• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Pie run XII: Moose head cafe, Crockett 12-28-19

Here's the group photo from today. Great ride up and back - only a little rain; over all, not bad. Temps for us held steady 68 to 78 degrees the entire day.
IMG_1706.JPG

It was an interesting pie run. Not as wet as I was expecting, so I was surprised by how few showed up. The food was good and the pie was great. I had a Mississippi Mud Pie ala mode.

Do to a unforeseen problem in Bryan, TX I made it back to San Antonio around 7:30PM. The Wing died on me at a red light. I had no electrical power. Thanks to a tow truck driver I was able to push the (heavy 🤬🤬) bike off the road. Called GEICO awaited 😴 for the tow truck that was not equipped to tow a motorcycle and two guys that were nice and professional but clueless. Got the bike to Greathouse Honda in Bryan 5 minutes before closing. They had me going in about 15 minutes at no cost (two thumbs up👍👍). With that said, it was still a great ride.

What was wrong with the bike?

A loose bolt on the ground of the battery. I know, I’m an idiot. I was sure it was going to be a blown fuse and had no tools or fusesso I didn’t even take the time to look. Lost 2-2.5 hours for something I could of fix in under a minute or two. 😞

Don't beat yourself up, we have all had an incident like that before. Glad you got home safe and still had a good time. 😁

A loose bolt on the ground of the battery. I know, I’m an idiot. I was sure it was going to be a blown fuse and had no tools or fusesso I didn’t even take the time to look. Lost 2-2.5 hours for something I could of fix in under a minute or two. 😞

Join the club, I once lost the C25 connector in Tyler and had to have my wife come up from Houston to pick me up. If I had known where to start, it would have been much easier just to fix it. There are so many potential points which might cause a Wing not to start, it is hard to pick one to start with ;-)

Join the club, I once lost the C25 connector in Tyler and had to have my wife come up from Houston to pick me up. If I had known where to start, it would have been much easier just to fix it. There are so many potential points which might cause a Wing not to start, it is hard to pick one to start with ;-)

What is a C25 connector? My last Wing was an '06 and the only thing I did to it was add gas. :lol2:

I believe on the '01-11, the C25 connector joins the ignition to the bike harness under the right hand side of the top shelter. It's famous for corroding and causing the bike not to start. I can't complain about my '04, which is over in Germany right now. It hasn't been perfect, but it has be relatively trouble free for a vehicle with 150,000 miles. The main things I have had to do are maintenance and add gas (oh, and that one time in Europe where I added diesel :))

Back