• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Ladies, riding pants?

Monica

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
I know we have a few ladies around here with some practical input on gear, I could use your help. I'm shopping for some dual sport riding pants and there's a lot out there. I'm trying to save myself some time and narrow my search so I don't have to try on a bunch of things just to luck out.

I'm currently in 2 pants depending on the weather/time of year. For summer I'm in vented Klims. And for the cool/cold I'm in women's FieldSheer with a removeable insulation liner and wind liner. Unfortunately each pair has specific issues I'd like to solve in getting a next pair or two. I bought both used off the classifieds and they've served me well but their time is up.

FieldSheer have been great in their fitting, and cold weather protection - I wear them alot. Unfortunately they tore at the hip seams on the outer shell. I think I tore them up when I push the bike around (I'm all legs). They have small pockets tucked up too high and are deep so stuff is there either gets lost or is positioned right in my leg crease so I get jabbed.

Klims are temperature comfortable in the summer being so vented. The big lower thigh pockets are good to carry stuff. and they do not interfere when I bend my legs, ride sit or stand The material is durable and they look good. However they are a men's cut, so the hips and waist are very narrow and they're high cut, so I feel like a sausage. The waistband sits right on my belly button ring, that hurts.

So I realize I'm looking at two pants - winter and summer which is fine. So what's out there that has good protection (I do use the knee armor), pockets in a good position, lower cut waist, good venting, and are easy to get in and out of? I'm 5'3" ~120lbs with a butt and muscular thighs...ie, a girl could use some room for comfort. For the cost I'd like to not pay half a mortgage however if I'm going to invest like that the pants better be worth it. The nearest stores to try on gear are 30min away. If I go I want to make my time worth it. Thanks.

You could try Olympia or tourmaster brands. They’re roomier where it matters. I’m pretty sure revzilla has a free return policy if you want to search there for possible finds.

All I can say is Good Luck!

You and I couldn't be built more differently. I can get by with men's although I would love to have a pair of women's pants.

What’s your inseam?

Have you looked at revzilla’s website? They do in-depth reviews.

Right now they have several Klim models at good prices.

My gf has been eyeing the Revit Tornado 3 for her summer suit, it has a women’s version. Looks cool and not terribly expensive.

Duchess and Ocho, thanks, I'll check those out.

Gina I'm a 28" inseam, measured from top to floor. If measuring to ankle bone, it's about 25". I usually order from Revzilla, they are super fast and yes they're good with reviews...except for that annoying guy who does weird stuff with his voice :whatever:

Well so far tonight I've been poking around, mainly at Klim's Artemis and Altitude. Yah, half a mortgage. The features and fit are appealing, it wouldn't be that hard to talk myself into them. I saw the Klim Altitude on sale for $349 at Revzilla. Almost jumped at them but saw they are the previous version that doesn't have pockets or adjustable pant leg at the bottom. I've already caught my peg before not having the current Klim's cinched enough, scared the cheese outta me. I definitely gotta have adjustable pant leg. And yes pockets.

As for color this time, I thought I'd move away from black (it's hot).
I like these new Altitude's for $519
1591079327818.png

"I usually order from Revzilla, they are super fast and yes they're good with reviews...except for that annoying guy who does weird stuff with his voice :whatever: " - Bwahaa!

I'm not a woman so please take or leave my comment at your discretion.

I just checked and they don't make a women's Dakar pant, which sucks. I would recommend calling Klim and getting a sister on the phone (their phone support is excellent) and posing the question to them. I'll bet they can find you a set of Dakar's that will be close. I think men's pants in general have a lower waist, so that may help. The Dakar's are excellent pants, and they can be had for half the price of Altitudes.

You could have a custom pair made just for you at motoport.com in that price range.

You could have a custom pair made just for you at motoport.com in that price range.

That's a very good point Joel.

Monica, Motoports are probably the most protection you could get. Can't beat the quality or durability either.

Hey there. Woman here. I am, like you, also all legs (inseam ~31 inches).

For winter, I have a pair of Tourmaster pants that have lasted me a few years. They have a removable Thinsulate liner, they keep me warm, and they are comfortable. My only gripe with them is with the velcro that covers the side zippers on the legs. The velcro strip folds over and sticks to itself, rather than sticking to the soft side that it's supposed to. As a result, the zippers aren't covered. That said, the zippers are really water and weather tight. I'm cold blooded and tend to commute in temps down the mid-30s. I've never noticed a draft. Also? It's a winter pant, so they look a bit bulky, even on slim frames like mine. I can't help you on the pockets for these. I don't use them, because my winter jacket is a longer touring cut that covers the pockets for the most part, so I use my jacket pockets.

For summer, I am still wearing my old Joe Rocket Phoenix mesh pants. They are durable and comfortable. The mesh allows for a decent amount of air flow. In the heat of summer, I wear a pair of shorts underneath. The pockets are a slanted, zippered pocket that are a little high, but not uncomfortably so.

Both Tourmaster and Joe Rocket make durable and affordable gear. I've also heard very good things about Rev-It and Olympia.

Women's gear has come a long way from when I first started riding and it was, basically, "We'll just make men's gear smaller." It does fit better these days and is cut for women's actual bodies. I know you've tried Revzilla. They're also my go-to for a few reasons.
  • The review videos, while narrated by "that guy with that voice" :lol2:, tend to show women's jackets and pants on the female riders on their staff, and you can judge fit by comparing your body type with theirs.
  • Their sizing/fit guides are spot on if you measure yourself correctly.
  • Their return policy and customer service are amazing, just in case you decide on your pants, and they turn out not to fit as you think they will. You can call or use the online chat feature, and they'll set you up with a return label and will send a replacement immediately.
Hope this was helpful and you eventually find what you need.

Another female here. I ride and ADV style bike Tiger 900 GT Pro, but only go off road if someone leads me on it by accident! That being said, I also wear the Joe Rocket Cleo Elite riding pants. They come in a white/silver which is what I have. I also have a pair of mesh Olympia in black. It is a night and day temp difference between the two. I love how the Cleo fit. I know adv riders tend to not have mesh, but it seems like it would be so hot with only a few zippered vents open. Especially since you guys tend to go at a slower speed off road. Don't you get hot in those non mesh pants?

Great input yall very helpful! Sorry I haven't replied individually, my brain is dead but I read yalls replies and I'm like 'yup, yup, I know that one'. So, spot on describing the gear and how it's working in your experience. Thank you!

Meantime I have checked out the Revzilla videos on the Olympia pants, that was helpful, put options in place as well.

On the Motoport option, anyone seen their pants? What do they look like?

Monica - any updates? I'm really interested in your experience.

BTW, I noticed that KLIM is now showing the Dakar pant under the Women's section as well.

Monica - any updates? I'm really interested in your experience.

BTW, I noticed that KLIM is now showing the Dakar pant under the Women's section as well.
Hi Tex, no update yet. Went on vacation and forgot about everything for the week 👙⛱ I'll check out the Dakar pants.

My wife wears the Scorpion Zions and is very happy with them. She’s 6’ tall, so it’s nice for her to find quality riding pants that are long enough.

I have the Klim Altitude pants and love them....definitely worth the investment. I also have a pair of RevIt mesh pants for summer. We don’t ride much around here in the heat of the summer so I do wear the Altitudes the majority of the time.

Back