• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

HOUSTON: Sold

Reaction score
I am selling my BMW GS helmet. I purchased it in France about 1 year ago. I've worn it less than 5 times. I'm a true size 59 cm so if that's you it will fit perfect. If you're a 58 cm it will be fine as well but it might be snug if you're a size 60 cm. It's a US Large if you're not sure about the Euro size. It comes with its own BMW bag. I have a pair of goggles that comes with it (not BMW brand) if you want to remove the face shield.

BMW helmets are made by Schuberth:
Schuberth produces motorcycle helmets designed specifically for aerodynamic performance, and produces the helmets BMWMotorrad supplies under their own name.
https://en.wikipedia.org › wiki › Schuberth

Paid 560 euros or $620.

Lowered price to $420 OBO.

986309278_n.jpg?_nc_ht=instagram.fhou1-1.fna.fbcdn.jpg

364504167_n.jpg?_nc_ht=instagram.fhou1-2.fna.fbcdn.jpg

108322837_n.jpg?_nc_ht=instagram.fhou1-1.fna.fbcdn.jpg

710583997_n.jpg?_nc_ht=instagram.fhou1-2.fna.fbcdn.jpg

130337732_n.jpg?_nc_ht=instagram.fhou1-2.fna.fbcdn.jpg

Last edited:
Schuberth produces motorcycle helmets designed specifically for aerodynamic performance, and produces the helmets BMWMotorrad supplies under their own name.
https://en.wikipedia.org › wiki › Schuberth

Yes, I read where you stated Schuberth manufactures the helmet as an OEM for BMW. I know Schuberth to be a quality manufacturer of motorcycle helmets. However, I do not see a DOT label on the helmet. On the French BMW website, it states the helmet is ECE 22.05 rated (which I believe is superior to the DOT rating anyway), but does not list it as DOT. Hence my question, is it DOT rated?

Yes, I read where you stated Schuberth manufactures the helmet as an OEM for BMW. I know Schuberth to be a quality manufacturer of motorcycle helmets. However, I do not see a DOT label on the helmet. On the French BMW website, it states the helmet is ECE 22.05 rated (which I believe is superior to the DOT rating anyway), but does not list it as DOT. Hence my question, is it DOT rated?

How can it be DOT rated if I bought it in France? BMW does not sell helmets in the US.

DOT = Don't Over Think it.

How can it be DOT rated if I bought it in France? BMW does not sell helmets in the US.

DOT = Don't Over Think it.

The Bell helmet in my avatar pic is both DOT and ECE rated yet I bought it here in the U.S. I was not aware that BMW did not sell helmets in the U.S.

DOT = Legal. Not DOT = Not legal for street use. Hence, my question.

GLWS.

The Bell helmet in my avatar pic is both DOT and ECE rated yet I bought it here in the U.S. I was not aware that BMW did not sell helmets in the U.S.

DOT = Legal. Not DOT = Not legal for street use. Hence, my question.

GLWS.

if you buy a Bell helmet in France or Europe it will not be DOT.

If you just wanted to point out the obvious - as seen in the pictures I posted, you could have just limit yourself to one post. Thank you for going the extra mile.

• Haha
Reactions: Vec
I wore a Nolan N104 I bought in Germany for a few years until it reached its 5 year limit. Never had an issue and was active duty military at the time. If you like it, buy it. You can always buy a DOT sticker.

if you buy a Bell helmet in France or Europe it will not be DOT.

If you just wanted to point out the obvious - as seen in the pictures I posted, you could have just limit yourself to one post. Thank you for going the extra mile.

I did not want to say if it was or was not because I did not know, hence why I asked. Instead of a simple yes or no, your reply was Schuberth manufactured the helmet for BMW.

Back