• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Pie run VI or PCV1 for June Sam's restaurant, Fairfield 6/27/20

It was good to see everyone, for sure! Also the first time I was able to ride in weeks, which boggles the mind when it’s my only transportation.

The ride was much better on the way back when I got off the interstate, and I met a pretty interesting (but slightly too tall to talk with) fellow!

You gotta let me ride that Ninja 400 one day. Let me know if you're ever up around Conroe.

you didn't buy a Honda!! if you are willing to do the work your self and don't mind long walks in riding boots you should be fine. I don't know about the dealers around there, the ones around here suck and it takes for ever to get parts, could be they are over whelmed with so many recalls on so many bikes all at same time.
As I said in my intro, after decades w/o a ride, the K13GT caught my eye and my imagination. I read horror stories of $$$$ repairs (the web is used to complain more than compliment IMO) but I also found many owners getting +100K miles with only normal maintenance and the occasional $$ repair. I seriously considered multiple models from the big 3 rice burner cos. and except for the Sargent seat, I'm happy with my Beemer. :thumb:

interesting, my GS is the one bike I have been perfectly happy with the seat, I have Sargent seats on a couple of the others and despite it having a pretty good seat, I am waiting for sargents to come out with one for my 500X.

I can't feel it with my hands but after at least 30min in the saddle, my butt says there's a lateral crease or void in the cushion. I can't seem to shift fore or aft enough to avoid it so at around an hour I have to take a break. What other company makes good, preferably heated seats?

A new neighbor that used to ride (have) a GWing gave me some kind gel pad with Aussie sheep skin cover. I'm 5' 10" and depending on shoes, can barely flat foot but more often on toes at a stop. I gave the pad a static test but haven't tried riding with it.

I can't feel it with my hands but after at least 30min in the saddle, my butt says there's a lateral crease or void in the cushion. I can't seem to shift fore or aft enough to avoid it so at around an hour I have to take a break. What other company makes good, preferably heated seats?
Corbin is a very popular seat company and have/ do make heated versions.

Back