• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Post your Day Rides Here!

Turned a 30 mile round trip to the parts store into a 145 mile loop. Darn TxDot paved another one of my good dirt roads for the oil field trucks.

Yesterday’s head-clearing. Needed a ride. Lost my dad 15 years ago, tomorrow. Buried his wife Tuesday. At least they are back together again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Burger time...with fries & a Big Red
under $6 !

Across from Mart Post Office
20200725_114007.jpg

Well....burp...ya never kno..till ya try

Time for a better burger nex ride

Sent from my LML212VL using Tapatalk

Last edited:
What started out as a short ride to a regular breakfast meet turned into a 180 mile day.

Met friends at the 1st Saturday Breakfast at The Sky's The Limit Diner at the Tyler Airport. We turned up six and had a leisurely breakfast. My intent for the rest of the day was pulling about 30 t-posts from an old fence line on my place. But a rider was headed to Jefferson by backroads for lunch at Kitt's Kornbread Sandwich & Pie Bar. So I (quickly) dropped the idea of pulling t-posts and tagged along.

Great route and weather, my dash temp gauge stayed in the mid 80's. Getting to Jefferson we snagged close-by parking. When we sat down at Kitts I was still digesting eggs, hash browns, toast and sausage when I saw the pie menu, OK there's room for pie. Apple ala mode.

Headed home, avoided any major state highways, back roads were the rule. Home again, too hot for t-posts, gonna veg the rest of the day.

Had originally planned to continue west and catch the Port Townsend ferry to go south, but there were warnings of long delays. Instead we stayed on the east side of the Cascades to Yakima and picked up hwy 12 scenic byway.

Mt Rainier

We ran what is quickly becoming my favorite 1.5 hr ride Saturday. My dad came along on his work in progress scramberlized TU250X and my brother's friend brought his 1.5L Harley. Of course I rode my Bonnneville. Chuck took some pictures when we stopped, so I stuck them here because it seems this thread is no fun without pictures. But you need to ride this route to appreciate it fully. There's one spot as you crown a hill on 1174 that has a view that is among the greatest I've seen in all of Texas.

The route from my house in Cedar Park is north on 183 towards Briggs, where you gradually leave the suburbs and find the edge of the TX big sky ranch land. Turn left on FM243 towards Bertram, which runs that edge of the ranch land and is a pretty leisurely and easy ride to Bertram. Once you get to US 29 in Bertram you have to turn right on 29 and then jog over about 1/4 mile to turn left to stay on 243, then take 243 through Oatmeal. FM 243 joins FM1174 near Liberty Hill, take FM1174 towards Smithwick, which runs you over the edge of the Balcones escarpment and adjacent to the Balcones Canyonlands WIldlife Preserve where you leave ranch country and run right up to the edge of the hill country, including that spectacular view as you crest the last big ridge on 1174. 1174 dead ends at FM 1431, take it left back to Cedar Park through Smithwick, Lago Vista and Jonestown, back across from Burnet county all the way through Travis county and back into Williamson county. The suburbs come right back on you soon after Jonestown. Whole ride is about 80 miles.

I do this ride about once or twice a month, and it was glorious as usual on Saturday. We stopped at the BCP parking lot on 1174 and Chuck snapped these pictures.

Our parking spot:
d20a6168-1954-40ec-ac37-201f16f7fe0f.jpeg

Me & my dad:
cf15a7d8-432f-4704-a9c8-c689e8d1f2f2.jpeg

For the roads, go see them yourself. Totally worth it.

Headed south today on 101 in Washington, with a slight detour over to Mt St Helens on 504, followed by more 101 down the coast of Oregon. If you’re ever in the PNW, don’t miss hwy 504 and Mt St Helens

This seems like it might be more than a day ride? :)

Back