• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

The Best of Big Bend Photo Thread

I realize KTMs can be kind of tall, but how do you carry that ladder around everywhere!? :-P

Ha! Funny you caught that. That’s my brother trying to mount my bike. I was attempting to convince him that all bikes with long suspension travel sit high. He was whining about the seat height on his recently purchased XR650L that I was in the the process of backing off the preload nut to lower as much as possible on site.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ha! Funny you caught that. That’s my brother trying to mount my bike. I was attempting to convince him that all bikes with long suspension travel sit high. He was whining about the seat height on his recently purchased XR650L that I was in the the process of backing off the preload nut to lower as much as possible on site.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
As the child throws his hands up in utter disgust.

2013_Big_Bend_solo_015.jpg

Glad to see this get booted back upstairs. Here is one from a few years back.

Last edited:
Very nice. Haven't seen snow there, but I usually went in December and January and have experienced plenty of below freezing nights... in a tent. Actually the mornings were the worst crawling out of my Army artic rated sleeping bag and the cocoon I rigged up in my tent. Here's a picture of the setup

And my campsite buddy.

Changed the pic due to it being on the previous page. Always go in the winter and sometimes get snow. Really cool being out there then.

As for rain, we didn't see as much as they did up on the NE side of houston. Thanks for asking. 👍

Good to hear your high and dry. Santa Fe has had it kinda rough the last couple of years. Any word on that crazy monkey running around?

Dont hear anymore about it, think it was a hoax.

^ Awesome nigh shot! Crazy star gazing at BB.
Thanks, but I wish I could take full credit. I did take the shot but at about 2:00PM with a full sunny day. With Luminar4 one click changed the sky and with a slider I changed the temperature. It turned a nice daytime photo into a cool night shot. :rider:

The great photo also got my attention, especially since I have decided to learn night photography. I hadn't heard of Luminar4. I looked it up and read about it, and now I am definitely going to get it. Thanks for the photos and mention of the software.

Thanks, but I wish I could take full credit. I did take the shot but at about 2:00PM with a full sunny day. With Luminar4 one click changed the sky and with a slider I changed the temperature. It turned a nice daytime photo into a cool night shot. :rider:

Here’s one from this past summer. Look close and you’ll see the full moon setting over the Chisos as the sun rises behind me. This was on my Iron Butt “Ride Around Texas” journey.

I have been to BB twice, once to BBNP and once to Big Bend Ranch SP. Both times in car, as I don't have an ADV bike. The BBNP trip we stayed in Alpine and went into the park for day hikes. We also visited Marfa and the McDonald Observatory in Fr. Davis.

BBRSP we camped deep in the interior - my Outback handled the roads like a champ, even one of the Jeep trails we didn't know we were on till we got halfway down a gulch and decided that was a bit much.

I'm headed to BB next month in March and hope to add some nice pics. I'll be doing a ton of star gazing and video blogging.

Back