes for rotopax mount. I have a 5 gallon tank I will put on if not happy with the rotopax.
I have a 2.5 gal roto between my cycleracks and bag. The problem with this setup, IMO, is how high and horizontal this makes the tank. It's OK when totally full or totally empty, but REALLY annoying when half-full. The fuel slosh becomes quite annoying when flipping from side to side - two seconds after a one-side-to-other turn and 10 pounds of fuel sloshes over (20" of travel) and I just don't like it. The far back end of the rack is 42" up there and behind the rear wheel. Exactly where you don't want a decent amount of movable weight. Anyway, I'm going to find a way to move away from this (specifically by replacing my Clarke 4.7 (which should really be called 4.0 gal since it can't fully drain) with Acerbis 5.8 Gal and tossing a couple 30OZ fuel bottles in side cases when needed).

Mine will be full or empty. I got it mostly for security in pushing to the next gas stop. If i run out I will fill tank and rotopac at station. I used to get nervous at 80 miles . no more. I just like the small factory tank look and feel. The reserve on stock is a joke. Have to slosh gas to petcock. I got the 1.75 gal. Where i could always empty it. I don't do long rides at my age ☺

I've heard not so great things about the Chinese black box. Mixed reviews on the hopped up ones. Personally, I'd get a stocker, and send your old one to the dude that rebuilds them for cheap on advrider in the XR650L forum.

Clark 4.+ works great, about 170 miles which plenty for most rides unless you camping in remote Mexico, then a 1 or 2 gallon rotopax strapped to rear rack...here is with 1 gallon setup
IMG-20191016-WA0058.jpg

Back