• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Cheeseburger Saturday 2-15 Anyone?

It's probably 70 dirt / 30 pavement. But most of the pavement isn't fast, it's mostly back country roads. You should be fine.

How much is pavement? I wanna ride the 450 but don’t want to get left behind on the pavement. 65 mph is all I got comfortably.
It's probably 70 dirt / 30 pavement. But most of the pavement isn't fast, it's mostly back country roads. You should be fine.
That.

Come on out. I'm a no man left behind type. And I mean it.

How much is pavement? I wanna ride the 450 but don’t want to get left behind on the pavement. 65 mph is all I got comfortably.
This is a very easy, fun route with lots of dirt and backwoods hardtop, nice scenery. Really only extended highway is at the end getting back to Montgomery area.

Probably won't be this wet this weekend,lol!

Not much. San1k and myself rode it about a month ago. Him on a KLX250 and me on a cb500x. 65 will work just fine.

Is there a map of the cheeseburger loop? No go this weekend, but near future planning and going [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is there a map of the cheeseburger loop? No go this weekend, but near future planning and going [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Here's a link to my Dropbox. The CB loop is in there along with my entire GPX library. The CB loop can't be ride exactly as the file shows it since the Stubblefield bridge is still out. Also, most of the routes are not mine and many are old. I can't confirm they're passable.

Edit: forgot the link.

Last edited:
Peter, here is a picture of the map that I plan to do tomorrow. It includes a work around for the Stubblefield bridge closure, that they are supposed to fix this year (yeah right!). Also, it includes another route, in purple, that I am thinking of trying to append to the route. I have been 2/3rds the way down it but ran into water covering the road for about a quarter of a mile and I was by myself. I have also attached the Garmin file (.gpd) and a generic GPX file (.gpx) if you have something to view them with.
LbVvLBG3NbX8-bn-G8_k0eJfY3Q2mz4SVoYak=w882-h604-no.jpg

GPX viewer

Attachments

• 2020FebCheeseburger.gdb
    122 KB · Views: 223
  • 2020FebCheeseburger.gpx
    279.5 KB · Views: 235
I have so many routes through that area it looks like spaghetti on my Basecamp map. I could string together 20 different "cheeseburger loops"!

The one I typically run is, iirc, the old "CB loop v2". I do tend to improvise though. I don't guarantee I'll follow any route exactly, especially in areas I know. Best bet is to come to the morning meet up and tag along.

I was actually planning to sit down at the computer tonight and decide on exactly what route I'm going to do. I might even stitch together something new. The basics will be a start in Montgomery and a lunch stop at Yankee's.

The one I typically run is, iirc, the old "CB loop v2". I do tend to improvise though. I don't guarantee I'll follow any route exactly, especially in areas I know. Best bet is to come to the morning meet up and tag along.

I was actually planning to sit down at the computer tonight and decide on exactly what route I'm going to do. I might even stitch together something new. The basics will be a start in Montgomery and a lunch stop at Yankee's.

Thanks, I think I will stick with my plan to catch up with you somewhere.

I know it's late, but here's the stitched together route I plan to run tomorrow.

GPX viewer

Attachments

• Cheeseburger Loop WW.gpx
    251.1 KB · Views: 202
Last edited:
You might possibly see me and Sarah running two up on my GS heading West toward Brenham. We're going to look at a possible bike for her to start learning better skills so she can get a permit.

You might possibly see me and Sarah running two up on my GS heading West toward Brenham. We're going to look at a possible bike for her to start learning better skills so she can get a permit.
Sorry you're not joining us, but it couldn't be for a better cause. What are you going to look at?

Back