• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Emma Long ride....

I put a new rear tire on the KTM and rode Sunday. I couldn't believe how much a difference it made in traction and the ability to tractor up the hills. Left big toe still hurts from the last ride but had a really good ride this time.
What tire?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I'm usually at the parking lot around 7:30. Wonder what time it will actually "open". Meaning the gate is unlocked.

The word I got is.....7am is when park's officially open.
I hope that, during the short closure, we get ALOT of rain!!!! Then on 1st day it opens back up, i wanna be the 1st one out the gate, putting down fresh knobs on all that soft, smooth run off soil. I can't think of anything more satisfying...dirtbike wise, oK?

Maxxis M7305 Maxxcross IT - Found it on Craigslist. Never mounted. $40.00
That's a good deal. I've heard good things about those tires.

I stick with Michelin starcross 5 mediums because I ride a lot of different terrain

That's a good deal. I've heard good things about those tires.

I stick with Michelin starcross 5 mediums because I ride a lot of different terrain

Are you using the medium on the front also? I just installed a M-59 on the front and not totally sure I like it in the sandy areas. Maybe I just need more time on it.

Are you using the medium on the front also? I just installed a M-59 on the front and not totally sure I like it in the sandy areas. Maybe I just need more time on it.
Yes. With bib mousses front and back. They work great in my sand.

So much for my weekend plans... :miffed:

June 29, 2020
Prompted by an increase in COVID-19 cases and hospitalizations, the City of Austin will close all parks and recreational facilities from Friday, July 3 through Sunday, July 5. This includes all City parks, as well as recreational facilities (e.g. golf courses, tennis courts, boat ramps, recreation/cultural centers, museums, Austin Nature & Science Center, Zilker Botanical Garden, preserves, pools, etc). All pre-paid park admission passes will be credited to the park patron’s account or refunded.

What’s the scoop on the trails? They closed now, staying closed indefinitely?
I don't see anything new on the PARD/AustinTexas.gov site. So the park should reopen on Monday, July 6. Will need to hear from someone who drives by there to see if it is actually open or not.

I rode Hidden Falls on Saturday and only did the North Loop because it was so hot. That's why I like to get to City Park by 7:00 AM on Saturday's so I can ride before it gets really hot.

I don't see anything new on the PARD/AustinTexas.gov site. So the park should reopen on Monday, July 6. Will need to hear from someone who drives by there to see if it is actually open or not.

I rode Hidden Falls on Saturday and only did the North Loop because it was so hot. That's why I like to get to City Park by 7:00 AM on Saturday's so I can ride before it gets really hot.
Did you run into the montoyas? Alex is on a new 6 days and bekah is on a 150

Rode in 102 deg F yesterday afternoon. 1 lap around the main loop was more than enough. ...even under thick trees, it still got downright HOT underneath all that gear riding out there.
IMG-20200711-122853.jpg

at mile #5 inside the main loop, i started to get a couple of flame outs right off idle,. when this happens, it means my fuel is about to get overheated. if i keep riding, fuel could vaporlock. i finished out the loop, got on pavement, head for some cool shade & some cold bevs. at my fav. watering hole along the way home.

IMG-20200711-131229.jpg

then I cut into zilker, soaked up some fresh air and cool shade before stopping into Black's BBQ for some of their brisket& ribs to take home.
IMG-20200711-144309.jpg

Life is good when you're on a dirtbike zipping around austin.

Nice.
i rode early this am @ Bastrop. Started at 0800 and I lasted 1hr. Crazy humid and hot even early.

Reactions: Dao
Nice.
i rode early this am @ Bastrop. Started at 0800 and I lasted 1hr. Crazy humid and hot even early.
What bike were you on?

Rode in 102 deg F yesterday afternoon. 1 lap around the main loop was more than enough. ...even under thick trees, it still got downright HOT underneath all that gear riding out there.
View attachment 268297

at mile #5 inside the main loop, i started to get a couple of flame outs right off idle,. when this happens, it means my fuel is about to get overheated. if i keep riding, fuel could vaporlock. i finished out the loop, got on pavement, head for some cool shade & some cold bevs. at my fav. watering hole along the way home.

View attachment 268298

then I cut into zilker, soaked up some fresh air and cool shade before stopping into Black's BBQ for some of their brisket& ribs to take home.
View attachment 268299

Life is good when you're on a dirtbike zipping around austin.

Nice.
I was there briefly too. Saw that crazy truck toyota.

it's midway between emma & downtown, or 5 miles from the state capitol bldg.

Rode yesterday from 8 to 11 at a not stressful pace. Wasn't horrible. That's saying something at these temperatures.

Rode this morning from 7:00 to 8:30. I am still surprised at the number of people I see in the parking lot. Both motorcycle and mountain bikes. I guess with all the Covid mess this is still one of the few activities people can enjoy.

I installed a G2 Throttle Tamer on my KTM and I really like it. I think it is just what I needed as a hack rider to smooth out the initial throttle response. I found the bike to be less poppy and I felt like I had more control. One of my better days of riding today. Totally enjoyed it!! :rider:

"1 lap around the main loop was more than enough."
Having never been there, how long is 1 lap, time/distance?

Back