• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Drifters temp closed (still)

woodsguy

Ride Red
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Vaughan
Drifters Beer N BBQ
May 1 at 8:16 PM ·
Drifters will be closed until further notice.
Sorry for any inconvenience, TABC shut us down today due to the Montgomery county judge going along with the governors orders.
TABC and the sheriffs department will be monitoring the property and have told us we cannot allow anyone on the premises at this time.

For those that don't this is on 149, little off the cheeseburger loop but thought some of you might frequent it. FYI

I'm trying to figure out what they did wrong . I think silverbullet and I stopped in there one time , but I'm not sure about it.

My guess would be they didn't serve food so technically was a bar only. They had a stand alone food trailer on the premises but would that allow the bar to be open since separate?

All above is speculation since I haven't stopped there in 2-3 years. 3 weeks ago I drove by and they were open I believe. Actually surprised me.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

I'm trying to figure out what they did wrong . I think silverbullet and I stopped in there one time , but I'm not sure about it.
I think they tried to open as a food establishment, have to wait till they open for bars. My 2 cents.

Probably someone who is in local unity government who also owns a “food” serving establishment using their goons to snuff out fledgling competition.

I wonder if these businesses who have been shut down by the government still have to pay taxes to the same government that shut them down?

Probably someone who is in local unity government who also owns a “food” serving establishment using their goons to snuff out fledgling competition.

I wonder if these businesses who have been shut down by the government still have to pay taxes to the same government that shut them down?
3 guesses, first two don't count.

Where is the cheeseburger loop? Where is 149?

Where is the cheeseburger loop? Where is 149?
Hwy 149 from Anderson area south to Magnolia or so. Great curvy road the sport riders and pirates run from Houston to Yankees Tavern for a beer and cheeseburger. Drifters was a stop if bar hopping on the way to Yankees.

They have been closed since the shutdown started ,still riders would stop and take advantage of the shade and picnic tables. Rode by a week or so ago and there must have been 50-60 bikes there , but he was closed. Was going to re-open Saturday, I guess that did not work out.

Literally the fun police put an end to that today,,, cant have anyone having fun or socializing ya know.... plus I suspect the place is competition for another well connected pub owner who is also a politician in the area. Just serving and protecting and carrying out orders.

Never been to the place myself, but did see that big crowd last week.

They have been closed since the shutdown started ,still riders would stop and take advantage of the shade and picnic tables. Rode by a week or so ago and there must have been 50-60 bikes there , but he was closed. Was going to re-open Saturday, I guess that did not work out.

BTW, if your are looking for something besides burgers on the Cheeseburger loop try M-Beaxs. Really good cajun food, and the Beax-dogs are incredible.

BTW, if your are looking for something besides burgers on the Cheeseburger loop try M-Beaxs. Really good cajun food, and the Beax-dogs are incredible.
Never been there, need to give it a shot!

Stopped by this weekend on the 1290 SDR, lots of Harley and Honda people there. Seems like a nice place.

Ate there the first time I did the Cheeseburger loop....not bad. Decent prices... personally found some of the decor offensive so not my kinda place.

I went by there a week or so before bars or restaurants (sit down meals) were allowed to be open. Folks were sitting at tables. I don't know if they were eating or drinking. That day, a lot of Montgomery Sheriff vehicles went down that way. After that the TABC shut them down. Not sure of the status 5-28-20.

Went by today. They are open . Limited food (no brisket), cold drinks outside seating only ,6 max per table ,one at a time in restroom. Good for pit stop.

Back