• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

A-spear Ranch.

250F went to a new home yesterday, it was bittersweet watching it get strapped down to someone elses trailer, but it went to a great guy who wants to ride with his grandkids so I could not think of a better place for a good bike to go
Glad y'all made a deal! Its It's currently sitting in my shop till the ride day. David, jim and the kids rode today while I was at the race

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Glad y'all made a deal! Its It's currently sitting in my shop till the ride day. David, jim and the kids rode today while I was at the race

so that begs the question- how did the race go?

so that begs the question- how did the race go?
Not well, riding here and practicing at the race the 450 was awesome, but at race intensity I couldn't hold on.i made a lap and a half before I realized I needed to pull off. I've never had arm pump that bad. I'll be racing the 300 next time

Not well, riding here and practicing at the race the 450 was awesome, but at race intensity I couldn't hold on.i made a lap and a half before I realized I needed to pull off. I've never had arm pump that bad. I'll be racing the 300 next time

I heard that the 450s could be a handful and take a different type of mindset to be smooth on on singletrack situations, amazing power and torque but that that combo can also quickly wear you out.

Always wanted to try a modern 450 just have not as of yet, and when a young whippersnapper as yourself gets fatigued on one it may beat and old fart to death and I am not done on this rock yet

I heard that the 450s could be a handful and take a different type of mindset to be smooth on on singletrack situations, amazing power and torque but that that combo can also quickly wear you out.

Always wanted to try a modern 450 just have not as of yet, and when a young whippersnapper as yourself gets fatigued on one it may beat and old fart to death and I am not done on this rock yet
It will still be here for my ride days. Your welcome to try it

I’m ready for the next ride day, time to start getting good at riding sand! The FX has been great so far, it’s amazing how much better this bike is compared to the WRR

There is a chance of rain this weekend. Will post an update Thursday.

As for march, Matt Geryk a long time zars member will be moving out of state in april. Due to that they declined to renew their zars membership. We will be hosting a last ride with Matt day sometime in March. Stay tuned for dates on that

Trails got some rain, forecast for the weekend looks good.

Don't miss out on some good conditions, we aren't always this lucky!

I promise I'll make it out there for a work day. But it won't be this weekend. You cats try not to have too much fun.

There will be more riding than working, work crew is pretty full already and plenty of guys are coming just to ride.

According to my step counter we got about 4 of the 9 mile loop trimmed before I waved the flag. :giveup:Looked like a good turn out and thanks to the riders for not running me over as I walked the track. Also got to meet Sams dad who is wayyy cooler than him:rofl:

According to my step counter we got about 4 of the 9 mile loop trimmed before I waved the flag. :giveup:Looked like a good turn out and thanks to the riders for not running me over as I walked the track. Also got to meet Sams dad who is wayyy cooler than him:rofl:

Dam right with that one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Due to issues with the gentleman who leases the property to run cattle this will be the last ride day that we have for quite awhile. Hopefully we can figure something out.

Thank you to everyone who has ever come out to ride or help clear trail. As of now, A-Spear Ranch is closed to the public. If anything changes I'll let yall know.

Due to issues with the gentleman who leases the property to run cattle this will be the last ride day that we have for quite awhile. Hopefully we can figure something out.

Thank you to everyone who has ever come out to ride or help clear trail. As of now, A-Spear Ranch is closed to the public. If anything changes I'll let yall know.

That's too bad, you did a lot of work out there. Can you still ride it yourself? Hopefully this didn't get "ugly" yesterday for you.

That's too bad, you did a lot of work out there. Can you still ride it yourself? Hopefully this didn't get "ugly" yesterday for you.
Until my dad talks to him, I dont know if I can even ride it.

Once his lease is up we will find someone to run cows who is less narrow minded.

Nothing got ugly. I had more that 30 people there so we finished out the day.

Come on to SHNF!! Here lately riding areas disappearing way too fast. Hear Sterling might be sold/selling. No new land obviously and folks keep moving out to the country, sad. Pushing us out just like they do wildlife.

Come on to SHNF!! Here lately riding areas disappearing way too fast. Hear Sterling might be sold/selling. No new land obviously and folks keep moving out to the country, sad. Pushing us out just like they do wildlife.
I will make it out eventually. Might have to get a zars membership as well.

Thanks for all the effort you put into making a riding place. I enjoyed it the times I was able to make it.
We will be back. Down but not out. The legend of A-spear ranch will have to live on for a while until the revival, and when we do come back we will figure out something big to do

Back