• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

2/29/20 Groveton Adventure Ride

Reaction score
I'm going to give my most challenging local route a go this Saturday. New Waverly to Groveton. There will be sand. There may be mud. There will be 2 creek crossings. There will also be Mexican for lunch in Groveton. We've had several big bikes through this route in the past without issue. I'll be on my Africa Twin. Don't be afraid to come out. We'll get you through and I'll never leave anyone behind!

Meetup will be at the Valero in New Waverly, 9317 TX-75 N, New Waverly, TX 77358, since Waverly House has sadly closed. Meet at 0900, KSU at 0930. Please fill your gas tanks and take a leak before 0930. There are numerous places to get gas along the route, but please let me know that morning if you have a less than 100 mile range.

In:

1) William Wolfen
2) my6
3)
4)
5)

GPX viewer

Attachments

• Woods_Guy_Groveton.gpx
    170.3 KB · Views: 256
Last edited:
Just so no one gets confused, that is a Circle K now.

If that road before Point Blank is wet, this could be you, lol! Disclaimer, IT WON'T BE!

Are you aware that the Pie Run is in Fairfield this weekend?

I'll ride dirt there and back in your honor then :-P
Enjoy. You're an hour and a half of highway riding closer than I am. I'd have to leave at 0800 and ride freeways just to get to Fairfield by 1100. It's just too far for me to enjoy on the necessary time schedule.

I've ordered a throttle lock, so maybe the long distance stuff will be easier with that. This whole arm thing is getting old, but I'm not sure it'll ever be 100% again.

Last edited:
Wait till arthritis says hello to you buddy...I get aches and pains that come and go all the time now at 64. But I'm not stopping.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Wait till arthritis says hello to you buddy...I get aches and pains that come and go all the time now at 64. But I'm not stopping.

It runs in my family. I know what I'm in for. I'm just dealing with some leftover muscle issues from my last crash. Hopefully having the throttle lock to get my hand off the bar occasionally will help.

It runs in my family. I know what I'm in for. I'm just dealing with some leftover muscle issues from my last crash. Hopefully having the throttle lock to get my hand off the bar occasionally will help.
You could also just take your hand off the throttle more often. Of course this will take you outta warp factor. I'm a pretty cool dude, it's okay to ride in the back with me. 🤣🤣

One you have electronic cruise control, it is hard to go back!!

You could also just take your hand off the throttle more often. Of course this will take you outta warp factor. I'm a pretty cool dude, it's okay to ride in the back with me. 🤣🤣
It's kinda hard to lead from the back...
One you have electronic cruise control, it is hard to go back!!
I imagine it is. Maybe one day.

68 here and worn out, did 200 miles today anyway, 150 dirt or worn out back roads!

That's what sick days are for! ;)
Honestly can't afford it and Saturday is only day they truly need me. Haven't a had a Saturday off since July when I started, asked for the 14th so I can do my workday obligation at Cycleland, so still not a free Saturday.

I did half the cheeseburger loop yesterday then took off exploring on the other side of Bedias and Iola, roads were dry. Pretty confident your loop will be ok if no more rain. Lot of wind up here today, might be dusty by then.

Back