• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Let's see a Corona Virus selfie shot

WoodButcher

Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Rusty
Last Name
Myers
Lot's of youtube photogs are running weekly activities to keep people active shooting photos. One of the ones I recently participated in was a selfie image. I liked it because anybody can take one. From using a cell phone and long arms with natural light all the way to a pro camera, tripod and lights. Here's mine, and yes, big camera, tripod and a couple of lights. Have some fun with it and let's see a selfie that you've taken recently.

50mm focal length, f 7.1, 1/200 sec. Light with small reflector and grid to subject left for hard light/strong shadows. Another light to subject's right side with large softbox for soft fill light. I figured out about where my head would be and set the camera focus to a single point and continuous focus so it might actually focus near my eyes each shot. I set the camera up with 2 second timer and a cable release, but that was barely enough time and I was checking each shot so I didn't get any flow going. Well, I got an aerobic flow going, but that wasn't my goal. So I turned on the intervalometer function. I set it for 10 shots, 5 seconds apart. Combined with the 2 second delay, it was great. I'd get in position, hold the cable release, press it and it would start the 2 second delay (beep and red flashing light) and take a shot. Then I had 5 seconds to repose and then the 2 second countdown would start again. Worked great and I got almost all in focus. The other challenge was that I wear glasses all the time so I couldn't see a darn thing and sometimes my eyes just didn't look right because they weren't looking at anything. But I got a few I was happy with.

i-r8TL8z4-XL.jpg

So please, have some fun with it. Let's see some pictures of you with your bikes, or in the flowers, at your desk. Show off your corona beards or haircuts. Don't worry about putting as much work as I did, I'm crazy.

come on, plenty of views, but no posts. Let's see your mugs. And by that, I mean faces.

Here ya go :)

How did you take that selfie? and how do we know it is you?

We just lump Covid-19 into all the other crap that can kill you and go on living our lives like normal. Bicycles, motorcycles, birthday parties, dinner out, and anything else we enjoy. We have the coolest daughter and another one on the way. It makes it easy to block out all this negativity that can poison your mind right now.
11A07877-43DB-4DE7-9D16-4B8A8650DE9D.jpeg
DB8711F4-8842-4D59-BB1A-A21732A0875A.jpeg
AFB6367A-3612-4811-802F-F6327F4BC38B.jpeg
79266E0D-C9B7-409C-B2B3-DA8B5285C266.jpeg
B21B74CB-F833-42A7-960C-1AD03FBC3DD9.jpeg
545182E7-4CF9-4CA1-94B0-A2777A61148D.jpeg

I thought the definition of a selfie is at your arm's length or extended with a selfie stick. Using timers or someone else clicking the shot doesn't qualify correct?

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

I thought the definition of a selfie is at your arm's length or extended with a selfie stick. Using timers or someone else clicking the shot doesn't qualify correct?

Using timers qualifies to me
3592d19bfe4cb43abe110fa52e80a606.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

That's why you don't get paid to think.

Ok flame me for trying to be nice, instead of "I thought the definition is.." I should have said "The definition is.." I don't often get paid to think but I'm wrong even less often. LOL

Reactions: JMZ
Actually has a friend back in the 80 that I canoed and camped with that nicked named me Sasquatch. :lol2:

Back