• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

AUSTIN: Thursday Austin Lunch M&G - 11:00 (Billy's on Burnet)

Now I guess you can't sit and eat, only food to go. That won't work for me.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Now I guess you can't sit and eat, only food to go. That won't work for me.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
Billy's has tables outside and the weather is getting nicer. I may ride in Thursday.

According to Billy's FB page their hours are 12-8, they only have take-out and beer to go (growlers and crowlers). I don't believe you'd be allowed to eat on their patio because of the emergency orders.

I know you can't drink beer on premise even on the patio.

I won't be going to Billy's until marshal law is lifted.

Hey JT. Is Bastrop on lock down. You find a place I will ride there just to see you. Been too long. I promise I will stay 6 feet away.

Isn't Dave out that way? Be nice to see some of ya'll again.

Sam

Hey JT. Is Bastrop on lock down. You find a place I will ride there just to see you. Been too long. I promise I will stay 6 feet away.

Isn't Dave out that way? Be nice to see some of ya'll again.

Sam
Hey Sam! I'm in Coupland, about 40 minutes ride from Bastrop (or 25 minutes JT speed). So far it looks like they aren't in a shutdown marshal law. State limit 10 with a 6 foot antisocial zone.

Melody has been on extended spring break, she's been home since March 7. We've been going to Taylor and grabbing take-out from locally owned restaurants to help them stay in business. I hope Billy's is still around when this is over. We've been grabbing crowlers and refilling my growler at The Loose Screw in Taylor, want them to stay in business. Sadly not every establishment will survive. The City of Hutto just laid off 48 employees. That said, when I'm off on Thursdays (like today) I'll stay local to support local businesses so won't be going to Austin and Billy's until the restrictions are lifted. While at work I bring sandwiches since I never know when or if I'll be able to take a lunch break. Sandwiches every work day gets old.

Hi Sam and Dave, Sorry I didn't see the last few posts. I don't know of any place we can meet and be socially acceptable. Of course thats never really been a concern before, but I am gettin old...
Where can we meet?

I just saw this. Sorry spent the morning fabing & welding up a new ash clean-out drawer for the BBQ grill. Was rewarded with a great New York strip the wife picked up during her shopping. But if y'all can find someplace to meet I am about out of projects here at the house. Have not been out on the VFR in months. Need some ride time.

Sam

On our way back to Austin this week. May cook burgers out back on the grill and watch the ponies run around the pasture.
Or just watch the grass grow.
Tom

It'll be nice to go to lunch with normal people again. This time spent with my wife has been... um ... We need to see other people. I'm finding ways to distance at home. Though I haven't been tested for antibodies I'm pretty sure I had the virus in late December and early January. At least I'm still going to work every week and see other people and socialize with my coworkers and others that don't know how to behave in a polite society. She stays home and may video conference. Not the same. We both went to visit friends last week, exercising our constitutional right to free movement and possibly suffering the wrath of alarmists should they find out. It was so nice talking with others in person (stayed 2 hours and had a few beers) just like it will be when the restaurants are allowed to open for normal business again. Until then our 7 acres of bliss is keeping us distant to everyone including neighbors. City life is not living.

On our way back to Austin this week. May cook burgers out back on the grill and watch the ponies run around the pasture.
Or just watch the grass grow.
Tom
There's been a lot of grass cutting at our place lately, something to do.

I don't have any ponies to watch, but I have been cutting a lot of grass lately. :headbang: Maybe I should get some cows...moo! No then I have to deal with Homeland Security over mad cow disease.
Cooked steaks & chicken out on the grill again. Went over to the neighbors house to look at the mower that would not move. All the while keeping distant, battery was dead, then there was no gas. Once I got it started she was right ...it wouldn't move. Belt shredded, I ain't fixing that.
The whole time I had a job, working I wished I could stay home and knock out projects for myself. OK I'm just about to start the second page of projects. I am sitting here remembering my Dad saying "be careful what you wish for"! :bow: Yeah something else he was right about.
Mrs. C refuses to go anywhere, until the frig is empty. I ask her to give me the list, I will GO! Please! I guess she doesn't like the snacks I bring home. :eat3:
Anyway just waiting for someone to give me a destination for a lunch meet. But I guess the window has closed and the whole state is in lock down. Bikes are ready, I might remember how to ride when all this is over. I hope. Who knew it would not be zombies who bring us down, but the lack of toilet paper and no Sears catalog!
Y'all stay safe.

Sam

Yep, I'm letting the cows do the mowing:
IMG20200415162716.jpg

Oh. Jeff. That is awesome. Black Angus? Great looking place. No noise from the neighbors I would guess.

I think I will spend tomorrow napping out in the back, in the shade. Dreaming of, Oh give me a home where the buffalo roam ..... home home on the range!

Sorry I just had to google Gene Autry's version.

Sam

Moving sucks.
Just a comment about something I am all too familiar with lately.
Tom:headbang:

Tom, are you here? Are you there? Where are you, :scratch: anywhere? Perhaps on a train, or maybe on a plane? Have you been on the boat... does it float? I hope you are not driving back & forth in a car, if so, stay out of the bar. :party: You say you are going to watch the ponies run, is that just for fun?
You have changed you location to Arizona, that seems as far as Barcelona. Definitely, must be as hot, I hope you like it a lot! :sun:
This is not real funny but I 'am not seeing much money. :nana: Truly I wish to know your status, I guess lunch is out, cause I don't have the PPE apparatus.

If I don't get out soon this could get even worse. :moon:

Sam

WOW, Sam ,you're killing me.
I cannot match that. We are now in far east side Buda. I heard they call it the fashion district.
Sam, you are a real poet, and didn't know it. But your toes show it, 'cause they are long fellows.
Tom

I'm back to working Thursdays until May 14. Maybe the dictators that lord over us will allow us to be social again by then. I did go riding the less traveled county roads with Jerry last week, that was fun. Not on the same bike, we had our own. Pretty much the only riding I've been doing lately.

According to a KVUE article today, Billy's will be open again tomorrow. No more than 6 per table and tables must be 6 feet apart - that's what the governor mandates. Many more Austin area restaurants will also be open. Not just takeout but we're allowed to actually sit down and eat. What privileges.

We are waiting for some good Tex-Mex. Sit down with too many chips Tex-Mex.
Here's the view from the back porch.

Attachments

• EnviroPort-2.jpg
    EnviroPort-2.jpg
    639.1 KB · Views: 160
Reactions: cdc
According to a KVUE article today, Billy's will be open again tomorrow. No more than 6 per table and tables must be 6 feet apart - that's what the governor mandates. Many more Austin area restaurants will also be open. Not just takeout but we're allowed to actually sit down and eat. What privileges.

Billy's Facebook says they are opting to stay pick up only for a while longer.

Back